Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting question. The language of the waiver will have to be reviewed. I don’t think they need event coverage, but the staging place will have to have some form of general liability coverage. An undertaking of this size could get dangerous. Using private vehicles for this... I love questions that I don’t know the answer to. There has to be precedent. Oh well, something to research while we wait for hearing information.
Several times the PE guys have gently emphasized that they need experienced outdoors people. Then someone mentioned that teams will be formed beforehand from the volunteers. I think most ppl can help more by donating funds. I like to hike but I don't think they need well meaning ppl like me, they need ppl able to descend from steep rocky trails into the brush, and to get into mines, etc, like they mentioned. My (unsolicited) advice, send $$, or help spread the word to actual units that won't become liabilities. Have something productive to do for ppl who just show up...cooking food, maintaining camp/ warm up places, easy places to field search, etc. (Jmo)

Last edited:
It started about 20 minutes ago! AM is calling in and right now they have 2 mountain lion experts on!

"Wow, at abiut the 1:09 mark AM says this regarding the elk head:
"There was a male cougar seen there, a large one.. however he was sniffing around... My brother-in-law had picked up a dead elk off of the road and he had the horn set sitting next to the house with meat still where the skull was and the police officers even saw this cat there. But, that's what he was interested in."

They go on to discuss how that sighting was on May 12 or 13th & make the point, that if the mountain lion had killed SM on May 10th, he would still be feeding on her remains & therefore would not be interested in the elk head. The whole elk carcas/head thing seems bizarre. I agree with the others that he had a lot of space on his property to leave the elk remains. Why right by the house? Was he covering a scent or blood trail? Trying to lure the mountain lion near the home to support that story? When did he retrieve this dead elk and from where? Weird. IMO[/QUOTE]
-----------------------------

I wasn't home to watch PE last night, so I'm very glad for this post.

This information is of great import.

1. My brother-in-law had picked up a dead elk off of the road:

Well it's not likely he carried it with his bare hands. That means the back of a truck was used. That means rotting dead flesh scent could have been in the back of the truck.

2. he had the horn set sitting next to the house:

Not the dead carcass--just the antlers. That begs the question "where's the carcass"? And, how easy is it to remove antlers from and animal? Doesn't sound like he removed them while the dead elk was on the road. Is it a bloody mess to remove them? Is it a long process?

3. sitting next to the house with meat still where the skull

With meat still on it. Yes, was this all done on purpose to mask blood or blood/human scent??

Or was the point of AM and PE guys---that if Suzzane's body was being eaten on by a cougar--why would he it waste its time with a set of antlers with some meat still on it?? Meaning---she wasn't killed by a cougar. She was killed by a human.

Last edited:
I find the elk rack especially disturbing, given a missing wife.

If there was no bike ride, the bike was staged.

Few people had the means or motive to stage a bike.

Few people would've had the knowledge to DISCOURAGE morning bike rides, every Sunday morning, early, we heard. When animals are busiest....

What else was staged?

How long had that rack been up against the house?

Was the carcass conveniently disposed of on May 9th-10th too? In the same manner. Allowing for blood in a truck bed, blood on a bobcat.....

Amid all the aliblabbering, did Suzanne think she had the weekend to herself, that BM was off hunting, working, whatever it is he does when he goes off-grid with just his bible? Did his presence strike surprise?

I have just one question: where's the rest of it, BM?

My speculation, my opinions

Last edited:
The two wildlife experts gave information about cougar attacks. At about 45 minutes there's a photo of a cougar cache. It really stands out and would be hard to miss. Also they do not carry prey up a mountain. They go down, along watersheds. Rarely would they carry large prey more that 150 yards. It would not be possible for a cougar to pick up large prey to carry it off and not leave a trail. They straddle the prey and drag it, leaving obvious trail.
At about 1:06, AM stated that he saw the dogs searching for scent and that the dogs found no scent.

OK 2 things
1) was he trying to drive her crazy, or make her more dependent on him by leaving bloody "bait" right by the house? Black bears are even more dangerous than cougars, imo and don't easily abandon their food. The least proficient/ experienced hunter knows not to leave bloody parts of game animals around the yard.
2). He sent the 80 year old neighbor to his house, all alone, twice, knowing he had left animal attracting bloody antlers by the house?

Isn't Mother's Day about the time mama bears with cubs are earnestly looking for food?

JMO
Any hunter with any sort of hunting knowledge would know to never leave out antlers with bits of flesh or other tissue on it.

Flies, bugs, maggots, larger animals, racoons, possums, and any other number of critters can cause nasty problems.

Racoons and Possums will knaw on the antlers for calcium nutrients and they can ruin a nice set of antlers, so that reason alone is a reason to never leave antlers like that outside unless you want them ruined.

Something is really fishy about the antler story.

"Wow, at abiut the 1:09 mark AM says this regarding the elk head:
"There was a male cougar seen there, a large one.. however he was sniffing around... My brother-in-law had picked up a dead elk off of the road and he had the horn set sitting next to the house with meat still where the skull was and the police officers even saw this cat there. But, that's what he was interested in."

They go on to discuss how that sighting was on May 12 or 13th & make the point, that if the mountain lion had killed SM on May 10th, he would still be feeding on her remains & therefore would not be interested in the elk head. The whole elk carcas/head thing seems bizarre. I agree with the others that he had a lot of space on his property to leave the elk remains. Why right by the house? Was he covering a scent or blood trail? Trying to lure the mountain lion near the home to support that story? When did he retrieve this dead elk and from where? Weird. IMO
-----------------------------

I wasn't home to watch PE last night, so I'm very glad for this post.

This information is of great import.

1. My brother-in-law had picked up a dead elk off of the road:

Well it's not likely he carried it with his bare hands. That means the back of a truck was used. That means rotting dead flesh scent could have been in the back of the truck.

2. he had the horn set sitting next to the house:

Not the dead carcass--just the antlers. That begs the question "where's the carcass"? And, how easy is it to remove antlers from and animal? Doesn't sound like he removed them while the dead elk was on the road. Is it a bloody mess to remove them? Is it a long process?

3. sitting next to the house with meat still where the skull

With meat still on it. Yes, was this all done on purpose to mask blood or blood/human scent??

Or was the point of AM and PE guys---that if Suzzane's body was being eaten on by a cougar--why would he it waste its time with a set of antlers with some meat still on it?? Meaning---she wasn't killed by a cougar. She was killed by a human.[/QUOTE]

bam! yes, i think so, too, to all of this @Warwick7. :)

which means BM's truck would have been caught on camera or by gps if he had gone anywhere that was not on his alleged schedule, at least from saturday night, to 5 am when he "left for denver/cs." and if this was as premeditated as i think it was, he could have pre-planned a special spot to put her. shoot, he could have worked on said spot all weekend long if it was on his property! i really think suzanne is on that property, and if she's not, she's somewhere around the job site, bc those 2 places are easily explained by BM's truck travelling there. everywhere else he would have travelled to would have been harder to explain, and i don't think he would have taken such a risk, not when we have seen how well he has covered his tracks (as far as we know). unless someone else stopped by the morphew's house that evening, and then left shortly thereafter, she's close by, i swear she is. and all the bizarro-land "coincidences" are to throw investigators off that scent.

Last edited:
I know less than nothing about elk, antlers and whatnot, since I do all my hunting at the grocery store's meat dept.

But even I know, you don't leave a dead whatever, with bits of flesh still on it, leaning up against your house. Especially if you live in the middle of the woods, where known predators would be drawn to the dead thing... and you have a wife and daughters living there. At best it's reckless and at worst it's just creepy.

I haven't watched PE's Choir Practice from last night but I am a little confused on the timeline. Does AM say when BM told him he came upon this dead thing? As in, what day, and was that the same day he leaned the thing up against the house?

Last edited:
Unless I have dropped the ball, there is no live streaming in the Hamilton Superior Court with Judge Casati at his moment in time. Is anyone else able to pick it up?

it says "not currently streaming" for me. appears to be 10 counties that have current streams. i'm hoping that will change when a session comes up.

does anyone know the judge's name that's handling this?

I know less than nothing about elk, antlers and whatnot, since I do all my hunting at the grocery store's meat departmant.

But even I know, you don't leave a dead whatever, with bits of flesh still on it, leaning up against your house. Especially if you live in the middle of the woods, where known predators would be drawn to the dead thing... and you have a wife and daughters living there. At best it's reckless and at worst it's just creepy.

I haven't watched PE's Choir Practice from last night but I am a little confused on the timeline. Does AM say when BM told him he came upon this dead thing? As in, what day, and was that the same day he leaned the thing up against the house?

he said may 12 or 13, which makes it even stranger, bc BM's house was not under his control at that time. right? i'm feeling confused and unsure that BM doesn't have friends in the force that are looking the other way, at the moment.

OK 2 things
1) was he trying to drive her crazy, or make her more dependent on him by leaving bloody "bait" right by the house? Black bears are even more dangerous than cougars, imo and don't easily abandon their food. The least proficient/ experienced hunter knows not to leave bloody parts of game animals around the yard.
2). He sent the 80 year old neighbor to his house, all alone, twice, knowing he had left animal attracting bloody antlers by the house?

Isn't Mother's Day about the time mama bears with cubs are earnestly looking for food?

BBM
Bloody antlers and a raging ex employee threatening him.... My my my---- yep he sends that 80 year old neighbor (twice) and doesn't bother to fix his cctv camerias.

I’ll look for verification, but in the spirit of keeping to facts, iirc, the neighbor was 70 years old. (Which doesn’t automatically make her a doddering old woman. I know plenty of physically fit women in their seventies who can work circles around much younger women.)

I stepped away for a few days and it seems something is going on here and I am clueless! Could someone please get me up to speed. Thanks!
We are talking about the Profiling Evil Live stream of last night. On youtube. They had 2 mountain lion experts on, and during the last half of the show we learned that LE saw a mountain lion right by the Morphew house, and that Barry had reportedly (who reported this?) salvaged an elk road kill and left the antlers, which still had blood and skin on them, lying near the house. From there on it's all of us with enquiring minds wanting to know why an experienced hunter would leave part of a bloody carcass right outside the door of Suzanne's house, whether or not Elk even have antlers in May, and just why why why...

he said may 12 or 13, which makes it even stranger, bc BM's house was not under his control at that time. right? i'm feeling confused and unsure that BM doesn't have friends in the force that are looking the other way, at the moment.
I understood that to be when the cougar was spotted by LE at the home. Im thinking that the antlers had been there for a while, as BM was not staying there after Suzanne disappeared. The wildlife expert pointed out that if a cougar had a fresh cache nearby, it would not be sniffing out rotting meat on antlers. It would not be hungry. Moo

Nah, while I'm sure a blind eye being turned can be cited in some cases, I don't at all believe that to be the case here and in most investigations. Who is going to risk their career, name and possibly even freedom (jail) for BM? I just don't see it. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia