Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I know, DM and all, but here is what they said "Puckett also said he discovered a pile of mail in the room – including a letter about property insurance – and later turned it over to the FBI.

He said: ‘I found some mail in the hotel room. His mail was in there and I gave it to the FBI. I thought it was kind of odd to have it there.

‘Some of it was from an insurance company, like insuring your property, that kind of thing.’
Husband of missing Colorado mom spent the night before her disappearance at cheap Denver hotel | Daily Mail Online

Suzanne Morphew’s husband left cheap Denver hotel room reeking of chlorine, contractor claims | FOX21 News Colorado

Jeffrey Puckett told FOX21 News he arrived at the motel on May 10 and stayed in a room Barry had purchased for him. Puckett described noticing a strong smell of chlorine in the air.

“I thought the pool might have been open, but it wasn’t,” Puckett said.

The motel confirmed the pool is closed due to COVID-19 restrictions. A manager also said they do not use chlorine to clean their rooms, only Peroxide multi-surface cleaner.

Puckett also said he found a letter, addressed to Barry, in the trash inside the room. He said it involved property insurance and that he later turned it over to investigators.

“My first thought was, ‘alibi’,” Puckett said. “When I found the mail the next morning, just kinda looked like an alibi.”

Puckett said he didn’t know the day Barry arrived in Broomfield and couldn’t be sure of the day he left, but did know the reason – a family emergency.

Puckett mentioned he saw Barry in person on Saturday, May 9, and described the work he’d been hired to do, a project involving fixing a wall. But, he said, Barry didn’t leave him to tools he needed.
Where did he see BM on Saturday? Hopefully Lauren will clear that up.

This from your post got me thinking:

"I also am totally perplexed that he calls this coworker to come to Denver to complete an urgent job. Yet, BM leaves and never talks to this coworker again, not to explain what happened or instruct him to start work on the emergency job."

Wonder if calling JP to Denver was to keep him away from any other jobsites BM was working on those couple days?

See I can understand rushing home because your wife’s missing and neglecting to talk to your employees at that point. It would be the last damn thing I would be concerned with.

But he went up there to do an emergency job with no tools[i/].

That’s suspicious.

...someone was doing A LOT of cleaning with chlorine in that room. And no tools? An urgent job but no tools?
No explanation for chlorine from the hotel because the pool was closed and they don't use chlorine to clean the rooms.

What happened with the volunteer firefighter convention? Is this shades of scott peterson?
“Was I golfing or fishing?”
It wouldn't surprise me if Barry told some people that he was in Denver for training and others that he was there working on a job.

No wonder Suzanne’s family of origin believe she’s likely dead. Poor people.
I unfortunately think that most believe that SM is dead after four months of being missing.

Yeah I know, DM and all, but here is what they said "Puckett also said he discovered a pile of mail in the room – including a letter about property insurance – and later turned it over to the FBI.

He said: ‘I found some mail in the hotel room. His mail was in there and I gave it to the FBI. I thought it was kind of odd to have it there.

‘Some of it was from an insurance company, like insuring your property, that kind of thing.’
Husband of missing Colorado mom spent the night before her disappearance at cheap Denver hotel | Daily Mail Online

What do you think could be the significance of that?

oh lord not another rolling cart (Patrick Frazee) - but this is definitely possible - so much video they must have now.
If he was in a frenzy and not thinking straight - he could have checked in (maybe they have remote check in?) - unloaded his car, showered, went out again, came back and left Sunday - he definitely had time based on what we have heard so far. I hope Lauren asks JP what time he got the call to go to the hotel.
JMO
I am just bummed we have to wait until tomorrow. MOO.

Yup.

I've wondered about whether or not one of the things that tipped LE off to the Sunday bike ride being bogus was the Saturday mail being left in the mailbox.

It looks like BM remembered to retrieve the mail on his way out of dodge Saturday, after all.

So, that answers that question.

JMO.
Wonder if BM always brought in the mail. Wonder if there was a reason he had to get Saturday’s mail. Wonder what he was hiding that Suzanne found out about or he couldn’t afford for her to find out. IMO

IME I had an ex boyfriend 30 years ago who nabbed my bank statements because he was forging checks. That was 30 years ago. What would be in the mail and not available on line that SM might have discovered? IMO

No explanation for chlorine from the hotel because the pool was closed and they don't use chlorine to clean the rooms.

It wouldn't surprise me if Barry told some people that he was in Denver for training and others that he was there working on a job.

I unfortunately think that most believe that SM is dead after four months of being missing.

Not unexpected, is it. I think this is the kind of evidence many of us anticipated. And probably more to come...

I’m still firmly in the premeditated camp. I always thought that BM’s supposed alibi (or is it alibiS now) would come back to bite him.

Just because things are messy doesn’t mean he didn’t plan this ahead of time. Some people get so caught up in the planning of the murder and they don’t really think about the details of what happens right after. For example, I think of Nicole Lovell. Her murder was planned but the killer didn’t seem to have really thought out the next steps.

I think you’re right. We’ve seen that over and over. I think that was the case with Chris Watts.

In the room vs in the trash inside the room the next day.

Puckett also said he found a letter, addressed to Barry, in the trash inside the room. He said it involved property insurance and that he later turned it over to investigators.

“My first thought was, ‘alibi’,” Puckett said. “When I found the mail the next morning, just kinda looked like an alibi.”

Did I miss the mail delivery nugget? How do we know it was recent mail with him? Could it have just been articles that arrived in the mail yet were significant because of insurance reasons etc.?

My post was a little confusing because it was building off another posters theory. My post is purely speculative.

Also, I wonder if JP is confusing the terms ‘Alibi’ and ‘Motive’ ?

Good point! I am in Colorado, and we couldn't buy household bleach for the longest time. Maybe only readily available the past couple of months?
I've been thinking along similar lines to @MrsWatson and I've been googling chlorine (!). It looks like it comes in blocks or pellets to be dissolved, rather than liquid. Easily fit in a small bag. Relevant uses I can think of in terms of landscaping would be water features and hot tubs.

(Did the Ms have a hot tub? Sure I read someone said they did)

Looks like reporters are picking up steam in pursuit of the truth. I wonder if anyone is close to flipping.

Now that it is public knowledge of the early stay at the hotel, the chlorine smell, BM is going to again present another version, of 'what really happened'.

'He was so confused, upset after hearing that SM was missing, and just plainly forgot, the last few hours/days.
Now with time, it is coming back to him.
All this, can easily be explained.
So sorry.'

Any more, nuggets revealed, will surely have BM flip, especially when LE come knocking.
MOO.

Just looking on google maps at the Broomfield hotel site, the following locations are very close by:

Walmart - 5 mins by car (on camera purchases of clean-up materials...bleach?)
Town of Superior Yard Waste Recycling Facility (open Wed/Sat/Sun) - 9 mins by car (disposal?)

What do you think could be the significance of that?
I was just pointing out the difference in how that "mail" got reported by DM and then by Fox21 who reported "Puckett also said he found a letter, addressed to Barry, in the trash inside the room. He said it involved property insurance and that he later turned it over to investigators."
So it was "a pile" of mail ( DM) but, just "a letter.... in the trash" to the other media source. https://twitter.com/fox21news/status/1301285738005164033?s=21

And, that if it had been me abandoned like that I would have taken a good look at all of the mail.

I've been thinking along similar lines to @MrsWatson and I've been googling chlorine (!). It looks like it comes in blocks or pellets to be dissolved, rather than liquid. Easily fit in a small bag. Relevant uses I can think of in terms of landscaping would be water features and hot tubs.

(Did the Ms have a hot tub? Sure I read someone said they did)
It's visible (the spa) in the 9news aerial videos.

I mean, you’d expect a premeditated crime to have an alibi already established by a perpetrator. This just looks completely reactionary to me.

The timing of his trip to the Denver area seems incredibly bizarre, and that was before we heard about this latest account. If 5am on Mother’s Day sounds weird, then a Saturday trip strikes me as doubly odd.

Absolutely, MassGuy.

While LE is no doubt building a strong homicide case re BM, these latest revelations about his hotel room reeking of chlorine, with wet towels on the floor, and the fact that he left personal mail (insurance-related) in the hotel, leave me wondering how long it might be before he is arrested.
Hotel CCTV may be able to confirm whether or not BM arrived at the hotel with a receptacle of some sort (e.g. suitcase, toolbox) large enough to contain a human body. The fact that the hotel confirmed they don't use chlorine for cleaning purposes suggests that BM took chlorine/bleach with him to his hotel room, to clean the room.
The colleague who BM summoned to see him in Denver (about urgent work) arrived at BM's hotel room, subsequently reported the strong smell of chlorine and wet towels on the floor to LE. If BM dismembered SM in that hotel room, her body parts will more likely have been disposed of in that region (Broomfield, Denver). The wet towels all over the floor (as described by BM's work colleague) were likely to do with the clean-up operation.

SM's brother is currently working with "Profiling Evil" to conduct a huge land and water search later this month, radiating out from the Morphew family home. It appears increasingly likely that Suzanne's body (in whatever form) will be hundreds of miles away from there. I am hoping that LE is in a position to advance the case prior to that search date. While I understand that Suzanne's brother wants to do all he can - and more - the location of SM's body has a bearing on that. Hundreds of people may end up searching in the wrong geographical location.

BM will be kicking himself for having left his mail in the hotel bedroom. It would not surprise me to find that the insurance letters relate to people as well as property. It is my opinion that these will have a bearing on BM's reason for murdering his wife.
I'm not going to discuss the daughters here; it is not allowed, and rightly so. But for those people who have wondered why they haven't spoken out, please think about this.
Imagine being consumed with grief at not knowing where your mum is, while also being aware of the possibility that she has come to harm inflicted by someone you are very close to.
The daughters are the most tragic of all the victims (SM excepted) in this case. They will know that they have already "lost" one parent, and are likely to lose their remaining parent too. They will, in effect, be rendered orphans by this tragedy. It is little wonder that they might feel conflicted and torn apart by any remaining loyalty they still feel towards their father.
They deserve our heartfelt sympathy, compassion, and support, not questions relating to their silence. Their lives are in the process of being changed irrevocably.

I'm sorry if this was discussed...

1. Do we know what time BM called JP?
2. What time did JP arrive in Broomsfield?
3. How did JP obtain his key?
4. Was JP alone (cough cough)?
I think we still don't know what time BM made the phone call other than it was Sunday morning. Apparently JP arrived in the evening and BM was gone. He was there two days, I think, but never saw any tools and didn't seem to know anything about the job they were supposed to do. I'm not sure how he got the key. He took over the room, so maybe Barry informed the hotel staff and left the key at the front desk. I'm about fifty posts behind so maybe someone else has already clarified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paperdoll1