Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who has mountain biked for 25+ years, I figured I’d add some commentary on the brake speculation.

So most likely, if the locked brake thing is true it was structural damage to the rim or fork. Or the bike was being stored with the brakes locked and the person that put her bike out there as a decoy is not a bike rider and didn’t realize to unlock the brake before disgaurding the bike.

Thank you for the excellent post! BBM in red makes perfect sense and goes with my theory that the bike was staged, she never went for that ride.

It's those little details that trip up a perp.

Last edited:
I've figured it out. they did land contract on home/property and are holding mtge for new purchasers. Tax bill goes to new purchasers but
M's still are deeded owners.
Owner financing is often done until new buyers
can qualify for mtge or if longer term so sellers can get income from property.
Ah thank you. So someone has “purchased” it, but it’s seller financed. Sorta risky IMO b/c means the buyers couldn’t qualify for a traditional loan. Anyhoo O/T...:)

The part that gets me is the neighbor saw her riding and when she realized she hadn't come back is when she called LE.
Jumping off your post, not aimed at you.

I believe the source of the neighbor saw Suzanne riding was from the Nancy Grace show. That information was not sourced, i.e., "Sheriff Spezze said ... "

Last night, and many posts later. I think the consensus was to take that statement with a grain of salt, until we get an official confirmation from LE.

• Police investigators were seen searching and carrying out evidence bags from the home of missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew on Tuesday, DailyMail.com can reveal
  • A CSI photographer was also seen at the Salida home, which has been taped off
28619414-8340119-image-a-55_1589980516056.jpg

28619534-8340119-image-m-54_1589980508161.jpg

Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online

I've figured it out. they did land contract on home/property and are holding mtge for new purchasers. Tax bill goes to new purchasers but
M's still are deeded owners.
Owner financing is often done until new buyers
can qualify for mtge or if longer term so sellers can get income from property.
Could this be a financial motive for someone?

Regarding the bike ride, we have no make, no model, no color and no time of the bike ride (that would normally be critical information to release in any missing persons case)from LE.

Ask yourself why would that be?

Bc there was no bike ride imo

Weird....financing for a family member maybe?? The Morphew’s financials are certainly...intriguing. MOO
not necessarily family. this is often done for
a sale when no other qualified buyers come forward to purchase. It opens up the prospect field to others who may not be able to get a
traditional mortgage. Maybe they're self-employed but not for the length of time to have good financials or maybe their credit at this time is not so great. If a property is owned free and clear it makes it so much easier to sell if owner hold the financing. Win-Win.

• Police investigators were seen searching and carrying out evidence bags from the home of missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew on Tuesday, DailyMail.com can reveal

Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online
Interesting. If a random stranger kidnapped her during her bike ride, would they have bags of evidence from the house?

Oh carp!! Daily Mail scooped it!! Here we go ... Neighbor is identified in this article.

Friends said they asked neighbor JR, 70, to check on Suzanne when they couldn’t get hold of her and it was JR who later called the police to report her missing.

JR declined to comment when approached by DailyMail.com.

Summer Stehle, 43, the stepmother of 17-year-old Macy’s best friend, said: ‘The neighbors up there are spread pretty far apart but the only reason they found out [she was missing] is because the girls called the neighbors and said, ''we never heard from Mom – can you go check on her?''

‘Nobody actually saw her on her bicycle, sadly.’

Suzanne’s husband Barry Morphew, 52, has said he was away on a training course for his job as a volunteer firefighter in Denver, Colorado, when she vanished.

28619348-8340119-image-m-56_1589980519662.jpg

Last edited:
Could this be a financial motive for someone?
not likely, IMO. This is common practice in
real estate transfers.
If you put ALL the pieces together there seems to be clues that we know where this is headed
and it ain't pretty.
FBI has had plenty of time to put the digital forensics onto the case and are probably uncovering some mistruths on those.
NG says husband has lawyered up. Not good.

If I still owned every property associated with my name in White Pages I would be rich. White Pages is not up to date or accurate.
I posted that the Indiana address in White Pages was not the same as the address in Heavy.com. It is still a source though and is what got me asking questions about the Indiana property. It is never up to date but I still find it a great source for finding associates and relatives and who lives/lived at properties. My question still stands - are they searching the Indiana property? I am guessing that the Indiana/Colorado connection is why the FBI are involved. MOO.

I know it’s the Daily Mail but OMG!! This changes so much for my personal theory. Or rather confirms. Wow!! And uh oh!! MOO JMO

The 52-year-old is currently staying at a property close to the marital home and has been joined by friends who have flown in from his native Indiana.

A woman at the house on Monday declined to give her name but said she and her husband had come to support Morphew and look for Suzanne.

Morphew was pictured leaving the property along with Davis shortly before the CSI investigators arrived to search his home on Tuesday.

The search comes just two days after police divers drafted in from neighboring Pueblo County were seen scouring a reservoir less than a mile from Suzanne's property.

The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Department had been looking for Suzanne in two-mile ‘targeted blocks’ on either side of her home but did not conduct a search on Monday.

Oh carp!! Daily Mail scooped it!! Here we go ... Neighbor is identified in this article.

Friends said they asked neighbor JR, 70, to check on Suzanne when they couldn’t get hold of her and it was Ritter who later called the police to report her missing.

JR declined to comment when approached by DailyMail.com.

Summer Stehle, 43, the stepmother of 17-year-old Macy’s best friend, said: ‘The neighbors up there are spread pretty far apart but the only

reason they found out [she was missing] is because the girls called the neighbors and said, ''we never heard from Mom – can you go check on her?''

‘Nobody actually saw her on her bicycle, sadly.’

Suzanne’s husband Barry Morphew, 52, has said he was away on a training course for his job as a volunteer firefighter in Denver, Colorado, when she vanished.

28619348-8340119-image-m-56_1589980519662.jpg

Nobody actually saw her on her bicycle, sadly.’

THIS!

Morphew’s colleagues from the Maysville Fire Station have also been attempting to help with the search, although one told DailyMail.com they have been warned off by police.

Tim Nelson, 33, said: ‘The Sheriff’s office, they told us none of the fire guys are allowed up there.

‘They can’t keep us out of the forest so that’s what some of the others have done – they set up their own little search party.’

Nelson added: ‘It’s a bad deal you know. They aren’t telling us anything. We got excluded from everything.

‘George [Davis] put together a search team of friends – I was going to go but pretty much all our fire guys are on it so I decided to step away just in case we get something [a fire].

‘Barry was very understanding from what I got from George. I know he’s not allowed to go home. He’s at a neighbor’s. I guess they got him there until he’s cleared or…’

Other friends spoke of the family in glowing terms, noting that Suzanne had been happy living in Colorado since moving to the state from Alexandria, Indiana, in July 2018.

Fire Chief Robert Bertram, 40, said he and his colleagues are still hoping she will be found alive and added that he doesn’t believe she would have left by herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbieJ