Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MISSING: Colorado woman who went for a bike ride more than a week ago, FBI involved in the search

We're not slowing down the search and we're not stopping. We are not even considering slowing down right now because some of the momentum that we think we have," nephew Trevor Noel told 11 News reporter Tony Keith.

Noel told Keith that search parties have been out in full force every day.

"Hours and hours covering hundreds and hundreds of miles... we're walking every hillside every mountain every stream. Not leaving any rock unturned."

I see your point but I suppose he’d make a better searcher than I would even if not ideal lol :)

In all seriousness, in that sort of terrain I’m not surprised that the family hasn’t searched at all. I love my husband and would be devastated if he disappeared. That doesn't change that fact that a strong breeze would blow my tiny butt off the side of a mountain. MOO
You’d be very surprised what the federal government and other agencies have asked of wildland firefighters. My husband had to go search for bodies during Hurricane Katrina, and also searched for a missing 4 year old. They are trained for many things, but I suppose it depends on their district. MOO

I finally listened to NG podcast and it said the bike was found with brakes locked. I googled that and they could have locked from and accident or even hitting a bump. What if she crashed her bike or it locked up and she flew over the handlebars injuring herself or with a concussion. Could that be a possibility?
I only heard them say they heard reports that the brakes were locked and then said "if" the reports are true what could it mean? I didn't take it as definitive that the bike was found with the brakes locked. 35:25 - 35:50 of the podcast.
https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aH...EwjOodeB78DpAhXNepoKHRv0DZQQjrkEegQICxAG&ep=6

I finally listened to NG podcast and it said the bike was found with brakes locked. I googled that and they could have locked from and accident or even hitting a bump. What if she crashed her bike or it locked up and she flew over the handlebars injuring herself or with a concussion. Could that be a possibility?

Well, since NG is an approved source, I guess we can discuss the locked brakes rumor now.

I have no idea how the breaks lock on a bike so I'd like to hear from those who do know this stuff?

ETA: I'm just under half-way through NG podcast and I'll say this:

What her and her guests are doing, are bringing up pretty much all the rumors many of us have seen on SM, and bringing them up in a way that identifies they are in fact rumors, and they're not confirming any of them. Also speculating on when and how this all happened, almost exactly the way we're doing here.

Last edited:
As to 'locked brakes' - I don't even know exactly what that means

I mountain bike, in the Rockies, just about every day.

I've had brakes just go 'poof' & no more -which is dangerous....

But not 'locked'...now if brakes were tightened down & you'd not any reason to notice until you're out & about & riding....sure: too tight: you are 'arse' over head.....& that is actually very dangerous.
But....don't know how you 'lock' brakes on a bike...now maybe that's because I've no occasion to google such things!!

I admit, I may ride every day in the rockies on a mountain bike: doesn't mean I'm all geeked out about how it's gears work

I drive a car every day without a clue as to how it runs too lol ;) (well, okay - I know how it runs, just not how to fix it if it breaks!)

"FOX21 spoke with the uncle of Suzanne’s husband who said this past week for the family can be summed up with one word, terrifying. Bob Morphew said he believes his nephew, Barry had absolutely nothing to do with Suzanne’s disappearance.

“She is one of the sweetest, one of the sweetest people you would ever want to meet,” Bob Morphew explained. “She’s the kind of person that everybody loved.”

He described Suzanne as a loving mother, wife, a former teacher and a kind person. Bob lives in Indiana, feels helpless and wants his family to have answers as to what happened to Suzanne.

“I love those kids and what I want is for them to be back together,” Bob Morphew added.

A plea from Suzanne’s husband, Barry was shared online exactly a week after she disappeared. A reward of $200,000 by family and friends of Suzanne Morphew has been offered for a safe return – no questions asked.

Bob Morphew says Barry is very sincere in the video and said “that’s Barry.” He added for those pointing the finger at Barry, “I think they can bury that kind of thought.” Bob went on to say, “tell that to the Chaffee County Sheriff.”

“They’re a loving couple and I’ve never seen any kind of unhappiness with each other or produced by either one of them,” Bob Morphew said.

The Morphew’s say they desperately want Suzanne to safely return home.

“We’re all terrified about this and no place to find any rest,” Bob added. “Like I said, everybody loves Suzanne and Barry and we know what they are going through and it’s hard on our hearts too because we don’t know.”

More at link “Everybody loves Suzanne and Barry,” family member wants Chaffee County mother’s safe return

NG is an approved source at Websleuths and we trust that she has vetted her sources.

If she made reference to the locked brakes and did not give a source, perhaps it is rumor. We don't know for sure either way. You may discuss it as a possibility, you may believe it or take it with a grain of salt. Just bear in mind we don't have a named source.

This is one of my theories as well and purely speculation as we have so little to go with. If someone was doing work outside the house maybe the worker had their eye on her for days or weeks. She might not even fear workers around the house if they were doing home improvements, especially if this was a common occurrence and they were trying to get their fairly new home the way they wanted it.

She may have caught someone’s eye and they waited around outside the house for her until they found the opportunity for her to be home alone. They may have lingered outside and when she left the safety of her home on that bike ride maybe the person stopped her to “talk about the project” or ask a question and that would be when she placed the bike up by the tree. Soon after abduction occurs and she drops personal item along the way. Jmo as a possible scenario. I hope we hear more soon.

This is certainly a possibility if it really is true that the neighbor saw SM go on a Sunday bike ride, as stated in today’s NG podcast. But wouldn’t the few residents who live there notice someone in a car, stalking and waiting for who knows how long?

You’d be very surprised what the federal government and other agencies have asked of wildland firefighters. My husband had to go search for bodies during Hurricane Katrina, and also searched for a missing 4 year old. They are trained for many things, but I suppose it depends on their district. MOO
Yes...........this is a big country, with many types of wild land. Ours is the bone dry, steep, rocky kind. IMO

According to Google, the sun set at 8:06 PM there on May 10. It would have still been very light out when the neighbor called the cops. I agree that there had to be some reason for her to be concerned to call that early. Now, we don't know what time she saw Suzanne leave. I guess if she saw her leave at like 10 AM and then couldn't get a hold of her almost 8 hours later, she might have cause to be concerned. MOO
YES!! Even if what NG said is fact and the neighbor did see her leave, why wouldn't she have given a time? It makes a huge difference. Did she leave at 10 or did she leave at 4? IMO

MISSING: Colorado woman who went for a bike ride more than a week ago, FBI involved in the search

We're not slowing down the search and we're not stopping. We are not even considering slowing down right now because some of the momentum that we think we have," nephew Trevor Noel told 11 News reporter Tony Keith.

Noel told Keith that search parties have been out in full force every day.

"Hours and hours covering hundreds and hundreds of miles... we're walking every hillside every mountain every stream. Not leaving any rock unturned."
When I first read the BBM, I thought how pretentious and disrespectful of LE's efforts. What kind of momentum is he talking about? Are they close to breaking the case, finding Suzanne, or critical evidence? It's like they are competing with LE in this investigation. I think the gimme fund is also giving me heartburn and influencing my opinion.

But it this were my sister or daughter, I'd move heaven and earth to find her by any means possible. So I'm going to zip it and have some grace for TN.

Well...locked brakes

I have had my brakes 'go out'...no brakes...but, I'd say that is 'loosened' brakes not 'locked'

Locked implies 'tightened' - if very tight: you apply them, you can flip right over the handlebars of the bike: it's dangerous

So, the term 'locked' is mystery to me...

This is just to clarify post earlier...since seems I'm not the only one wondering

And I ride every day...again: as said: I'm not some 'gear head' - I just ride...

I've said my piece: hopefully this term can be clarified by a bike expert ;)

And remember in Kelsey’s case, it wasn’t until way later that LE actually came back and essentially tore the place apart.

Maybe a tip from someone close? MOO

Memory can be deceiving. They searched it four times, totally tearing it apart on the third try. Later, after the key witness took them on a guided tour of the torn-up place, they came back with search crews again. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat