Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he told him he had a family emergency when he first called. He called to ask him to work but apparently when he got there BM had left due to a family emergency. At least that's how I understood it.

I don't know if there was more than one employee or if they were supposed to share a room. I thought only one was interviewed but I could be wrong. Maybe that's why it's so confusing to me. I got the impression that BM called at the last minute to ask him to come to work. The employee said he saw him on Saturday but didn't say where. If they discussed the wall and the job that needed to be done then why did Barry have to call him again on Sunday? Was he originally going to start on Monday? Idk.

And why did the PE guys seem so sure that Suzanne's communication with her friend ended at 2100 hours, and now it's been clarified that it was 2:30? It seems to be a big difference in time. Wouldn't the friend have confirmed this after the first show when they said the conversation lasted from mid-afternoon to mid- evening?
Re the time of the correspondence, IN time v CO time, IMO. SM's girlfriend being in IN. :)

Some of my questions:

If BM was truly at the hotel Saturday, who was running equipment at the searched job site Saturday night?

How did Barry know there was a family emergency earlier than 5pm?

Why did he rush his employees to Broomfield but then have no more contact with them for 2 days? At least to tell them to go back home? Wouldnt he want them in Salida to help search?

Why would Barry send employees into a room where he had just done suspicious things? Were they all suppose to share a room? Did Barry think it would be cleaned before they arrived?
Potential witnesses giving statements to the press 3+ months into an investigation is LE's worst nightmare...IMO

The timeline in this case is the real missing link, especially if the spouse of the missing person is in Denver late Saturday night when the missing person is communicating with a friend...IMO

Yes. In all likelihood he was paid for his story. In this time as a possible unemployed landscaper he might want to say that it’s a juicy story, who knows) If he was interviewed at that time then his story would probably not be as built up over a smell and letter. Now that she has been missing this long it becomes a focal point for him ( maybe rightly so or not)

we don’t know what LE knows. And trust that they know more. I hope that they do. It breaks my heart and I just want her found for the sake of the family.

<modsnip: Removed opinion stated as fact>

Last edited by a moderator:
I really want to find out when BM booked the Holiday Inn Express room. Was it Saturday, May 9th, after, say, 12:30 pm? Or before then?

In MOO, I think some of this plan was premeditated, in that a loose idea was put together: girls out of town, security cameras not working, and being alone in an isolated house. But as with so many plans, things didn’t go quite as expected. Hence, the scrambling afterwards. Ideas always work out and look great in our heads but reality can be, and usually is, quite different.

I am patiently waiting on the LE rollout of GPS data, hotel booking times and other evidence when the time comes.

Previously posted by PE that last communication to friend via text was actually at 12:30 pm in Saturday afternoon, not Saturday night.

So PE's original report about the friend's last communication with the missing person being Saturday evening was not correct?

If I recall PE's initial report was based off a relative's relaying the story about the friend texting?

I really want to find out when BM booked the Holiday Inn Express room. Was it Saturday, May 9th, after, say, 12:30 pm? Or before then?

In MOO, I think some of this plan was premeditated, in that a loose idea was put together: girls out of town, security cameras not working, and being alone in an isolated house. But as with so many plans, things didn’t go quite as expected. Hence, the scrambling afterwards. Ideas always work out and look great in our heads but reality can be, and usually is, quite different.

I am patiently waiting on the LE rollout of GPS data, hotel booking times and other evidence when the time comes.

Perhaps he made the reservation on his way there, in the wee hours... "just leave the door unlocked", so they dont see his condition or the bleach being hauled in... speculative only

Going thru Trash Can?

Jodi Arias, for one, even in LE interrogation room while being vid recorded.
Many W/S threads on her.
Murder of Travis Alexander - Wikipedia

Eta: I wonder if JP (name?) stood on his head or sang songs in hotel room.;):D:rolleyes:

With the stench of chlorine and wet towels everywhere.... he was probably wondering where the smell was coming from?

Previously posted by PE that last communication to friend via text was actually at 12:30 pm in Saturday afternoon, not Saturday night.

Well he certainly would have had more time then to properly clean the house and dispose of her .... to create his narrative he had to get to denver after that pretty quickly.

Did they mention why it was initially believed to be mid-evening, or 9:00 pm that the communication ended abruptly or why it wasn't corrected until now? Was it a misunderstanding? Did the conversation actually start early in the morning and then end early afternoon?

I believe their initial report was based on at least one layer of hearsay. Hearsay testimony has issues and that is why it can only be used in limited circumstances in court.

Witness discrepancies make any DA's job difficult...IMO

About the employee (Jeff) saying that BM told him he had to leave due to a 'family emergency'...
Wouldn't it be interesting if this was said or texted/called to the employee BEFORE the 911 call, and before the elderly neighbor was asked by BM to check on Suzanne ??
A timeline is forming and it's damning to BM.
Imo.
BBM: I was thinking the very same thing. Wish someone would interview this employee and ask all the good questions we have.

Very interesting day full of information. To me, it doesn’t matter if this employee’s account is lacking in some respects.

What matters is this shows, yet again, inconsistencies in BM’s story and timeline. The bottom line is BM’s wife is the one STILL missing, and his story is constantly changing in some way.

Also, I don’t believe that this is the employee who was fired and made threats against the family. I have seen another name floated around the internet by Team BM and this guy isn’t the one. JMO.

someone will have to write small .... not enough room ;-)
I don’t think there is enough to go on for an arrest unless LE has pertinent computer, vehicle GPS, physical evidence from vehicles/ home/ hotel. Only they know.
A white board would be great since it’s hard to scroll.
I think this boils down to concerned people having NO information so this little drama tidbit makes us all see a potential closure. It’s hard not to know and we never knew her just knew something connected us to this mystery.

I believe their initial report was based on at least one layer of heresay. Hearsay testimony has issues and that is why it can only be used in limited circumstances in court.

Witness discrepancies make any DA's job difficult...IMO
i shuttered just reading the word hearsay and thinking back to the tourture of trying to learn all the random exception ... evidence law is ... complex

but yes i agree the investigation was hurt by not having an accurate timeline. timing is soooo important in missing persons cases and now knowing LE could have potential been several hours off at the start stinks. theres so much potential evidence that could have been inadvertently destroyed because no one knew it was valuable. and honestly sometimes it can be difficulty to get LE to get moving on an adult missing persons case (because adults have the right to leave) so im grateful LE acted quickly here. but who knows what they could have uncovered in BM would have just anwsered a few of their questions

I don’t think there is enough to go on for an arrest unless LE has pertinent computer, vehicle GPS, physical evidence from vehicles/ home/ hotel. Only they know.
I think this boils down to concerned people having NO information so this little drama tidbit makes us all see a potential closure. It’s hard not to know and we never knew her just knew something connected us to this mystery.
I think this boils down to concerned people having NO information so this little drama tidbit makes us all see a potential closure. It’s hard not to know and we never knew her just knew something connected us to this mystery.[/QUOTE
New to this format so I hope you know white board was a joke

Call me cynical, but aren't most government contracts like this awarded to local contractors who have worked with the RTD before?

Just curious.
Not at all.

Public Works Projects in our California county are won and performed by companies from LA and Sacramento 80% of the time. The equipment charge out & wages for these types of projects are prevailing wage and Cal Trans specs. That's big money ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member