Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think it is necessarily hinky per say that seeking video from May 8 onwards means they suspect the husband. It seems standard that in any thorough investigation LE would want to see anything possibly relevant leading up to her disappearance, which could also include strange vehicles or people in the area. Sometimes predators scope out their victims and locations beforehand. It could be just be standard investigating, or not, and hoping to verify maybe what the husband said happened in the days prior. My point, there are a lot of standard uses and reasons for wanting footage from the days prior.

If they think something happened may have happened to her before, then this would obviously discount the neighbor’s sighting of her leaving on the bike ride.

Last edited:
Do LE check for life insurance policies when a person disappears under suspicious circumstances? Some policies don't cover suicide if the policy is less than 2 years old, some don't cover suicide at all.

Do we know how BM traveled to Denver and back? And what day he left? Apparently it's about a 3 hour drive.

<modsnip: sleuthing husband>

Last edited by a moderator:
It does seem to imply that. Although in the very next breath, Nancy mentions the "unconfirmed report" that a daughter unable to reach SM, calls the neighbor and asks her to call... "Jackie, are you saying she asked her to call the mom or asked her to call police?" Answer: "Call the police."

Then Nancy says, "So in any event, you're correct, that it is the neighbor. I was wondering what prompted the neighbor to realize that Suzanne was missing." And then tells Nicole to pick it up from there. Nicole says, "So authorities were alerted and..." So the whole thing about "wait was it the daughters who called the neighbor or did the neighbor notice on her own that she saw Suzanne leaving for a bike ride and never return home" clarification kind of got glossed over.

Nicole Partin talks about the neighbor seeing SM leave for the bike ride as if it's fact, but doesn't say how she knows that.

Great points! I'm not taking anything NG is reporting seriously until it's verified. She seems to be spouting a lot of rumors I've seen elsewhere on SM with nothing to back them up. She clearly doesn't have rules of vetting info like we do here on WS. She should take notes. JMO

This is so frustrating... There is so much info we usually get on a missing person that we are just not getting here...why?? We don't even know when she was last seen... We haven't heard a thing from her kids. Did they even see her on Mother's day? Why are they staying with the neighbors? What about this concerned nephew? They couldn't stay with him since they are having their own search situation? I just don't get it at all. We don't even know if she has friends here. Is there a church where people know her. It's like she has no trace here.

LE is not "warning" the community! In MOO they do not believe there is an imminent danger to the community. Wouldn't they error on the side of caution if they believed there may be someone "on the loose?"

I think the whole "bike ride" thing is insignificant and is simply a diversion (either by LE intentionally to side-track the perp, keep the public busy chasing that fact or by others unintentionally). An example of unintentional would be... "Mom loves going mountain biking. She probably went on Mother's Day because it is one of her favorite things to do. Maybe she went on a ride and something happened." And then that one comment becomes a cornerstone for theories around the case. I just really think it will turn out to be an insignificant part of this puzzle. The fact that the nephew has urged the public to ask the Sheriff about the bike makes me think he wants the public to know that maybe...the bike was found at home in the garage bike rack where it belongs or....maybe outside the garage just as she was leaving the house...or... leaning against a tree in the front driveway? Found laying in the driveway? Run over by a truck and bent? What???? There is a reason LE has been staying quiet. ALL MOO

The friend or neighbor who called 911...she said she called because it was getting late and SM should have returned from her "alleged" bike ride. So.....I'm sure she went over SM house to double check if she had come back. Maybe she looks around outside, peeks in the front windows... I have very good instincts, as we ALL do. Our bodies and minds KNOW when something is not right. She just knew something wasn't right and got spooked and called 911.

The different companies, non-profits, dissolved status etc. does not raise any red flags for me. There does not need to be a web site for these companies. I have different companies set up in my home state, TAX ID's and different bank accts. for small projects or ventures that I do. It helps when running small businesses and keeping TAX IDs and tax filing organized. The non-profit does not send up any red flags at all. Everything I state is MOO.

Last edited:
First time posting so hopefully I’m not breaking any rules. <modsnip: "cancer" has now been sourced to Daily Mail which is a WS approved source> If that were the case I personally would want to move closer to my kids, spend more time doing what I loved and be somewhere that i could easily access any drugs needed. Colorado seems to be a no brainer if she were ill in any manor. And if her health was compromised and had taken a turn for the worst I could understand family wanting to help her go out on her own terms. I assume suicide isn’t helpful towards a life insurance policy so getting help from family would make sense. This theory breaks my heart but also somehow seems better than the other horrible possibilities Has anything been mentioned about her health or have I just completely made up an unlikely scenario?

I thought I read earlier that the husband was a volunteer firefighter. Which is a thing that very small communities have.

Now I'm seeing comments about "wildland firefighter". Where did that change come from?

Those are two very different things.

I'm not aware of any volunteer wildland firefighters. Only paid folks, and sometimes inmate crews.

Both categories do have training sessions, though, which may be the part that's relevant in any case.

From the beginning, I've read "Volunteer Firefighter" <modnsip>. Most recently, I've seen both such as the following:

According to his Facebook page, Barry is a volunteer firefighter in Colorado. He wrote that he is a wildland firefighter at Chaffee County Fire Protection District.

Suzanne Morphew Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Ok here I go. I have been picking up on keywords and subtle phrases and body language. MY OPINION NOT FACT. It seems to me that LE might be pulling some of the word play (used with Tecia example) My thoughts are that they really don't want the public to think BM is working closely with them. Then the Facebook plea not throw a media. These events are weighing on me. The lack of information and the Le actually saying I hope he continues to cooperate. This is a word play situation. If someone has her this could word play to appear HB has no intention of communicating with LE. So I am ransom would be asked for. Stalker is a possibility she is very pretty and from what I hear amazing personality. My thoughts keep going towards the man doing all these interviews about BM temper. Who is running for Mayor or Governor! He seems shady to me. All politicians seem shady to me tho. I find it rather cold blooded for this man getting his political intentions to the public thru a missing person interview! My thoughts are someone upset with 1or both of them may have lashed out. The money could also someone is feels robbed or cheated out of their share of $$. Who ever is responsible was keeping up with their schedule.

Edit as i just posed from a few pages behind.

Ok now i'm getting confused it just went from the neighbor saw her leave and they are searching the house to both of these things being unconfirmed again.

Last edited:
What does it mean to hold a house but not search it? Can someone please explain I’m not really clear on this. Does that mean nobody can go in or out? Why wouldn’t they search it if they are holding it? Thanks in advance for answers.
I have only seen it happen when it is a suspected crime scene.

Some good information in this article regarding why FBI was called in on this case so early.

Although Corsentino says the FBI's involvement does bring out some clues.
"The sheriff of Chaffee County would say that he has information that is pertinent to something beyond Chaffee County and they want the FBI to search outside Chaffee County," he said.

Investigator explains FBI's involvement in Chaffee County missing woman case - KRDO

Apologies if this has already been posted.

Interesting TY.

"While investigators have found "what's believed to be a personal item" belonging to Morphew, they haven't said what the item is.

"They want to maintain the integrity of this case. They want to make sure there are no leaks in the case especially if they have some suspicion of a person who may be involved, like a person of interest," Corsentino said.

Without much to go off of, he says his past in law enforcement leads him to believe there are unusual circumstances.

"This case is going to be something more than I think a family-related case. That's just my gut instinct," Corsentino said. "

So NG and panel seem to find it odd that the husband said “no questions asked”. I don’t find this statement to be odd. I think it’s possible that they are going overboard with the statement analysis, moo.
I must admit that I found that "no questions asked" statement strange. As if something needed to be forgiven or forgotten. Or as if he thought she had been kidnapped for a ransom. MOO.

Do we know when she was last seen and by whom and what she was wearing? Sorry I have probably missed that from early on.

None of this has been verified by LE, and reports in MSM are somewhat conflicting.

However, the family put out a photo of the cycle helmet they say she was ‘wearing when last seen’, and yesterday there was a suggestion on Nancy Grace that she was seen by the neighbour departing for a bike ride.

None of this has been verified by LE, and reports in MSM are somewhat conflicting.

However, the family put out a photo of the cycle helmet they say she was ‘wearing when last seen’, and yesterday there was a suggestion on Nancy Grace that she was seen by the neighbour departing for a bike ride.
Ok TY. Another question, has the Indiana property been cordoned off also, does anyone know, especially as FBI are involved ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper