Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m over the elk. I think Andy may have added a supposition or two about the attached flesh. I trust his memory about the cat in the area, but I am unsure about the rest of the story. We have seen the rack outside the house. Bottom line is a cat of any sort did not grab Suzanne.

Agreed! BM created this ridiculous story about a mountain lion as a diversionary tactic and IT'S WORKING! So many are focused on it now.

During PE session at about 1:00:06 mark, AM confirms he arrived Salida on May 11, and responded to host Robin Parks that BM picked up roadkill and had the antlers resting against the house. AM confirms the date the cougar was seen was May 13.

(I'm assuming this is not the date BM picked up the roadkill because the house was being guarded by LE on May 13).

I'm baffled why BM left these bloody antlers against his home and not against some distant tree on his 12+ acres far from the residence. :eek:

He’d have a handy excuse if cadaver dogs hit on anything related to the house.

good to know about this Judge - wish we could see the petition for guardianship and the inventory and what he claimed about not being able to locate her.
jMO

Just from what we know, his efforts appear exhaustive.

26 second video appeal posted to an international platform

The 200-mile radius search

The huge no questions asked reward

The baby blue bike helmet, biking clothes memorandum

<modsnip>

A faceless, voiceless interview on the area news

That's NEARLY a statement a month.

If his wife can't recapacitate herself after all THAT, what's a guy to do?

Today feels like a really sad day.

Erasure.

:(

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Just from what we know, his efforts appear exhaustive.

26 second video appeal posted to an international platform

The 200-mile radius search

The huge no questions asked reward

The baby blue bike helmet, biking clothes memorandum

<modsnip>

A faceless, voiceless interview on the area news

That's NEARLY a statement a month.

If his wife can't recapacitate herself after all THAT, what's a guy to do?

Today feels like a really sad day.

Erasure.

:(

JMO
I mean to be fair filing a motion for guardianship requires ALOT of paperwork... so im sure that took a solid chunk of time

I feel like one of the MSM articles early mentioned that LE had used "two kinds of dogs" to search the area in the weeks following Suzanne's disappearance. What kinds of dogs exist for searches apart from:

1. Arson dogs
2. Cadaver dogs
3. Drug dogs

And how do they overlap (if at all?)
IIRC, the two types of dogs CCSO mentioned in their press releases as being involved in the search for SM were tracking dogs from the Dept of Corrections and rescue dogs from an unnamed rescue organization.

I looked at the drone footage of their house. Look at about 3:01, closer to the top of the picture. Might that be the elk rack?

Good eye! Looks like.

On another note, beautiful area to live in. And the landscaping around the house is incredible. But man that house is huge. Almost looks like a hotel in places. I wouldn’t like that.

Lots of police tape around. Like cordoning off the foot bridge leading from the backyard?

Interesting. I wonder what they found.

Nope not BM.... Sheriff Spezze around the 5:05 mark - appreciates volunteers but is only using trained personnel

WATCH: Chaffee County Sheriff gives update about missing woman | FOX21 News Colorado
That was May 15, during the time period they found the "personal item", the search was still hot, and referred to no need for volunteers, understandable given that they had just found evidence. Has there been any more recent statements discouraging private searches? It seemed as though someone was saying that Barry hadn't been searching because he was instructed not to.

I feel like one of the MSM articles early mentioned that LE had used "two kinds of dogs" to search the area in the weeks following Suzanne's disappearance. What kinds of dogs exist for searches apart from:

1. Arson dogs
2. Cadaver dogs
3. Drug dogs

And how do they overlap (if at all?)
there's also 'Live Person' dogs that track from
missing person's clothing.
Also bomb sniffers
Chemical or bacteria or mold sniffers
more info on these dogs-
Tracking (dog) - Wikipedia

Last edited:
The court accepted his Oath of Guardianship and issued permanent Letters of Guardianship to him - he now has the power to "be" her - sign deeds, empty bank accounts, etc. unless the Letters contained specific powers. Which we won't know. They may even be accepted in CO so he can mortgage or sell the marital home depending on what he asked for in the petition for guardianship. Maybe @leighEg can get a copy from the court?
JMO

I can only hope that the letters are limited to specific transactions only. Or specific duties.

Ugh.

What I just can't figure out is WHY someone would bring a dead animal HOME? I can't even under the craziest of circumstances see any reason to do such a thing? It would NEVER ever cross my mind!
Mount those antlers on his wall for the bragging rights?
Big game hunter from the flatlands bags an elk in the hills, even if a truck knocked it down for him first, lol
I imagine half of Salida has the guffaws today

It's going to be interesting to see what he does during those search days. Every media outlet will be looking for him, watching him, reporting on him, looking for scoops.
if by interesting you mean another pathetic example of how BM is to busy living life to take an active role in his wifes recovery efforts

I know less than nothing about elk, antlers and whatnot, since I do all my hunting at the grocery store's meat dept.

But even I know, you don't leave a dead whatever, with bits of flesh still on it, leaning up against your house. Especially if you live in the middle of the woods, where known predators would be drawn to the dead thing... and you have a wife and daughters living there. At best it's reckless and at worst it's just creepy.

I haven't watched PE's Choir Practice from last night but I am a little confused on the timeline. Does AM say when BM told him he came upon this dead thing? As in, what day, and was that the same day he leaned the thing up against the house?
Seems to me the date of the cougar sighting across the road from the residence on May 13/14 by LE guarding the residence has been conflated with the date roadkill landed on the property. Mike King does a good job clearing this up near the end of Choir Practice. He seemed to think the antlers were there since late winter, and as a hunter, not so odd the rack was outside around the yard. MOO

ETA: See the 9 news helicopter view of property -- antlers in the yard, not leaning against the residence.

Last edited:
What does this mean? What is an “oath of permanent guardian” - is it just some kind of formality where BM gives some oath and it is then granted?? Could an attorney please explain this outcome? It doesn’t sound like any objections were raised. :(

The oath is a signed form (at least in CA), that a guardian has to sign agreeing to certain duties and responsibilities. Seems similar in IN. Here they get a booklet of responsibilities and duties.

Fillable Online Oath And Acceptance of Guardianship - Madison County Indiana Fax Email Print - PDFfiller

It's quite possible that his preoccupation began the day that she found out her cancer had returned. Perhaps she could sense that he was not as disappointed and alarmed as she was. Perhaps his mind was elsewhere, making plans. Moo
We're thinking alike here as I believe if a trial ever happens, we're going to see numerous examples of how he premeditated this crime.
Right now we don't know much but I bet this has been contemplated for a while.
Maybe even Suzanne herself will speak to us from her grave. Look how often we've seen that in family murders. " If anything ever happens to me, look at ..........".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia