Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been thinking that Fooses Reservoir would be a likely place to conceal the body (I know it has been searched, but it wouldn't the first time a previously searched area yielded a body). It would suit the purpose in that one could travel there from the Morphew house without being noticed and without using a conveyance with a GPS unit, plus one would avoid traveling a long distance with a body. It also wouldn't totally wreck some sort of bike ride-related theory if the body should be discovered. IMO
As to the bolded---That's ^^^what I am thinking too. If he wants to sell the story of a predator abduction or a stalker, then burying her close to the bike might make more sense.

I don't think he would take her out too close to Denver because that would immediately point to him. But if she is found near the home or the bike, then he can cling to the stalker or bitter ex-employee scenario.

It started about 20 minutes ago! AM is calling in and right now they have 2 mountain lion experts on![/QUOTE]

Wow, at abiut the 1:09 mark AM says this regarding the elk head:
"There was a male cougar seen there, a large one.. however he was sniffing around... My brother-in-law had picked up a dead elk off of the road and he had the horn set sitting next to the house with meat still where the skull was and the police officers even saw this cat there. But, that's what he was interested in."

They go on to discuss how that sighting was on May 12 or 13th & make the point, that if the mountain lion had killed SM on May 10th, he would still be feeding on her remains & therefore would not be interested in the elk head. The whole elk carcas/head thing seems bizarre. I agree with the others that he had a lot of space on his property to leave the elk remains. Why right by the house? Was he covering a scent or blood trail? Trying to lure the mountain lion near the home to support that story? When did he retrieve this dead elk and from where? Weird. IMO

During PE session at about 1:00:06 mark, AM confirms he arrived Salida on May 11, and responded to host Robin Parks that BM picked up roadkill and had the antlers resting against the house. AM confirms the date the cougar was seen was May 13.

(I'm assuming this is not the date BM picked up the roadkill because the house was being guarded by LE on May 13).

I'm baffled why BM left these bloody antlers against his home and not against some distant tree on his 12+ acres far from the residence. :eek:

It started about 20 minutes ago! AM is calling in and right now they have 2 mountain lion experts on!
Wow, at abiut the 1:09 mark AM says this regarding the elk head:
"There was a male cougar seen there, a large one.. however he was sniffing around... My brother-in-law had picked up a dead elk off of the road and he had the horn set sitting next to the house with meat still where the skull was and the police officers even saw this cat there. But, that's what he was interested in."

They go on to discuss how that sighting was on May 12 or 13th & make the point, that if the mountain lion had killed SM on May 10th, he would still be feeding on her remains & therefore would not be interested in the elk head. The whole elk carcas/head thing seems bizarre. I agree with the others that he had a lot of space on his property to leave the elk remains. Why right by the house? Was he covering a scent or blood trail? Trying to lure the mountain lion near the home to support that story? When did he retrieve this dead elk and from where? Weird. IMO

MOO, whatever remains there were of that elk were intended to draw out animals and most likely a mountain lion to the property to further BM’s wild theory.

A person with as much outdoors knowledge as BM would never put any animal remains up against his house when he has a wife and teenage daughter living there and a lot of property. That is just asking for a bad situation to happen.

I was also thinking the elk remains could be to justify why his scent might be picked up in a remote wooded area fairly close by. Ie - he was hunting the shedded antlers. But it sounds pretty clear that this was road kill.

Last edited:
Sounds like he was spinning a tall tale to AM to promote his big cat theory. Big time fine in Texas to pickup road kill for the trophy rack.
This BM is getting more Frazee the more he speaks .

A tall tale! Exactly. I ain't buying a word of it. I'm surprised he didn't say that he dragged and entire elk carcass up a mountain and then wrassled a mountain lion with his bare hands for it, prompting the mountain lion to attack Suzanne for revenge.

This ridiculousness of BMs is starting to reek of presplaining and misdirection that is beginning to start to get to Stauch levels of verbal vomit.

MOO, whatever remains there were of that elk were intended to draw out animals and most likely a mountain lion to the property to further BM’s wild theory.

A person with as much outdoors knowledge as BM would never put any animal remains up against his house when he has a wife and teenage daughter living there and a lot of property. That is just asking for a bad situation to happen.

I was also thinking the elk remains could be to justify why his scent might be picked up in a remote wooded area fairly close by. Ie - he was hunting the shedded antlers. But it sounds pretty clear that this was road kill.

His wife is missing and he has time for scavenging roadkill for antlers.

That happened to my Dad too, with a deer. And he was in a 4 door normal size car. It happens in Alaska, the part of the moose that gets hit is right about the thighs, and the animal violently falls over the car/ driver. The heavy part of the animal. But that's on highways where speed is involved, not on winding mountain dirt roads.

I worked with a woman who was killed hitting a moose in Trout Creek Ontario. Long legged animals like deer and moose can be deadly for people driving low slung cars since many times they end up in the vehicle or crush the roof.

The elk nonsense is starting to make this all feel very premeditated. Unless BM found that elk Sunday, and drove it back to the house before the police got involved and that would obviously be a huge red flag with gps data.

I wonder how long BM had been leaving bait around his house to encourage mountain lions to visit.

OK 2 things
1) was he trying to drive her crazy, or make her more dependent on him by leaving bloody "bait" right by the house? Black bears are even more dangerous than cougars, imo and don't easily abandon their food. The least proficient/ experienced hunter knows not to leave bloody parts of game animals around the yard.
2). He sent the 80 year old neighbor to his house, all alone, twice, knowing he had left animal attracting bloody antlers by the house?

Isn't Mother's Day about the time mama bears with cubs are earnestly looking for food?

So.... there'll be a report of a car-elk accident, right?

Somebody'd remember something like that, little town of Maysville. Or do we need to draw a 200-mile radius around that too?

JMO

Last edited:
OK 2 things
1) was he trying to drive her crazy, or make her more dependent on him by leaving bloody "bait" right by the house? Black bears are even more dangerous than cougars, imo and don't easily abandon their food. The least proficient/ experienced hunter knows not to leave bloody parts of game animals around the yard.
2). He sent the 80 year old neighbor to his house, all alone, twice, knowing he had left animal attracting bloody antlers by the house?
BBM
Bloody antlers and a raging ex employee threatening him.... My my my---- yep he sends that 80 year old neighbor (twice) and doesn't bother to fix his cctv camerias.

I grew up in a hunting, fishing, camping outdoorsy family. I'm not too outdoorsy myself, but road kill antlers up against the house? So much what???? in that whole scenario. Because you just don't do that. Period.

MOO
Reading between the lines of that show last night, apparently LE did see the cougar, but, it was Barry's story that it was just antlers with bloody skin attached? It could have been more bloody matter placed there to attract predators?

IN Court Streams - IN Court Streams

This is a little early but Ive got class and wont have time for shenanigans lol anyways if anyone wants to live stream the proceedings later the above link is for Hamilton County and then you just have to choose Superior Court 1.

Woah...yes please! I believe there will a lot of us who would like to watch a live stream of the proceedings but had no idea that was even a possibility so thanks so much for this link @ivegotthemic! I tried it and it totally works. I will be shocked if the guardianship hearing is allowed to be live streamed but maybe it will?! I’ll be watching! :cool: Praying AM or someone somehow objects to this injustice or the Judge postpones this hearing. :(

edit: FYI Hamilton County is on EST. I just went back to check and Superior Court 1 is “offline” now. Maybe there is nothing on the docket at this time and it will come back online at 10:00 am EST?

Last edited:
Who is going to take on insurance for all these people? This is not comparable to searching pastures or such places.

Interesting question. The language of the waiver will have to be reviewed. I don’t think they need event coverage, but the staging place will have to have some form of general liability coverage. An undertaking of this size could get dangerous. Using private vehicles for this... I love questions that I don’t know the answer to. There has to be precedent. Oh well, something to research while we wait for hearing information.

Regardless of AM's statement along the line that BM was a great hunter, I don't believe it. Certainty BM likes to have people believe that he is and perhaps he thinks that he is. A legend in his own mind. Im sticking to my opinion that he's not. He doesn't seem to have the patience that would require. I think he's paid good money to operations that tweek his ego and make sure that he gets a kill. I find that sort of hunter disgusting.
The whole roadkill antler story is weird. I could see him salvaging antlers to add to his collection. He could have been baiting preditors or he could just be really dumb. I wonder what LE made of meaty antlers laying around. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia