Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What Does LE Know?

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Imo some here are underestimating abilities and actions of LE re this case. Although LE may be keeping more-then-usual info close to the vest, imo there are likely sound reasons for their "holdbacks," e.g. to prevent a random person from repeating accurate case info as part of a false confession.
LE is NOT obligated to publicly release every detail of their investigation down to the molecular level to satisfy sleuthers' curiousity (even tho we might want them to). FCOLoud, since day one of 911-call, mulitple local, county, & state LE, FBI and other related agencies have been involved. LE has more info than what is being publicly released.

This is not o_Oo_O Barney Fife stumbling around Mayberry on his own.o_Oo_O jmo ymmv

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the fox news link with Nancy Grace.

It seems Nancy only made this statement re. "2000 feet" on the fox news channel because it's not reported on Crimeonline or her podcast. I'm using discretion here knowing that no other MSM is reporting this.

MOO
It’s possible that Nancy might have been going off of the distance from SM’s home to the Co Rd 225 and u.s. 50 intersection. It’s almost exactly that distance as the crow flies.

I think it’s possible she took some liberties in her assertion

Last edited:
Thanks for the fox news link with Nancy Grace.

It seems Nancy only made this statement re. "2000 feet" on the fox news channel because it's not reported on Crimeonline or her podcast. I'm using discretion here knowing that no other MSM is reporting this.

MOO

I have a hunch she's using her usual thinly veiled kinda/sorta way of repeating social media rumors.

<modsnip: NG is an approved source at WS>

jmo

WS is acting up and not allowing me to quote, but regarding which hand Suzanne wore her wedding ring: some phone’s selfie mode automatically flips the image. I just tested it with my Samsung. It appears I’m wearing my wedding ring on my right hand when in fact it’s on my left.
I think most cell phones do that. My Iphone does, too. JMO

I don’t understand why the official Find SM Facebook page isn’t reposting the press releases from the Sheriff. You’d think that if the Sheriff wanted people to preserve video evidence, the people running the official FB page would too. Unless this really is some ransom situation, which I highly doubt.
I just said to my husband last night that I have concerns that the official Find SM Facebook page isn’t reposting the press releases from the Sheriff.

As someone else pointed out (BBM):

If anything happened to her near Fooses Lake during daytime on Mother's Day, wouldn't there likely be other people around fishing, etc.?

Thanks but that wasn't the question I asked. I appreciate everybody's effort though.

Yeah, probably were people around most of the day. But maybe not the days before, or late/early in the day. I dunno. Mostly trying to get a better picture of the environment. The information about places being packed with out of state plates kind of threw me for a loop. So to speak.

From the Sheriff's Office first FB post, dated May 11 2020, 8:15 pm:

Members of the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office responded to the area and contacted the reporting party. They advised that their neighbor, Suzanne Morphew, age 49, from the Maysville area had reportedly gone for a bike ride in the area and failed to return home.

Yep, reportedly. Meaning, according to what someone has been told (or as the official definition says, "according to what some say").
Although it basically means the same thing, someone reported this to the neighbor and the neighbor reported it to 911 dispatch.

But, unless we hear from the neighbor, or the Sheriff's office discloses it, I have a feeling we're not going to find out just yet, if that's actually the case.
It might not even matter, in the end.
I'm just super picky about the way things are worded. :cool:

jmo

To me South Arkansas River looks more like a creek. The pics I saw in the news looked like a pond or a small lake.

I thought the pics I was seeing were of Fooses Lake/Dam, which is just along the access road that their driveway exits into. It would be one of the first places I’d be sending the dive squad for a look.

ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

Please stop discussing "staging". It is not sourced in MSM and is strictly a member's speculation that is not based on any known fact and is being discussed at times as if it were true.

Yep, reportedly. Meaning, according to what someone has been told (or as the official definition says, "according to what some say").
Although it basically means the same thing, someone reported this to the neighbor and the neighbor reported it to 911 dispatch.

But, unless we hear from the neighbor, or the Sheriff's office discloses it, I have a feeling we're not going to find out just yet, if that's actually the case.
It might not even matter, in the end.
I'm just super picky about the way things are worded. :cool:

jmo
Then I'm way off base. Because I took the release differently.

The dictionary says: "re·port·ed·ly
/rəˈpôrdədlē/
adverb
  1. according to what some say (used to express the speaker's belief that the information given is not necessarily true).
So when I read the Sheriff's Office release, I took it as-- the Office may or may not believe she went on a bike ride.

I think it was closer to their home bc he said “just” west of the intersection. I think they had to close the highway all the way across Monarch Pass in order to properly reroute traffic.

I'll join your minority. We live in town, but in a very quiet neighborhood. We have a lot of windows, a semi-open floor plan and bright lights at night. We rarely close the blinds. I suppose that's risky, but we've been here for fifty years without incident, so far.
However, this may be a picky point, but they don't reroute folks when they close Monarch Pass. If you had to turn around near County Road 225, and reroute to get to a point on the other side of the pass, it would take a day or more of driving over other passes. Better to sit and wait. Although it is a major highway, Monarch closes quite often. Most high mountain passes are subject to closure at any time, and Monarch is definitely one of the highest. JMO

We live on 5 acres in a house that’s primarily windows. There’s even a big window above our bathroom sinks. It definitely took some getting used to when we moved in 12 years ago but given the statistical improbability of criminal activity in our neighborhood, it’s totally worth it to us because of the views and the wildlife. I understand we might be in the minority here.

I remember the Joe Keller case, also in Colorado, from a few years ago. Fit guy went for a jog in rural, national park-ish wild area and disappears. Couple years later they find his remains out there. Turns out he wandered off his jogging path to check something out and fell.

Or the case of Amy Ahonen, also in Colorado, who's car was found on the side of the road. Nobody believed that she would have gone into the river (that was raging at the time) but her bones were discovered in separate places down stream in the past few years.

For me, the most likely situation is that SM was somehow drawn off the road/trail and somehow succumbed to the harsh wilderness. I'm not suspecting foul play yet. I'm sortof in the same spot with Barbara Thomas who is lost in the Mojave.

I just finished watching a YouTube video Mountain Biking Fooses Creek. Not gonna lie, it made me nervous. I was thinking the trail might be wide but nope and those guys seemed to be traveling at a high speed. Very rocky too. One of them crashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member