Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NG is an approved source at Websleuths and we trust that she has vetted her sources.

If she made reference to the locked brakes and did not give a source, perhaps it is rumor. We don't know for sure either way. You may discuss it as a possibility, you may believe it or take it with a grain of salt. Just bear in mind we don't have a named source.

Just at the halfway point of the podcast but I wanted to say this:

What her and her guests are doing, are bringing up pretty much all the rumors many of us have seen on SM, and bringing them up in a way that identifies they are in fact rumors, and they're not confirming any of them. Also speculating on when and how this all happened, almost exactly the way we're doing here. She's handling it professionally, and reporting accurately.

Last edited:
MISSING: Colorado woman who went for a bike ride more than a week ago, FBI involved in the search

We're not slowing down the search and we're not stopping. We are not even considering slowing down right now because some of the momentum that we think we have," nephew Trevor Noel told 11 News reporter Tony Keith.

Noel told Keith that search parties have been out in full force every day.

"Hours and hours covering hundreds and hundreds of miles... we're walking every hillside every mountain every stream. Not leaving any rock unturned."

From this article:

Posted: Mon 7:32 PM, May 18, 2020 |
Updated: Tue 7:34 PM, May 19, 2020
On Wednesday, the Colorado Bureau of Investigation stated Morphew's house was being "held," simply meaning no one was being allowed in or out as the missing persons case continued.

Do they mean last Wednesday 5/13 ? ?

"FOX21 spoke with the uncle of Suzanne’s husband who said this past week for the family can be summed up with one word, terrifying. Bob Morphew said he believes his nephew, Barry had absolutely nothing to do with Suzanne’s disappearance.

“She is one of the sweetest, one of the sweetest people you would ever want to meet,” Bob Morphew explained. “She’s the kind of person that everybody loved.”

He described Suzanne as a loving mother, wife, a former teacher and a kind person. Bob lives in Indiana, feels helpless and wants his family to have answers as to what happened to Suzanne.

“I love those kids and what I want is for them to be back together,” Bob Morphew added.

A plea from Suzanne’s husband, Barry was shared online exactly a week after she disappeared. A reward of $200,000 by family and friends of Suzanne Morphew has been offered for a safe return – no questions asked.

Bob Morphew says Barry is very sincere in the video and said “that’s Barry.” He added for those pointing the finger at Barry, “I think they can bury that kind of thought.” Bob went on to say, “tell that to the Chaffee County Sheriff.”

“They’re a loving couple and I’ve never seen any kind of unhappiness with each other or produced by either one of them,” Bob Morphew said.

The Morphew’s say they desperately want Suzanne to safely return home.

“We’re all terrified about this and no place to find any rest,” Bob added. “Like I said, everybody loves Suzanne and Barry and we know what they are going through and it’s hard on our hearts too because we don’t know.”

More at link “Everybody loves Suzanne and Barry,” family member wants Chaffee County mother’s safe return

BBM - hmmmmm. Adding more to the idea family and LE may not be working well together and curious if this means LE believes BM is a good suspect?
(I mean one can assume from that statement but yeah)

There have been no reporters on the scene. Everything that we have heard has either been from the sheriff's department, or second hand information. County-to-county travel in severely limited in Colorado due to COVID 19 and there are no local news sources. IMO

Actually I believe This reporter has been on scene and was there for the presser

@FOX21News

Amber Jo Cooper
@AmberJoCooper

The Sheriff has declined to speak with me on camera, and has no new information for the media. He did say they are working on a tip line but did not have the info available yet. He could not confirm any reward being offered. They are not asking for the public’s help searching.
4:33 PM · May 13, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

video from the scene
Amber Jo Cooper on Twitter

She's been following it pretty closely IMO

Last edited:
There have been no reporters on the scene. Everything that we have heard has either been from the sheriff's department, or second hand information. County-to-county travel in severely limited in Colorado due to COVID 19 and there are no local news sources. IMO

I think media has been on scene:

Courtney Fromm
@courtney_fromm

MONARCH PASS: the pass is back open. We are heading now to the Chaffee County Courthouse where Sheriff Spezze will be giving an update on Morphew. He is expected to talk at 5. You can watch it live here —-> https://fox21news.com/news/local/monarch-pass-closed-as-crews-search-for-missing-chaffee-county-woman/…
@FOX21News
#suzannemorphew #colorado

Courtney Fromm on Twitter

"FOX21 spoke with the uncle of Suzanne’s husband who said this past week for the family can be summed up with one word, terrifying.

Bob Morphew says Barry is very sincere in the video and said “that’s Barry.” He added for those pointing the finger at Barry, “I think they can bury that kind of thought.Bob went on to say, “tell that to the Chaffee County Sheriff”.

More at link “Everybody loves Suzanne and Barry,” family member wants Chaffee County mother’s safe return
Snipped for brevity. BBM
Wow! Very interesting comment by the Uncle. It looks like the Sheriff has a suspect in mind. MOO

"FOX21 spoke with the uncle of Suzanne’s husband who said this past week for the family can be summed up with one word, terrifying. Bob Morphew said he believes his nephew, Barry had absolutely nothing to do with Suzanne’s disappearance.

“She is one of the sweetest, one of the sweetest people you would ever want to meet,” Bob Morphew explained. “She’s the kind of person that everybody loved.”

He described Suzanne as a loving mother, wife, a former teacher and a kind person. Bob lives in Indiana, feels helpless and wants his family to have answers as to what happened to Suzanne.

“I love those kids and what I want is for them to be back together,” Bob Morphew added.

A plea from Suzanne’s husband, Barry was shared online exactly a week after she disappeared. A reward of $200,000 by family and friends of Suzanne Morphew has been offered for a safe return – no questions asked.

Bob Morphew says Barry is very sincere in the video and said “that’s Barry.” He added for those pointing the finger at Barry, “I think they can bury that kind of thought.” Bob went on to say, “tell that to the Chaffee County Sheriff.”

“They’re a loving couple and I’ve never seen any kind of unhappiness with each other or produced by either one of them,” Bob Morphew said.

The Morphew’s say they desperately want Suzanne to safely return home.

“We’re all terrified about this and no place to find any rest,” Bob added. “Like I said, everybody loves Suzanne and Barry and we know what they are going through and it’s hard on our hearts too because we don’t know.”

Sorry, I'm horrible at cutting and pasting. What did Uncle mean when he said, "He added for those pointing the finger at Barry, I think they can bury that kind of thought ." Bob went onto say, "tell that to the Chaffee county Sheriff".

Ok. Wha?!!!

Sometimes, family, friends and well meaning people should just shut the heck up!

YES!! Even if what NG said is fact and the neighbor did see her leave, why wouldn't she have given a time? It makes a huge difference. Did she leave at 10 or did she leave at 4? IMO

I started transcribing the podcast but got sidetracked half way in. Kid's came home from work.

In any case here are my notes from that question in the discussion:

7:05 NG asks ‘how does the neighbor know, at six o’clock that SM is not where she’s supposed to be – maybe they were supposed to have dinner together?’ The guest responds that the neighbor stated it was getting dark, getting late, and that she knew that SM should have been back by then. (and that she didn’t see her – and that’s hard to hear since NG is talking over her) She gives no indication as to how she knew SM should have been back by the 5:46pm phone call.
https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aH...EwjOodeB78DpAhXNepoKHRv0DZQQjrkEegQICxAG&ep=6

I don't think LE is unsure of the last reported site of SM. They haven't made any statements at all about when she was last seen or who saw her last. I think LE requesting residents preserve any video captured starting on May 8 is what is prompting our speculation that perhaps a crime or someone in the area planning for a crime started a few days before Mother's Day. But that doesn't necessarily mean LE is unsure when SM was last seen.

It's unclear to me from the Nancy Grace podcast whether the neighbor absolutely saw SM leave for a bike ride that day.

But Nancy's guest Nicole Partin, CrimeOnline reporter, does say the next door neighbor "Sees her and knows she's headed out on the bike ride. Late in the afternoon, when she doesn't return, the neighbor gets concerned and calls authorities."

Nancy asked, "Do you know why the neighbor realized something was amiss at 6pm?"

Nicole: "Only thing we know is she told authorities is that it was getting dark, it was getting late, and she knew she should have been back by now."

Nancy says the neighbor reported SM missing at 6p.m.
It wasn’t dark at 6 pm in Colorado the day she was reported missing. BBM

I don't think LE is unsure of the last reported site of SM. They haven't made any statements at all about when she was last seen or who saw her last. I think LE requesting residents preserve any video captured starting on May 8 is what is prompting our speculation that perhaps a crime or someone in the area planning for a crime started a few days before Mother's Day. But that doesn't necessarily mean LE is unsure when SM was last seen.

It's unclear to me from the Nancy Grace podcast whether the neighbor absolutely saw SM leave for a bike ride that day.

But Nancy's guest Nicole Partin, CrimeOnline reporter, does say the next door neighbor "Sees her and knows she's headed out on the bike ride. Late in the afternoon, when she doesn't return, the neighbor gets concerned and calls authorities."

Nancy asked, "Do you know why the neighbor realized something was amiss at 6pm?"

Nicole: "Only thing we know is she told authorities is that it was getting dark, it was getting late, and she knew she should have been back by now."

So this seems to imply that it was solely the neighbor's decision to call 911, not that she was called or urged by family to do so. ?

From this article:

On Wednesday, the Colorado Bureau of Investigation stated Morphew's house was being "held," simply meaning no one was being allowed in or out as the missing persons case continued.

Very interesting! Good catch, Cindizzi. It would certainly make more sense if they did it last week.

Ok, well Nicole Partin seems to be stating facts, not opinion. Maybe the neighbor drove by Suzanne as she was leaving on her ride in the morning.

If this is true, BM goes way down my list and a random abduction shoots to the top.

From this article:

Good question.

Sorry, I'm horrible at cutting and pasting. What did Uncle mean when he said, "He added for those pointing the finger at Barry, I think they can bury that kind of thought ." Bob went onto say, "tell that to the Chaffee county Sheriff".

Ok. Wha?!!!

Sometimes, family, friends and well meaning people should just shut the heck up!
Because this family member just confirmed that the sheriff was pointing his finger at someone. MOO

I asked my brother-- he told me there are different reasons.

1. The brake hose could be collapsed internally, acting as a one way valve, holding pressure after the brakes are applied. Thus locked.

2. The brake pads can wear to the point where they slip forward between the rotor and caliper, wedging the rotors in place. This happens while the bike is ridden.

3. Squeezeing the brakes too hard will lock up your tires. Such as in a crash or a forced stop.

Thank you, that is very helpful.
So maybe then suddenly squeezing the brakes (and not letting go) like you might if an object was suddenly in front of you, or you were braking hard to avoid going into a ravine or something.
Either would indicate either an accident or an intentional running her off the road.
Or an attempt to make it look like that, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214