Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why does their site say this, if it was 2:30pm:

May 9, 2020 • Maysville, Colorado
At approximately 2100 hours, Suzanne Moorman Morphew is communicating with her best friend on social media about an upcoming wedding. According to reports, the communication suddenly stops. Sometime later, a number of social media communications occur from Suzanne's "profile" but seem out of character to immediate family members and friends. Suzanne Moorman Morphew
Maybe the report is for her social media, maybe that's where the oddities show. 2:30 ender her actual convo, but more was on her social media that seemed fishy?

the hotel will have his check in time - I'm certain and the camera footage too. So LE will know when he checked in and what he was wearing IMO. I think he could have driven there around after 9pm Saturday - gone back to the work site-ran the heavy equipment and returned to the hotel late late Sat night or early Sun am - then he called the employee for the family emergency - so what was he doing during the day Sunday? employee came Sun evening IIRC. hmmmm
Husband of missing Colorado mom spent the night before her disappearance at cheap Denver hotel | Daily Mail Online
snipped
JP, 49, of Salida, Colorado, said he was ordered to Denver by BM that morning but didn’t see him because he had already left ‘due to a family emergency’.

Speaking in an exclusive interview, JP told DailyMail.com: ‘I got there Sunday night and the room smelled like chlorine real bad

Fingers crossed that the hotel cameras were operating and the images weren't written over or deleted.

But if you had one at home you should have chlorine.
i agree, it just doesnt make sense if he was using his personal hottub why his hotel room would smell so strongly of chlorine, its a decent drive so surely the smell would disipate

and @Megnut in my mind Kool & The Gang - Celebration has been on repeat and im popping champagne

New Revelations~

• Barry's job was in Broomfield, Colorado, landscaping job for RTD-Denver (multiple locations rtd broomfield, co - بحث Google)
  • JP, a co-worker of Barry’s, took over his hotel room on May 10 and found it scattered with wet towels and stinking of chlorine.
  • A manager at the property confirmed to DailyMail.com that they do not use chlorine to clean guest rooms.
  • JP discovered a pile of mail in the room – including a letter about property insurance – and later turned it over to the FBI.
  • JP, 49, of Salida, Colorado, said he was ordered to Denver by Barry that morning but didn’t see him because he had already left ‘due to a family emergency’.
  • Speaking in an exclusive interview, JP told DailyMail.com: ‘I got there Sunday night and the room smelled like chlorine real bad. ‘It was his room and he’d taken a ---- shower his towels were all over the floor.’
  • A manager at the $92-a-night property confirmed to DailyMail.com that they do not use chlorine to clean guest rooms and have handed security footage from the weekend of May 9 to police.
  • JP also said he discovered a pile of mail in the room – including a letter about property insurance – and later turned it over to the FBI.
  • ‘Some of it was from an insurance company, like insuring your property, that kind of thing.’
  • Despite being told the landscaping work was urgent, Puckett told DailyMail.com that he arrived to find no tools and was left to wait around the hotel for two days – never actually visiting the job site. He said he returned to Salida on the Tuesday after Suzanne disappeared and has not heard from Barry since, although he was paid.
  • Barry and other family members have also offered a $200,000 reward for information leading to Suzanne’s safe return. Noel declined to comment when approached for comment by DailyMail.com at his home.

Husband of missing Colorado mom spent the night before her disappearance at cheap Denver hotel | Daily Mail Online

Could Barry have been setting this coworker up?

I just can't muster the outrage about the guardianship process. The elder daughter was notified as required by law. To my mind she is in as good a position as anyone to speak for her mother and was allowed, even encouraged, to have legal representation on the issue. We also know that the Moorman family was aware even though they weren't officially notified (not required by law). There was ample opportunity for these parties to speak against the guardianship and nobody took that opportunity. I don't see that the process failed or was inadequate.

In this case, I think WSers are judging the process based on the assumption that BLM is guilty of some criminal act related to SM's disappearance. So the question being contemplated here is "how can a husband guilty of disappearing/conspiring to disappear his wife be allowed to control her assets?" As we are constantly reminded, WS is a discussion forum and this is perfectly allowed without any regard to evidence, reasonableness, legal standards, or even reality. However, transferring back into the legal world (IANAL!), the question being decided is more along the lines of "is there any evidence this person cannot act in the missing person's best interest?" IMO

We haven't talked about it much but sort of evidence could be presented to convince a judge against granting guardianship? (Other than the missing person turning up or evidence the proposed guardian is guilty of some crime directly related to the missing person, of course.) If there was evidence of marital strife would that be sufficient? Maybe if that marital strife was specifically related to how assets would be used?

As related to this case, I think it would have been interesting if someone had objected to the guardianship specifically on the grounds that how BLM has acted since SM's disappearance shows that he isn't qualified to act as her guardian because he doesn't have her best interests at heart. IMO IANAL

Another intriguing question: How plentiful was bleach in CO then? Because here in the UK, you'd be hard pressed to find a bottle of bleach in that time frame. Everyone was loading up on disinfectant cleaners. Any kind of disinfectant.

Would his hardscaping use bleach for any reason? Like rinsing the rocks or something? I know nothing about that stuff, obviously. It also sounds heinously bad for the environment.
REALLY good question. I couldn't find any for the longest time, every time I went to the store the shelves were empty. But, maybe there is a use for it in landscaping that he'd have had some on hand already.

Another intriguing question: How plentiful was bleach in CO then? Because here in the UK, you'd be hard pressed to find a bottle of bleach in that time frame. Everyone was loading up on disinfectant cleaners. Any kind of disinfectant.

Would his hardscaping use bleach for any reason? Like rinsing the rocks or something? I know nothing about that stuff, obviously. It also sounds heinously bad for the environment.
My husband found bleach at Home Depot in Colorado Springs when the grocery stores were out around that time. BIG bottles of it.

About the peanut butter - that's what one would use in an Americanized version of making satay (Thai style BBQ). It's possible that the jar was used as a shaker for other ingredients. Maybe he's grilling for two different groups?

Amazing that the photog with his big lens got that picture.

The entire article is awesome - good job, DM.

I first read the Chaffee County volunteer firefighter application last May and after reading the physical agility test (PAT) volunteers had to pass, I immediately thought of her husband packing out petite, SM to some untraceable location.

Not once did I think SM was the victim of a wildlife attack. Plausible, yes; probable, no.

MOO

Packing out fits with the thought that she would be close to the house and avoids GPS. Quite bold, though. Plausible: yes. IMO

Could Barry have been setting this coworker up?
Maybe? Is JP the employee BM told LE & Andy about? You know the employee that lives in Salida and BM told to stay away from his family?

It would make sense to point a finger and disparage someone that had the kind of information that JP had. Particularly if BM didn't know at that point, JP had spoke to LE and handed over the mail.

This is heating up ... bottom of the ninth for reelz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot