Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Suzanne was planning to provide for her daughters. He may have thought that he needed the money more. His needs, his wants. He may talk a good talk, promise that he is concerned about the daughters,
but at the end of the day, it's BM that matters to BM. Moo
Maybe now he will be able to contribute to the upcoming search, or use some of the reward money towards it. I'm sure his friend who donated half wouldn't mind.

I give naturally shed antlers to my dogs to chew on. IMO, I don't think the antlers are out of place at the Morphew home.

How is it that shed antlers still have, as AM stated, skull/flesh on them? Those weren't shed, they were taken off the skull of "roadkill."

Not a good idea to put decaying elk flesh right up next to one's house - anywhere, but especially in cougar territory. The desired effect was achieved, though. A cougar was lured to the house.

One of the more bizarre attempts to support an alibi that I've seen.

Again, I"ll say: why did BM not focus right away on tracking that cougar? Surely there are hunters in the area with sniffer dogs. Why did LE not do the same? Apparently, they saw it (although it's unclear exactly how AM knows that - as the two cars are said to be "police" and he talked to CBI).

He’d have a handy excuse if cadaver dogs hit on anything related to the house.

I agree. Although we keep hearing that cadaver dogs only go for human cadaverine, a jury might not follow all of that (and I'm not sure I do, either).

Something caused BM to collect antlers off of roadkill (NOT shed antlers, IMO), and to put them and a bit of the bloody skull near the house.

Where is the rest of this elk, I wonder?

Yep he did it and it’s all his now to do with as he pleases...now the only wish I have re this shady maneuver is that karma is still a big ole B#%*! and she will come for him in due time...this is just one more thing that will convict him in the end. JMOO & hope

Something similar worked in the case of Debbie Hawk. No body case. Dude got convicted despite having somewhat of an alibi and no physical evidence tying him to the murder. Financial motive was a big part of that conviction.

I agree. Although we keep hearing that cadaver dogs only go for human cadaverine, a jury might not follow all of that (and I'm not sure I do, either).

Something caused BM to collect antlers off of roadkill (NOT shed antlers, IMO), and to put them and a bit of the bloody skull near the house.

Sounds like he used a hatchet or an axe to take the antlers off the body of the elk, no matter how it was actually killed.

it would be good research to see if an arrested person may continue to serve as a guardian of a ward....the family would also be able to petition to revoke the Letters and appoint a new guardian by arguing the current guardian is jailed. But Fotis was able to post bond .... so there is always that.
IMO
Yup, innocent until proven guilty. Kind of like one Idaho nurse that didn't lose her license until months after she was sentenced.

How is it that shed antlers still have, as AM stated, skull/flesh on them? Those weren't shed, they were taken off the skull of "roadkill."

Not a good idea to put decaying elk flesh right up next to one's house - anywhere, but especially in cougar territory. The desired effect was achieved, though. A cougar was lured to the house.

Again, I"ll say: why did BM not focus right away on tracking that cougar? Surely there are hunters in the area with sniffer dogs. Why did LE not do the same? Apparently, they saw it (although it's unclear exactly how AM knows that - as the two cars are said to be "police" and he talked to CBI).
I thought LE did look for evidence of a mountain lion attack early on and ruled it out. Maybe not entirely but they did say it was unlikely. Imo

I didn't say it was a wise choice but that I just don't think it's out of place at that home. This rack, as described, was also not naturally shed. I'm just not on board (yet) with it being a tactic to lure a cougar for a murder plot -although I did speculate in the last thread that the bad guy might partake in illegal poaching activities and those areas might be a area of interest to search for human remains. IMO

Good eye! Looks like.

On another note, beautiful area to live in. And the landscaping around the house is incredible. But man that house is huge. Almost looks like a hotel in places. I wouldn’t like that.

Lots of police tape around. Like cordoning off the foot bridge leading from the backyard?

Interesting. I wonder what they found.
I felt the same way - almost "too" big? but really perfect to isolate someone - IMO

The gaurdianship seems so calculated. I gave BM a big pass on the one to sell the IN home, since it was apparently in the works before Suzanne was disappeared. Still kind of sketchy, but that's only my opinion. This one, it just feels so off, and so calculated and scheming.

I was really hopeful that he'd be locked up by now. I'm afraid that when he gets arrested, this could turn into a whole other thing, untangling it.

I don't even know what to think about the elk antlers, it just seems too random to be random.

Ole Barry seems to be a busy guy, overall.

All MOO.

If any LE officers actually saw a cougar around the time of SM going missing, then I agree that the use of mountain lion tracking dogs would have been a good way to find the dens and make sure a cougar was not responsible.

LE downplayed a cougar attack very quickly in a statement the sheriff made. IMO, they had to have a good reason they downplayed the possibility.

I suspect it was "other evidence" they began to uncover that drove them away from a cougar attack and even from a bicycle ride in the first place.

"Other Evidence" LE may have uncovered is probably why we did not hear much more from LE after those initial days. I feel they are sitting on that evidence and accumulating more as we speak.
JMO

All of this COULD become evidence if this matter ever gets to trial. It’s happened in many other cases. So, do not despair, websleuthers intent on justice. The guardianship could end up being a perp’s downfall.

This would be wonderful!!!

ETA: It's never too early to start a Holiday Wish List! This is the start of mine.

JMVHO.

Last edited:

Maybe it was used for vittles when the clan came to town, you know, to help find SM.
I apologize if this is off-color or 'too soon'.
IMO

JMO
I hope the extended family is aware of what has been happening and I hope they do file a petition to contest it if they were not able to attend the hearing.

Putting myself in their place I would contest it until she is either found or legally declared deceased, which some insurance companies have rules when that time comes.

Similar rules should be applied here because SM does not have a voice and nobody really knows SM's desires regarding shared properties unless there is something in writing from her about things.

A simpler power of attorney or a temporary guardianship can be granted on an individual case need basis for any property selling or transfers.

The permanent guardianship does not seem right to me at this time. Its too soon. At least until official declaration that she is deceased or better yet, found.
All JMO
Hear, hear!

I think your post has been the consensus here since last June when BM made an emergency petition and was granted temporary guardianship. Today's hearing just made it permanent.

What's most unfortunate is that the Indiana statute defines who is entitled to be notified of such action being taken up before the court, and it does not include SM's family members. In this case, only her husband and adult children. (If not for a reporter contacting SM's sibling asking for comment when BM was selling property when SM was missing, I doubt they would have ever known BM petitioned and was granted guardianship of SM).

IIRC, the two types of dogs CCSO mentioned in their press releases as being involved in the search for SM were tracking dogs from the Dept of Corrections and rescue dogs from an unnamed rescue organization.
I'm glad you mentioned tracking dogs because it reminded me of a question I've been meaning to ask the board:
After the scent tracking dogs had been used to try and find SM alive, would the handlers then have given the dogs an item of BM's to see if he walked across private property to where bike was found? TIA.

I didn't say it was a wise choice but that I just don't think it's out of place at that home. This rack, as described, was also not naturally shed. I'm just not on board (yet) with it being a tactic to lure a cougar for a murder plot -although I did speculate in the last thread that the bad guy might partake in illegal poaching activities and those areas might be a area of interest to search for human remains. IMO
BBM
I agree.... I don't think it was a tactic to lure a cougar for a murder plot.

I think the point of AM and PE guys is this: if Suzzane's body was being eaten on by a cougar--why would he it waste its time with a set of antlers with some meat still on it?? Meaning---she wasn't killed by a cougar. She was killed by a human.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia