Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO. The room had been reserved and checked-in by BM. If BM invited or asked JP to stay at that room for the "job" the next day, there isn't any reason why the hotel would have done a room/guest changeover, because JP was not a new guest, rather a guest of a guest.

I think it's possible that BM didn't drive to the hotel until after the sudden ending of the text convo SM was having with her friend. We don't know that the landscaping job he told JP about actually even existed. JP states in the DM article he stayed in the hotel for two days, then left.

Regarding BM's alibi. Well, he's had several, so, maybe not so well thought out on his behalf.
the hotel will have his check in time - I'm certain and the camera footage too. So LE will know when he checked in and what he was wearing IMO. I think he could have driven there around after 9pm Saturday - gone back to the work site-ran the heavy equipment and returned to the hotel late late Sat night or early Sun am - then he called the employee for the family emergency - so what was he doing during the day Sunday? employee came Sun evening IIRC. hmmmm
Husband of missing Colorado mom spent the night before her disappearance at cheap Denver hotel | Daily Mail Online
snipped
JP, 49, of Salida, Colorado, said he was ordered to Denver by BM that morning but didn’t see him because he had already left ‘due to a family emergency’.

Speaking in an exclusive interview, JP told DailyMail.com: ‘I got there Sunday night and the room smelled like chlorine real bad

I was thinking about this. Indoor hotel pools and jacuzzis use an inordinate amount of chlorine. My daughter has swum in them and it will reak for a long time afterwards and take many washes of the swimsuit to get the smell out. So in the off chance that the wet towels are from the pool and not from cleaning (of course LE knows if there was anything other than just water on those towels) then it could also show that maybe Barry had company at this hotel and they enjoyed the jacuzzi. I read someone suggesting that the papers were insurance papers for the job they were planning to do so it will be interesting to see if RTD truly expected him to be working a job there or not. Very damning if not. MOO
Agreed. I think he had company at the hotel. JMO

Chris is tweeting

https://twitter.com/187cjm/status/1301180948902535179?s=21

To be clear from the family the timeline is Saturday 05/09/20 around 2:30 PM approx all communication with Suzanne stopped. BM said Sunday 05/10/20 at 0500 he last saw her in bed when he left. #suzannemorphew #helpfindsuzannemoorman
#SuzanneMorphew #bringsuzannehome

Maybe the pool was open since I think the restrictions were lifted on May 8th, if I'm remembering correctly. Going for a swim would be a good way to get cleaned up and relieve stress. He must have a had a very busy evening.

Nope, pools, gyms, etc weren't allowed to open until June 5th~

Indoor pools could have 25% of capacity - and lap swim only
Outdoor pools could have 50% of capacity

source:
Final guidelines for Colorado pools, gyms, playgrounds to reopen | 9news.com

Chris is tweeting

To be clear from the family the timeline is Saturday 05/09/20 around 2:30 PM approx all communication with Suzanne stopped. BM said Sunday 05/10/20 at 0500 he last saw her in bed when he left. #suzannemorphew #helpfindsuzannemoorman
thanks - added to the media thread - I hoped they would be all over this. someone want to work on a new timeline???

So Saturday afternoon is likely when she was murdered, and he checked into a hotel that night and cleaned up?

I believe he had a bottle of bleach- bleach and chlorine are almost the same and I think the coworker interchanged the words.
Moo

Chris is tweeting

That is earlier than I thought it had been stated.
I thought it was around 9:30 pm.

Chris is tweeting

I wish they would confirm if the texting suddenly stopped in the middle of the sentence, or if she just never got back to them....or if she texted that here's Barry, gotta go. And what the possible conversation was about marital problems......yeah, I don't want too much, do I.

About the employee (Jeff) saying that BM told him he had to leave due to a 'family emergency'...
Wouldn't it be interesting if this was said or texted/called to the employee BEFORE the 911 call, and before the elderly neighbor was asked by BM to check on Suzanne ??
A timeline is forming and it's damning to BM.
Imo.

Chris is tweeting

That is earlier than I thought it had been stated.
I thought it was around 9:30 pm.
bbm
Well this is a sad development. :(

It sounds like BM had more time to work with, than we previously thought ?
MOO

If Suzanne was with him at the hotel,she would have been seen on security cameras.
The hotel would know she was seen arriving but not departing.
Carried in with the "tools" out with the tools, maybe a nice rolling tool container.......thorough clorox bath for the room after....shower and get on with practicing the concerned forehead look. And leave the room with such a strong presence of chlorine that it was still overpowering hours later when guy arrives. I wonder if he left a couple of fans on.

If he had a room for two nights, which two?

If he had it booked on the 8th, Suzanne would not have expected him to show up at the house.

Did he do some elkscaping all afternoon?

Those hours will be key.

JMO

One of many proven lies, since the employee (Jeff) said there were no tools available for the job and two days of basically nothing for the employee to do.
Wonder if LE found any dna/blood on the towels ?
MOO
I wonder if LE even became aware of the intense chlorine smell and the wet towels in time to isolate them for testing before they were combined with other hotel laundry. The article doesn't say when the employee became aware SM was missing or when he talked to LE.

The article also says that the last time SM was heard from was May 8. I assume that is an error because AFAIK the working assumption has been that SM was engaged in online communication with her friend about wedding plans for that friend's child until around 9PM on May 9 and that communication ended abruptly and was not resumed.

ETA: I see since I posted that Chris from PE has tweeted that SM's online communication with her friend ended at 2:30PM not 9PM on May 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot