Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jmo but
I have a feeling we are going to learn that nobody had actually seen SM since days before she was reported missing.

there never even was a bike ride IMO

Last edited:
IMO...kidnapping and holding people for ransom in the United States just doesn't happen anymore or so rarely that it's the last thing I would expect unless the family were multi millionaire/billionaires. The technology is far too advanced these days for anyone to reasonably succeed in a ransom request that releases the individual back to their loved ones....

If we disregard a money motive (of which a ransom demand is admittedly just one strand of many), that would leave sex or revenge as the primary motive for a kidnapping, based on the law of averages. It’s usually one of these three. And a lot of it turns on whether the perpetrator is an insider or an outsider.

Also I wouldn’t be surprised if we get some new information via msm in the next few days even if there isn’t an arrest.

We are getting to that point in an investigation where it gets really hard to keep everything under wraps and things start leaking out.

If we disregard a money motive (of which a ransom demand is admittedly just one strand of many), that would leave sex or revenge as the primary motive for a kidnapping, based on the law of averages. It’s usually one of these three. And a lot of it turns on whether the perpetrator is an insider or an outsider.
I’ll be absolutely shocked if she was kidnapped. Isn’t it extremely rare for an adult to be kidnapped? Harmed by a stranger in the woods, perhaps, but taken away somewhere? I just don’t think so. And definitely not for ransom. I don’t think that’s happened since the movies in the 1980’s. JMO.

It’s also odd to me that there would be fire fighter training on a Sunday on Mother’s Day that would go past say 4pm.

And even if there was that type of training, wouldn’t the neighbor have called the husband first before calling the police? It would be interesting to know if that call occurred.

Also, if this training did occur; there would be a documented record of everyone that attended. Most likely a sign in sheet and a sign out/completion on it. This would either be paper based or electronic. It would be interesting to see if this exists and if BM is signed in and signed completed.

Since you unraveled the info on the lot sale,
can you explain why a 'land contract' was placed
on the IN home property on 5/3/19?
I would surmise the home/property was under
contract to sell and the Morphews held the
mortgage. Ownership would still be in Morphew's name until some point in future.
What's your take on this?

I take the no fingerprints thing with a grain of salt. That’s not something LE would not release so early. I also think this is a typical misnomer with other cases where statements like these are made, as in incomplete prints found turns into “no prints” and the media runs with “wiped down”.
So far I haven't seen a MSM link regarding either "fingerprints" or "wiped down". Does anyone have a link?

I did a rewind of the Chaffee County Sheriff scanner on 5/10 at 5:46 p.m. I didn't hear anything about a missing person. In fact, I didn't hear one single transmission. I was hoping, but no luck there.
Thank you @Tippy Lynn - the 911 call needs to be released IMO. I would like to know what was said - and not NG's speculation of what was said by the caller.
JMO

I propose the following scenario.
  • Husband is out of town.
  • Daughters are also out of town.
  • Suzanne is home alone for the weekend.
  • Daughters call to wish Mom a Happy Mother's Day.
  • Suzanne is not answering her phone.
  • Concerned daughters confer with each other, possibly Dad too.
  • Daughter calls the neighbor, asks them to go check on Suzanne.
  • Neighbor comes over, finds something which is concerning (whatever that may be).
  • Neighbor reports back to family and is asked to call 911.
  • Family is out of town 911 on their own cell phones does not ring local.
I'll bet lunch this is going to be what happened when we learn all the facts. The neighbor did not see Suzanne leave.
DBM

Also, if this training did occur; there would be a documented record of everyone that attended. Most likely a sign in sheet and a sign out/completion on it. This would either be paper based or electronic. It would be interesting to see if this exists and if BM is signed in and signed completed.

Yes.
His timeline given ...and his timeline confirmed will be paramount
in the investigation IMO.

I'm confused. I've clicked all the tabs, and the Morphews are the only names listed associated with this property as current owners.
What am I missing?
agree, I found nothing also, except....they recorded a 'land contract' on this property on 5/3/19. This tells me they sold/contracted home and property to someone else but held the
mortgage, owner financing. Usually in the agreement w/ purchaser they have a clause that new buyer is responsible for paying taxes.
But I didn't see that tax bill was sent to another
person, in fact Morphews' Co. address is listed
on tax bill.

Thank you @Tippy Lynn - the 911 call needs to be released IMO. I would like to know what was said - and not NG's speculation of what was said by the caller.
JMO

You're welcome and I agree. The neighbor calling because she didn't see SM come home and it was getting dark doesn't add up. There has to be more to it.
jmo

I'm confused. I've clicked all the tabs, and the Morphews are the only names listed associated with this property as current owners.
What am I missing?

Click on Statements. I don’t want to post the current owners’ names here.
In my experience this happens a lot right after properties are sold. Some records get updated, some don’t. But taxing authorities are pretty good at getting the bill to the right entity. As long as everything has been recorded, anyway.

I know of people that moved to Denver/Colorado Springs because of jobs but left after two years because they didn’t have a clue about the winters there. I don’t know anyone that moved without having a job lined up unless they were retired. Suzanne wasn’t close to retirement age. Perhaps she worked for one of the farms in some capacity.

A lot of places look great on vacation.
Well Indiana winters can be pretty brutal.... without the beautiful mountains, scenic setting, and active outdoorsy lifestyle. I feel like Colorado is one of those bucket lists/dream places to settle for many people. I moved to the beach equivalent of that six years ago without a job or any plan and never looked back. I know a lot of people from Indiana who moved to my area, mostly in search of better weather, but also a more relaxed lifestyle. And I know several people who moved to Colorado for no other reason than it seemed like a cool place to settle. It was a deliberate lifestyle choice rather than their jobs or family in the area bringing them there. I also have several friends who came to my area for jobs which then prompted their parents to eventually relocate/semi-retire here. It's a vacation spot. Maybe a generalization, but in my experiences after relocating, I think lifestyle-y kind of places attracts a lot of midwest transplants just looking for quality of life aspects.

Her and her guests last evening just did what a lot of people are doing: brought up the rumors, discussed them & made a clear point to indicate they are in fact rumors and not confirmed by LE.
I agree. The only part that I wish they would have clarified was if the reporter had actually spoken to the neighbor. Nicole presented the information as if she had, by telling Nancy and us what the neighbor had told authorities, but I wish Nicole would have stated if she had personally talked to the neighbor herself. I thought the rest of the podcast was done very well, they seemed well versed in the nuances of the case and details and rumors and were fleshing it out as we do here.

I’m not sure why NG and Ashley are sooo curious as to why they moved to Colorado? I realize any and all background information is needed during a case, but just not sure why they’re so curious about it. Nancy says, “Why move if you’re happy and doing well where you are?” People move here all the time because it’s beautiful and ideal for active lifestyles.
Also, they moved two years ago, right? Not like they just moved last week or last month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one that lived it