Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those interested, Profiling Evil now has a link to donate for those who want to contribute funds toward the search.

Profiling Evil

Thank you!! Just donated. I wish we could put WS member on there but couldn’t see how to do that but I hope AM knows we support him. Even though it’s a I trust AM. It has only been open for 6 hours and it’s getting close to $2000 of the $10,000 goal so that’s great. :D I hope it goes way over the top because they might need it.

BBM
I agree.... I don't think it was a tactic to lure a cougar for a murder plot.

I think the point of AM and PE guys is this: if Suzzane's body was being eaten on by a cougar--why would he it waste its time with a set of antlers with some meat still on it?? Meaning---she wasn't killed by a cougar. She was killed by a human.

Any theory, even in the beginning, that involved a wildlife attack as being the cause of her disappearance was always a hard no for me.

RBBM

Here you go . . . chocolate without all of the calories . . .

View attachment 262259

Oh wow how thoughtful of you @crhedBngr and thank you very much! Too late as I already ate about 1/4 container of Sam’s salted chocolate covered caramels this afternoon. And those containers from Sam’s as we know are quite large. But I’ll save these for next time because unfortunately I’m sure there will be more bad days ahead in this case. :(

Any theory, even in the beginning, that involved a wildlife attack as being the cause of her disappearance was always a hard no for me.
Certainly people can be killed and dragged away by cougars, but it's a bloody business and you can just follow the bloody drag marks for less than 100 yards until you find the remains. Cougars aren't subtle. That's why they were ruled out early.

Mike does say that, but it seems to conflict with AM's statement that there was "meat sitting where the skull was."
^^rsbm

I'm not doubting AM statement but I am recognizing that the residence and property were allegedly surrounded or in the custody of LE at the time of this antler sighting near the residence.

I don't believe AM was granted access to the property, and I think if he saw anything, it would have been from a distance.

More importantly, I think AM is relying on the police explanation for the cougar sighting across the road from the Morphew residence at the most inopportune time.

LE clearly did not believe a cat responsible for SM's disappearance, and I think they wanted to quash the cougar report outside the home from growing legs by offering an immediate, reasonable explanation to discount that cats were abundant in Maysville and typically stalked the trails (and neighborhoods).

I think I'm done with the cougar! It's become a red t-shirt for me. o_O

MOO

I didn't say it was a wise choice but that I just don't think it's out of place at that home. This rack, as described, was also not naturally shed. I'm just not on board (yet) with it being a tactic to lure a cougar for a murder plot -although I did speculate in the last thread that the bad guy might partake in illegal poaching activities and those areas might be a area of interest to search for human remains. IMO

Oh I totally don’t think it was part of a murder plot. But it COULD have been, in someone’s mind, a way to try to explain away any cadaver dog or blood evidence. “Oh I just picked up this rack...”

Of course cadaver dogs should know the difference. But someone might not know that.

Did you see the 3 pics with animals having dragged prey, on the PE site last night? I think 2 were cougar, one bear, or vice versa. Anyway, that woman expert explained how cougars do not just lift up prey of 100 lbs or so and carry it off without any sign. They actually go downhill, dragging the prey through their legs, ie dragging with their jaw, but with the body of the prey dragged along the ground between the 4 legs of the predator, ie 2 legs each side. There were obvious undulating drag signs in the photos. And, there was no way, in the opinion of the 2 experts, that a cougar would kill and drag off prey without leaving probably their own hair behind, plus hair and clothes of human prey. And, that a cougar usually pounces from behind to grab the back of the neck and head, virtually guaranteeing lots of blood from violent head wounds. IMO Blood and bits of clothing would be between rocks, under rocks, on branches and stumps, etc, despite the rainfall. IMO no way would any predator we know of, including large grizzly bears, just lift and carry largish prey away. And, the experts said that about 150 yards would be the normal distance they would drag the victim before feeding, assuming cover, etc. They don't just haul off up a mountain as Barry suggested, in fact they seek lower drainage areas to conserve their own physical strength. The experts were interesting, (and I learned some things) but mainly what they said confirmed what we have all been posting from the beginning. No animal dragged her off from where her bike was, or from her house or nearby areas where so many were searching.

Last edited:
All of this COULD become evidence if this matter ever gets to trial. It’s happened in many other cases. So, do not despair, websleuthers intent on justice. The guardianship could end up being a perp’s downfall.

Yes!!! This ^^^^ !!! Even though most of us feel discouraged that justice took a hit today as well as Suzanne being disrespected from beyond the grave - and she doesn’t even have a proper grave - this is not over yet by a long shot!!!

