Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Recall this:
'We Want Her Back': $200,000 Reward Offered In Search For Suzanne Morphew

...[Family spokesman/nephew Trevor] Noel says her bike was found that evening, but Morphew was nowhere to be found. Sheriff John Spezze has told CBS4 it was “probably not” animals. Noel urged people to question the sheriff about the condition of the bike...

There’s something about the bike’s condition once located that the nephew/family seemed utterly convinced, IMO, would point/refocus the investigation in a certain direction. So much so that he “urged people to question the sheriff” (who of course remained tight lipped). Recall also that it was the family not LE who revealed that the bike was found on the Sunday, after a few days had passed in which LE had chosen not to reveal this to the public.[/QUOTE]

So, was it something found on the bike? Was it something not found on the bike?[/QUOTE]

Like perhaps it was wiped clean, NO fingerprints? Wouldn't that be interesting if true?

I agree, that bike is key in the direction LE took the investigation.

Last edited:
agree, I found nothing also, except....they recorded a 'land contract' on this property on 5/3/19. This tells me they sold/contracted home and property to someone else but held the
mortgage, owner financing. Usually in the agreement w/ purchaser they have a clause that new buyer is responsible for paying taxes.
But I didn't see that tax bill was sent to another
person, in fact Morphews' Co. address is listed
on tax bill.
I thought early on someone figured out they sold 3 acres of the IN property but they still own the rest of the land and home on it. Could this be what you’re seeing?

As someone who has mountain biked for 25+ years, I figured I’d add some commentary on the brake speculation.

Mountain bikes that cost $500 and up are made with disc brakes. If SM was a mountain biker, I’d have to assume she had a bike with disc brakes. In fact, I can’t imagine a bike with caliper brakes being able to cut it on CO trails.

I’ve never heard of disc brakes locking up.

So if the brakes were indeed locked up, it was most likely not the brakes but it was caused by a bent rim or fork.

I could also see the thought that high end mountain bikes have disc brakes that can be locked for transport; although I’m not familiar with high end bikes and by that I’m thinking at least $5,000 and up.

But having watched the video of the trail she was allegedly going to, you’d need a bike with full suspension (which is expensive) and would this have disc brakes, which I’ve never heard of as locking on their own or malfunctioning. People be getting critically hurt al over the country if that was the case because a locked up disc brake would immediately stop and throw you head first off the bike with all the riders momentum.

So most likely, if the locked brake thing is true it was structural damage to the rim or fork. Or the bike was being stored with the brakes locked and the person that put her bike out there as a decoy is not a bike rider and didn’t realize to unlock the brake before disgaurding the bike.

Great information.

I used to have a mountain bike with rear suspension and you are so correct that if anyone is riding in those mountainous trails we saw on that video that was shared, they would want a bike with disc brakes.

I wonder if she had one of these "Disc Brake Locks".
Maybe if someone set the bike out in a fake scene, then maybe they didnt realize it had a lock like this or maybe didnt find the key for it to take it off.

Overstock.com: Online Shopping - Bedding, Furniture, Electronics, Jewelry, Clothing & more

Last edited:
Since you unraveled the info on the lot sale,
can you explain why a 'land contract' was placed
on the IN home property on 5/3/19?
I would surmise the home/property was under
contract to sell and the Morphews held the
mortgage. Ownership would still be in Morphew's name until some point in future.
What's your take on this?

Yep, most likely. But as you note, the ownership (title) remains with SM and BM for now and it’s still legally their asset until such future time as the possessor/occupant can pay it all off.

With no registered mortgage at SM and BM’s end, it would seem to be cash in the hand for them if and when the contract completes. If it doesn’t complete, they’ve still got a freehold house in IN as well as a freehold house in CO.

We cannot discount the possibility, however, that somehow they’ve got unregistered debt that is unsecured. The circle is pretty small when it comes to who might lend or outright give you money with no security attached to it. So that opens up a whole lot of intrigue that is probably best left for the likes of Nancy Grace ;)

I take the no fingerprints thing with a grain of salt. That’s not something LE would not release so early. I also think this is a typical misnomer with other cases where statements like these are made, as in incomplete prints found turns into “no prints” and the media runs with “wiped down”.
With this virus going on, a lot of people right down to the paperboy are wearing a mask and gloves without looking suspicious, so it wouldn't surprise me if they never find fingerprints.

LE is not "warning" the community! In MOO they do not believe there is an imminent danger to the community. Wouldn't they error on the side of caution if they believed there may be someone "on the loose?"

RSBM.

It might mean something, but I just keep thinking back to Mollie Tibbits' case where they didn't warn the community of a danger, either, and we all took it to mean she either disappeared on her own or someone known to her hurt her. Neither of those ended up being true and she was killed by a stranger. That may not end up being the case here, but ever since Mollie, I personally am not persuaded just by them not warning the community alone. MOO

I thought early on someone figured out they sold 3 acres of the IN property but they still own the rest of the land and home on it. Could this be what you’re seeing?
I've figured it out. they did land contract on home/property and are holding mtge for new purchasers. Tax bill goes to new purchasers but
M's still are deeded owners.
Owner financing is often done until new buyers
can qualify for mtge or if longer term so sellers can get income from property.

Also, if this training did occur; there would be a documented record of everyone that attended. Most likely a sign in sheet and a sign out/completion on it. This would either be paper based or electronic. It would be interesting to see if this exists and if BM is signed in and signed completed.
Yes and surly someone would have been able to find a record/announcement/schedule, something, to verify that a training event took place, by now! MOO

I know of people that moved to Denver/Colorado Springs because of jobs but left after two years because they didn’t have a clue about the winters there. I don’t know anyone that moved without having a job lined up unless they were retired. Suzanne wasn’t close to retirement age. Perhaps she worked for one of the farms in some capacity.

A lot of places look great on vacation.
I have moved several times without having a job lined up. Career isn’t as important to me as lifestyle and culture. You can always find a job.

“Everybody loves Suzanne and Barry,” family member wants Chaffee County mother’s safe return
snipped

Everybody loves Suzanne and Barry,” family member wants Chaffee County mother’s safe return
Top Stories
Call 719-312-7530 with information about the disappearance of Suzanne Morphew

by: Lauren Scharf

Posted: May 19, 2020 / 08:54 PM MDT / Updated: May 19, 2020 / 10:18 PM MDT

CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. — It’s been nine days since a mother vanished in Chaffee County.

Suzanne Morphew, 49, was reported missing on Mother’s Day, May 10 after she didn’t return home from a bike ride. A family member told FOX21 News that her bike was recovered on Sunday, although the Chaffee County Sheriff’s office would not confirm this information.

Yes and surly someone would have been able to find a record/announcement/schedule, something, to verify that a training event took place, by now! MOO

I just tweeted to @LaurenSharfTV to ask if LE has confirmed BM's presence in Denver on May 13th. It's driving me freaking nuts because, yes, it should be INCREDIBLY easy to confirm. And I can't for the life of me figure out why they wouldn't give us at least that much info.

But in the end LE doesn't owe us any info...their duty is to Suzanne and Suzanne only if they have no reason to believe there is danger to the public.

Sigh...patience is not a strength of mine.

Gas receipts, food purchased, any parking lot/street cameras shots...hopefully a timeline along the way to the training, during the event and on way home from training. Phone records, pings.

ETA: I’m sure L.E. vetted all of the above.

All just MOO

Last edited:
It's interesting they found her bike, and personal item,but won't say where,and now the house is taped off. BM has lawyered up. I'm starting to wonder if she actually went on a bike ride.
MOO
I have wondered that from Day 1.

I think something happened to her in the house, no matter who was responsible for it.

JMO IMO MOO and every other”O”

The house has been cordoned off for at least a week now and LE is denying searches are proceeding (could be since the day of the disappearance, but was first reported on 5/13). That tells me the sheriff is having trouble getting a search warrant, which likely means he’s not turning up evidence that indicates the house is a crime scene. I’m leaning more toward stranger abduction, but accident or self-harm still seem like strong possibilities. Would love to think she staged her own disappearance, but I kind of doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbieJ