Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
you are an MVP. seems real weird it smelt like chlorine when the pool was closed
Maybe the employee can't tell the difference between chlorine and bleach. To me chlorine has a distinctive smell. Could there have been a jacuzzi in the room? It just seems odd that he described it as a strong smell. The only time I've ever smelled chlorine is when I've been close to a pool. Even on towels it's not nearly as strong.

BM has been stingy with details! He did not tell LS about the tools in the hotel room. This info came from AM. BM allegedly told him he had a job in CoSpgs and that he took/left tools to the hotel room for his work crew.
At this point, I wonder if BM is becoming mixed up in what details he's told, and to whom ???
Poor guy. :rolleyes:

the hotel will have his check in time - I'm certain and the camera footage too. So LE will know when he checked in and what he was wearing IMO. I think he could have driven there around after 9pm Saturday - gone back to the work site-ran the heavy equipment and returned to the hotel late late Sat night or early Sun am - then he called the employee for the family emergency - so what was he doing during the day Sunday? employee came Sun evening IIRC. hmmmm
Husband of missing Colorado mom spent the night before her disappearance at cheap Denver hotel | Daily Mail Online
snipped
JP, 49, of Salida, Colorado, said he was ordered to Denver by BM that morning but didn’t see him because he had already left ‘due to a family emergency’.

Speaking in an exclusive interview, JP told DailyMail.com: ‘I got there Sunday night and the room smelled like chlorine real bad

The first thing LE did was to confirm BM's alibi.

BM likely told investigators he went to Denver to set up his job for RTD. He told them he reserved a hotel room for his crew (of 1) that was coming in later Sunday night. This was the story BM also told TD on YT video.

His story, as he told it, is checking out: BM ordered JP to Denver on Sunday albeit he had no ready work and left after two days.

LE obtained surveillance video from Holiday Inn express for the weekend of
May 9, 2020.

Jeff Puckett, 49, of Salida, Colorado, said he was ordered to Denver by Barry that morning but didn’t see him because he had already left ‘due to a family emergency’. [..] ‘I got there Sunday night and the room smelled like chlorine real bad.

A manager at the $92-a-night property confirmed to DailyMail.com that they do not use chlorine to clean guest rooms and have handed security footage from the weekend of May 9 to police.

Husband of missing Colorado mom spent the night before her disappearance at cheap Denver hotel | Daily Mail Online

Maybe the employee can't tell the difference between chlorine and bleach. To me chlorine has a distinctive smell. Could there have been a jacuzzi in the room? It just seems odd that he described it as a strong smell. The only time I've ever smelled chlorine is when I've been close to a pool. Even on towels it's not nearly as strong.
jacuzzis arent listen on the hotels list of room amenties that i could find :/

OMG this is a bombshell article! Husband of missing Colorado mom spent the night before her disappearance at cheap Denver hotel | Daily Mail Online
100 % agree. They have surveillance footage at the hotel no doubt. He’s cooked. This is soooo much like the Dulos case. Be good to your employees people. The pictures of BM grilling are hilarious. Enjoy your fresh air while you can bruh. MOO.
They do have the hotel footage per the article and the Holiday Inn manager said that no bleach/chlorine is used to clean the rooms.
HIS GOOSE IS COOKED!
Which reminds me, is grilling using peanut butter and bbq sauce a thing?

Maybe that MB had a large container of chlorine from using it in a home hot tub and took it with him to sterilize his tools. Then used the towels to wipe tools dry.

I think the co-worker likely told LE his story and turned over the papers left in the motel room, some time ago

I also think it's likely he agreed to a polygraph, if requested by LE

And perhaps his speaking out now, with what he knows, is similar to Suzanne's brother
Perhaps LE gave them both the ok at this time

My view/thoughts

Chris McDonough@187Cjm

To be clear from the family the timeline is Saturday 05/09/20 around 2:30 PM approx all communication with Suzanne stopped. BM said Sunday 05/10/20 at 0500 he last saw her in bed when he left. #suzannemorphew #helpfindsuzannemoorman #SuzanneMorphew #bringsuzannehome
8:31 AM · Sep 2, 2020·

That seems odd/confusing. I thought the PE guys said they talked to a friend of SM that was communicating on social media until mid evening ( ie 9:00 pm ) I get it, Chris states 'from the family' all communication stopped at approx 2:30 pm but again seems odd.

I think the co-worker likely told LE his story and turned over the papers left in the motel room, some time ago

I also think it's likely he agreed to a polygraph, if requested by LE

And perhaps his speaking out now, with what he knows, is similar to Suzanne's brother
Perhaps LE gave them both the ok at this time

My view/thoughts
also he still could of been working for BM, jobs are hard to come buy right now

Chris is tweeting

https://twitter.com/187cjm/status/1301180948902535179?s=21

To be clear from the family the timeline is Saturday 05/09/20 around 2:30 PM approx all communication with Suzanne stopped. BM said Sunday 05/10/20 at 0500 he last saw her in bed when he left. #suzannemorphew #helpfindsuzannemoorman
#SuzanneMorphew #bringsuzannehome

Then why does their site say this, if it was 2:30pm:

May 9, 2020 • Maysville, Colorado
At approximately 2100 hours, Suzanne Moorman Morphew is communicating with her best friend on social media about an upcoming wedding. According to reports, the communication suddenly stops. Sometime later, a number of social media communications occur from Suzanne's "profile" but seem out of character to immediate family members and friends. Suzanne Moorman Morphew

Chris is tweeting

https://twitter.com/187cjm/status/1301180948902535179?s=21

To be clear from the family the timeline is Saturday 05/09/20 around 2:30 PM approx all communication with Suzanne stopped. BM said Sunday 05/10/20 at 0500 he last saw her in bed when he left. #suzannemorphew #helpfindsuzannemoorman
#SuzanneMorphew #bringsuzannehome

That is earlier than I thought it had been stated.
I thought it was around 9:30 pm.
That's what was stated initially. The conversation lasted from mid-afternoon to mid-evening when it ended abruptly. (9:00 pm) IMO

Last edited:
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Not looking good, I admit. IMHO, this is potentially the most damaging information we've seen. I don't think it's enough for a conviction (assuming BM is guilty), but it certainly puts pressure on BM to come up with some reasonable explanation.

I wonder how long the police have had this information.

I started leaning towards guilty when BM's friend (?) said BM was furious because the police allegedly destroyed evidence where SM's bike was found. That sounded to me like BM had staged a scene and somehow the investigators had missed/'destroyed' some of the 'clues' that were supposed to lead them to a certain conclusion.

One thing that seems odd to me: BM apparently left personal mail in the room.
Why did JP give the mail to the FBI instead of returning it to BM? That seems a bit strange.

Also...JP said there were no tools and he never even went to the jobsite. ?? Did he call BM and ask what he was supposed to do?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member