Thank you!! Just donated. I wish we could put WS member on there but couldn’t see how to do that but I hope AM knows we support him. Even though it’s a *** I trust AM. It has only been open for 6 hours and it’s getting close to $2000 of the $10,000 goal so that’s great. :D I hope it goes way over the top because they might need it.
I can't believe GFY gets 15%, that's wack.
I'd rather send my money directly. I'm going to look into that before I contribute to it.

I have to believe the Moormans are being somewhat strategic not objecting to the guardianship. Evidence might have to come to light if they objected, and that might not be prudent when the investigation is still going on.

I’m going to hang on to the glimmer of hope @gitana1 gave us that the guardianship just might be his downfall.

Yes!!! This ^^^^ !!! Even though most of us feel discouraged that justice took a hit today as well as Suzanne being disrespected from beyond the grave - and she doesn’t even have a proper grave - this is not over yet by a long shot!!!
As a believer in Justice and karma I have to believe that no one will be more detrimental to BMs downfall then BM

Thank you!! Just donated. I wish we could put WS member on there but couldn’t see how to do that but I hope AM knows we support him. Even though it’s a *** I trust AM. It has only been open for 6 hours and it’s getting close to $2000 of the $10,000 goal so that’s great. :D I hope it goes way over the top because they might need it.
AM previously mentioned that any funds remaining from fundraising would be given to SM's daughters that have lost their mother.

I can't believe GFY gets 15%, that's wack.
I'd rather send my money directly. I'm going to look into that before I contribute to it.
That other site with 33k donations claims the money is for searching for Suzanne. I thought that was Andy's site at first, since they list all the expenses of searching, including "Compensating family and volunteers for their time spent away from work". I wonder how many ppl think they are donating to Andy's search.

Last edited:
Yep he did it and it’s all his now to do with as he pleases...now the only wish I have re this shady maneuver is that karma is still a big ole B#%*! and she will come for him in due time...this is just one more thing that will convict him in the end. JMOO & hope

BM is doing, all he pleases.
Why the hurry????
You would think, this selling, buying, guardianship could wait.
What next.
BM does not care, how others perceive him.
It's all about his greed, the more money the better.
MOO.

Did you see the 3 pics with animals having dragged prey, on the PE site last night? I think 2 were cougar, one bear, or vice versa. Anyway, that woman expert explained how cougars do not just lift up prey of 100 lbs or so and carry it off without any sign. They actually go downhill, dragging the prey through their legs, ie dragging with their jaw, but with the body of the prey dragged along the ground between the 4 legs of the predator, ie 2 legs each side. There were obvious undulating drag signs in the photos. And, there was no way, in the opinion of the 2 experts, that a cougar would kill and drag off prey without leaving probably their own hair behind, plus hair and clothes of human prey. And, that a cougar usually pounces from behind to grab the back of the neck and head, virtually guaranteeing lots of blood from violent head wounds. IMO Blood and bits of clothing would be between rocks, under rocks, on branches and stumps, etc, despite the rainfall. IMO no way would any predator we know of, including large grizzly bears, just lift and carry largish prey away. And, the experts said that about 150 yards would be the normal distance they would drag the victim before feeding, assuming cover, etc. They don't just haul off up a mountain as Barry suggested, in fact they seek lower drainage areas to save their own physical effort. The experts were interesting, but mainly what they said confirmed what we have all been posting from the beginning. No animal dragged her off from where her bike was, or from her house or nearby areas where so many were searching.

I first read the Chaffee County volunteer firefighter application last May and after reading the physical agility test (PAT) volunteers had to pass, I immediately thought of her husband packing out petite, SM to some untraceable location.

Not once did I think SM was the victim of a wildlife attack. Plausible, yes; probable, no.

MOO

I first read the Chaffee County volunteer firefighter application last May and after reading the physical agility test (PAT) volunteers had to pass, I immediately thought of her husband packing out petite, SM to some untraceable location.

Not once did I think SM was the victim of a wildlife attack. Plausible, yes; probable, no.

MOO
My husband used to pack out 100+ lb deer by making a sling with their feet tied in front of him, and with the rack off to the back as not to catch branches. He walked for miles with those deer, because he himself was an upright animal that didn't have to drag a prey. And because the food preparation/eating site was back at the cabin.

Muscle man Barry could easily have carried her off, with little sign. He could have done that before she was dead, sadly, which would have stymied the dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia