Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish that we had some recent pictures of Suzanne. I keep thinking about how the pictures they're showing are older. Something about that strikes me wrong. I wonder if anything in her appearance had changed, and if so, what was the cause? There may have been issues in her life (health, marriage, location) that affected this. Just speculation on my part.
I’d think (hope?) if her appearance had changed drastically they would have pointed it out in the posters. Her most recent pic is from oct, id say I look about the same as I did a few months ago. But yes it is possible something could have happened to change her appearance

Is it a fact that Suzanne did not take her cellphone with her as I am reading upthread?

I'm trying to trace where that information came from (it's discussed on the first thread in this forum). It looks to me like it came from the Find Suzanne Morphew FB and I'm not sure if we're able to use that. I have mentioned it, following others, but cannot find it on the media thread right now.

So, I think for now, we can say we don't know where her phone was - <modsnip: Please do not post/discuss rumors>
I'll edit my post if I can.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they know something very specific for them to rule out animal attack with so much certainty. She could have parked her bike herself and gone for a walk/hike somewhere in an area that is not accessible with the bike where an animal attack could have happened. They don't believe this is the case which tells me they have found something very specific either about the condition the bike or some other evidence that leads them to believe otherwise. i think they have a good idea of what happend and they are just building their case.

As cleared up by a mod and others last night - LE has NOT said if a bike was found. Only a nephew has stated, via local media, that a bike was found. And the nephew has not stated via MSM anything about location or condition or where he got his information in the first place since it’s my understanding he doesn’t live in the area and was not a part of any searches.

Suzanne’s nephew, Trevor Noel, is helping in the search both online and on foot in Colorado. He spoke to Dateline on the family’s behalf.

Family pleads for safe return of missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew who disappeared after Mother’s Day bike ride

RSBM
I was rereading a Gannon article this morning. The article was dated Feb 15th and it made reference to him being missing 19 days now. The significance was that was that was the day they were searching Douglas County and found the board. And it was her vehicle GPS that led them there. LE impounded her vehicle Wed 1/29/2020.

When you posted that extensive list earlier this morning of "what sort of evidence was being collected early on" you listed "Information from any apps on phones or other devices, including smart watches
Text messages from any source etc. Based on the device/GPS used in Gannon's search it must take around 15 days for(most?)of the data to come back around. So we have a bit of a wait yet...

Thank you for this. That's really good sleuthing/analysis. I am guessing that if the family shared a cell phone plan, the text message numbers (at a minimum) are already known, along with the frequently called numbers and how long conversations lasted, whether she had called her husband, whether he had called her, how often she spoke on the phone to her daughters, etc.

By end of week, I think they'll have much more (and the above information may be the reason for the request for video from anyone within the reverse 911 area).

Long-time 'guest lurker' and I've had a membership for a while but never actually posted. But I'm going to jump in here. And forgive me if I say something that's already been said or I'm way off base. I tend to have an overactive imagination, plus I'm in NJ, so I've been in COVID lockdown for 2-months and counting, gives me lots of time to think.

That said...I hope Suzanne is found alive and well. But the one thing that stands out to me about this case, is the lack of information that is being put out. And yes, I know LE does that from time to time for specific reasons, but everything is so vague. And though I may not have read every single detail or been to the FB pages to see what is being posted there, the fact the timeline on when she was actually last seen, is changing, that just makes this more confusing.

I was starting to wonder if she didn't leave on her own accord. I know suicide/self-harm has been discussed and pretty much debunked but there have been cases where people do just leave. Not speculating on her motives for doing so, but if her husband and daughters were all away that weekend would have been the perfect opportunity to just take-off. And finding the bike could just be a red herring. Someone could have picked her up. Maybe that's why too LE wants the video footage from the area.

Of course, that could just be wishful thinking of having her alive and choosing to walk away, and me grasping for a somewhat happy outcome.

welcome Zengirl1215.....I’m in the same state with lots of time to sleuth.

LE's wording is specific that the 'investigation revealed'...that SM went for a bike ride 'in that area and had not returned home'. Presumably, therefore, the bike ride is fact

With Gannon's case fresh in my mind - I cannot help thinking that the initial report was that GS was last seen going to a friends house that afternoon. We all know who said that & how that ended :(

LE's wording seems exact IMO - however, they did NOT say which day she went for that ride, only reported missing Sunday......by a neighbor (which I find very odd JMO, though a family member who was out of town may have asked them to check on her & then call 911)

The wording of LE's statement suggests that it was only AFTER she was reported missing that LE's investigation then revealed the bike ride - ie, that the neighbor only reported her missing, not necessarily speculation on the why/when/how of the fact she was missing- LE discovered that in the course of the investigation

JMO :)
This is just two counties over from El Paso County Gannon's home county. I never saw a community search for her. They might not do that anymore.

Watching and just lurking. Very interested in Suzanne's case and her well-being, but I don't have much to add yet. There is so little concrete evidence to go on that I don't want to start going down a path. As others have said, the LE silence suggests that there is evidence going in one direction, and they don't need the public's help. So I wait...

I know we all have loads of questions. Some I'd be asking if I were in charge of this investigation:

1. How long had SM been alone at home?
2. When were the kids last home?
3. What day did hubby leave for Denver, and when was he expected home?
4. Was there working home surveillance?
5. When was the last digital activity, i.e., text, social media, youtube, email, etc. Anything out of the ordinary?
6. Last bank activity? Any unusual transactions?
7. Had she mentioned to the girls, hubby or anyone else what her plans were for the weekend?
8. How did the house look? Dirty dishes? Tidy? Anything out of the ordinary there? Anything missing?

I could list many more, but this is where my armchair detective investigation would have started.
jmo

Wouldn't you think they would ask them to review their footage, and ask them to notify LE if anything appears out of sorts? Maybe I'm overthinking it or taking LE's words too literally.
The images LE might be looking for aren't necessarily something that looks out of sorts. For example, they might want to see if the perp's car was driving down Main Street at 3pm on a certain date - they can then ask for people on Main Street for their videos so LE can look for that specific car.

That's one reason I'm thinking LE isn't asking people to actually view their video but simply preserve them in case they are asked for them.

jmo

Interesting idea. Perhaps the bike was in a very odd place.
This was my theory for awhile too, but moved it down the list as I think the bike was meant to be found, and leaving it by chance for the neighbor to find it doesn't seem like a tight plan. And I do think the discovery of the bike was planned.

At least that's what I think now. I've been on the fence, and both sides of the fence...I could change my mind again, if we ever get more info.

jmo

The images LE might be looking for aren't necessarily something that looks out of sorts. For example, they might want to see if the perp's car was driving down Main Street at 3pm on a certain date - they can then ask for people on Main Street for their videos so LE can look for that specific car.

That's one reason I'm thinking LE isn't asking people to actually view their video but simply preserve them in case they are asked for them.

jmo

I’m wondering if they are working on confirming or disproving alibis?

cameras have a funny way of catching people in lies in regards to a timeline

This article is from May 15th, but it seems to answer many of the questions that continue to pop up here. moo

Search teams find items belonging to missing Chaffee County woman; U.S. 50 closed through Monarch Pass Friday - KRDO

The initial search area was around the junction of U.S. 50 and County Road 225 and Highway 50, west of Maysville, after investigators said they found several personal items of Morphew's Thursday that led to expanding the search area Friday.

Her husband is cooperating in the investigation. We're assuming she's still alive and we're not ruling anything out."

Authorities said Morphew is an avid biker who rode often.

Spezze said he appreciates the many offers he has received for volunteer help, but that for this case he prefers to rely on experienced, trained personnel.

Excerpts from the article on Suzanne Morphew - BBM

I just saw my post got deleted for rumor. Is the found bike thing a rumor? I'm a teensy confused!!!!!

@sillybilly addressed the rumors about the bike, here CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #3

Websleuths is fact based. Rumors are not allowed.

To clarify information about Suzanne's bike ...

It is in MSM that the nephew claims Suzanne's bike was found. The Sheriff's office has not confirmed either way but it can be discussed because the nephew's claim is sourced in MSM.

There is no MSM source to substantiate that her bike was found leaning against a tree OR that it was found with the brakes locked up.

Posts stating it was leaning against a tree and/or with brakes locked up are considered rumor and have been removed.

ETA: added info about brakes locked up being rumor

I am playing catch up, as usual, and missed many posts while speed reading.

I am in no way pointing fingers at BM...I am just confused on his statement. The entire thing was weird to me.

-This isn't the movies....He cannot promise "no questions asked"....and if this was a kidnapping....they would know that questions would be asked. Afterall, a crime was committed.

-Who is he talking to in the video? It seems to be at SM...but why would she have access to anything showing his video - unless she left on her own.
...but if that is the case, why would a reward for someone be needed since no reward was offered to witnesses (like you would for a lost pet).
-He then switches to talking to someone else, like a possible kidnapper.

I am really really confused on this. Everything he said did not seem planned/scripted. Maybe he was flying by the seat of his pants which caused rambling and the confusion........ ‍♀️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay