Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He also may have been in a frenzied hurry believing, if we are to believe it, that JP was due at 6pm - which would coincide with BM's travel time back to Salida?

Glad you brought up in a hurry, rattled perhaps also may explain the mail pile left behind.
JP stated an insurance correspondence regarding property
Could he have found a jewelry rider policy information? I’d call that property
Interesting how her jewelry was prominent in the flyers LE used
IMO a couple extra employees could have been tasked to sell while waiting for the “job”

Nancy Drew and the Case of the Crooked Wall.

My take: the wall wasn't crooked ever. It was just a story and a suggestion, an explanation for moving a crew to Broomfield. No soil, no machinery, workers paid to hang quiet in the hotel. The alibi IMO, such as it was, was only one layer deep. "BM, where were you?" "Up near Denver, setting up for my workers." Setting up what? Where? With what permit? With what equipment? Bet he didn't figure anybody'd ask any follow up questions.

Too bad his alibi only covered the period of time during which there was never a bike ride.

Well, not too bad for LE. Too bad for him.

Where was he between noon and noon, Saturday to Sunday? The only timeline that matters.

I think LE's close --

JMO

I see many many agree/like, but I myself cannot fathom that he would even venture to say that he had a government contract, and it was all a lie as to such. I do thing that it was a contract MOO

That is beyond conception on my part that it was made up.

Anyone know if this volunteer rescue group needs to buy a liability policy for the search?

Also do they need written permission from land owners to search their property?

Hope they have plenty of first-aid trained volunteers going out with them in case of accidents, snakebites etc.
Mountain lion attacks...this way and that way

Anyone know if this volunteer rescue group needs to buy a liability policy for the search?

Also do they need written permission from land owners to search their property?

Hope they have plenty of first-aid trained volunteers going out with them in case of accidents, snakebites etc.

I scanned the online volunteer form. They are asking for skill level, fitness capabilities, professional experience, etc. This is good. That tells me folks will most likely be utilized where they are best fit. It appears the individual volunteer assumes full responsibility for themselves, that does not surprise me. Not sure about the private property searches and even if it's part of strategy. I will say that it does appear to be organized and an agenda will be clear and most likely will have "team leads" of some sort. The searchers will probably be briefed on safety, what to do if they come across anything, what they are looking for, etc. IMO

I see many many agree/like, but I myself cannot fathom that he would even venture to say that he had a government contract, and it was all a lie as to such. I do thing that it was a contract MOO

That is beyond conception on my part that it was made up.

IANAL, but if I recall correctly, this was rework to fix a crooked wall that BM built. I don't even know if he will get paid for it (as a taxpayer, I hope not). I don't know if you need a new contract to fix what you didn't do right the first time.

It sure sounds like he was paying JP under the table, possibly figuring that as an ex-con, JP would be the last person to blow the whistle. However, if this was a government contract, that's taking a big risk if JP got hurt on the job.

I agree! Please allow me to rant for a minute... It is my family’s vacation hotel because they are 4 star rated, clean, modern, in good, safe locations, affordable and you get a good bang for your buck with the included breakfast that isn’t your standard watered-down Continental breakfast. It’s a hearty, all-you-can-eat buffet style breakfast. Add to it all the other amenities like pool, gym, etc. and I think anyone would be hard-pressed to find a comparable hotel for the price.

Trust me, I researched hotels and settled on HI Express many years ago, in particular for the reasons listed above. Plus, you can find one near almost every major US entertainment attraction, convention center or airport. My large family vacations several times every summer and we have always been satisfied with our choice. We are reward club members and everything!

I know I sound like a spokeperson or something, LOL, but HI Express is a huge part of our vacation plans every year and always gives us a fuzzy, warm feeling when we drive by one because of the memories.

That’s why I was surprised the “cheap motel” referred to in the DM article was a HI Express! Far from it. Even more surprising is how many US citizens don’t seem to know of them. It may not be the 4 Seasons, but I wonder what hotels the majority are staying at that they’ve never heard of or stayed at a HI Express?

Ditto this - I agree 100%.

We stayed at Holiday Inns whenever we traveled. HI is still one of our go-to places.

JMVHO.

Very much MOO. I think this is coming to a head, very soon. That's a good thing, but also worries me.
I’d be worried too, BARRY.

I get that impression myself, and wouldn’t be surprised if we saw an arrest in the near future. In the meantime, I love the pressure that’s being applied.

I think Barry underestimated just how much the kindness of Susan would touch so many people that have never met her and simultaneously show what a terrible person he really is.

This search is going to be something.
I lived part of my youth not far from Suzanne's
hometown and this search reminds me of the old-fashioned barn raising.
When a neighbor's barn burned down, the whole town and surrounding farmers got together and built a new one for them. They worked long days morning til evening working on that barn and the wives were all in the kitchen cooking meals for the workers.
That olden days feeling of people helping people. Great memories.

I agree! Please allow me to rant for a minute... It is my family’s vacation hotel because they are 4 star rated, clean, modern, in good, safe locations, affordable and you get a good bang for your buck with the included breakfast that isn’t your standard watered-down Continental breakfast. It’s a hearty, all-you-can-eat buffet style breakfast. Add to it all the other amenities like pool, gym, etc. and I think anyone would be hard-pressed to find a comparable hotel for the price.

Trust me, I researched hotels and settled on HI Express many years ago, in particular for the reasons listed above. Plus, you can find one near almost every major US entertainment attraction, convention center or airport. My large family vacations several times every summer and we have always been satisfied with our choice. We are reward club members and everything!

I know I sound like a spokeperson or something, LOL, but HI Express is a huge part of our vacation plans every year and always gives us a fuzzy, warm feeling when we drive by one because of the memories.

That’s why I was surprised the “cheap motel” referred to in the DM article was a HI Express! Far from it. Even more surprising is how many US citizens don’t seem to know of them. It may not be the 4 Seasons, but I wonder what hotels the majority are staying at that they’ve never heard of or stayed at a HI Express?
The way they described it I had visions of The Crossroads Motel from Breaking Bad.

I believe the PE guys stated on CourtyTV last night that the Sherriffs Deputies are helping coordinate the search, so I think there will be at a minimal some general areas that LE would like the team to search. It’s going to cover multiple areas over a 5 day span.
I'm happy about the search, don't get me wrong. But if CCSO is willing to help coordinate a bunch of volunteers to search for Suzanne.

Why not invite Texas EquuSearch?

She loved BM and was likely blind to his more worrying traits, perhaps until very recently when things started to unravel. It's impossible to reconcile how someone seemingly so devoted to her family, beloved by many others, and with a caring and thoughtful approach towards all could meet with such a vile end.
^^RSBM

According to BM, SM was his only girlfriend and he married her. SM very well could have only experienced this one relationship -- nothing to compare it to, and unaware how dangerous narc rage could ultimately become.

We also know from Uncle Bob that BM was the baby and only son of his brother. The stereotype of the baby of the family comes to mind -- especially if raised with doting mom and sisters that caused BM to think he was the prince.

I've said this before -- women have been taking care of BM his entire life. It shows. MOO

A Separate Thread?
Thus far we have 3 Ws’ers who will be participating in this search. It’ll be great to know the specifics of what’s happening, as it happens.

Is having a separate thread just for members' from-the-field reports be feasible? Desirable?
Just a thought, to keep those posts concentrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ty1220