Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This scenario makes a lot of sense to me. A puzzlement, though, is why JP was supposedly called up to Broomfield at the last minute, on Sunday morning. IMO, BM must have had a need for JP to be there at the hotel - was it to reinforce the alibi, or was JP nefariously set up?
Well he could have seen JP on Saturday, told him about the job on Monday, and maybe told him he would call Sunday to tell him the hotel and timing. That could have been before he murdered her on Saturday, and he had to follow through.

Lurker chiming in regarding the check-in. :) I've also checked into some hotels using a kiosk in the lobby without ever having to go to the front desk. It dispenses your room key after confirming your reservation information, kind of like the kiosks at airports when checking in. Hope this helps!

"Puckett mentioned he saw Barry in person on Saturday, May 9, and described the work he’d been hired to do, a project involving fixing a wall."

Suzanne Morphew’s husband left Denver hotel, contractor claims room was “reeking of chlorine” | FOX21 News Colorado

AM told PE that BLM told him the "fixing a wall" job was in Colorado Springs. There has been speculation that AM told the truth about that conversation, meaning BLM did indeed mention Colorado Springs and that he was, perhaps, already struggling to juggle lies. I judge that scenario to be highly unlikely given BLM was just in Denver and had told this employee about fixing a wall. I think AM's statement was false. Colorado Springs was never mentioned. IMO

Here's the link to the actual HE located in Broomfield. I think they should take exception to DM's characterization of "cheap hotel." Inexpensive, maybe. Cheap, not so much. Also, COVID cleaning at this location described as: deep cleaning with hospital-grade disinfectants. I suspect this means odorless disinfectants?

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denver Northwest - Broomfield

Well that’s interesting. I thought it said “peroxide based” disinfectants. From personal experience hospital grade disinfectants are not odorless. Some smell even stronger than bleach. But if they are using Sani-wipes or what nurses call “purple wipes” to clean the bathroom they still have a strong smell but it is distinctly different from bleach smell. I would think that a hotel would use hospital grade products especially in the bathroom. But they are so hard to get right now outside of a hospital or medical setting. Maybe hotels are allowed to order them for public safety.

Last edited:
It is still the same old style in some hotels. When I traveled in 2019, I was in Cincinnati, Dayton, Dallas, Atlanta and Austin. I have an iPhone but it was never used for check in. I had to register at front desk, showing my credit card and ID and get a key card.
I always stay at nice hotels. I’m kind of a clean freak and security freak and I love a comfy bed.
Just saying my experience was different from yours. Going to Atlanta in three weeks. Looking forward to what my check in will be like. :D
I'm mostly a business traveler and my phone is registered with certain hotels and linked to my customer ID. Not that different than my boarding pass on my phone that gets scanned for access to my plane.

"Puckett mentioned he saw Barry in person on Saturday, May 9, and described the work he’d been hired to do, a project involving fixing a wall."

Suzanne Morphew’s husband left Denver hotel, contractor claims room was “reeking of chlorine” | FOX21 News Colorado

AM told PE that BLM told him the "fixing a wall" job was in Colorado Springs. There has been speculation that AM told the truth about that conversation, meaning BLM did indeed mention Colorado Springs and that he was, perhaps, already struggling to juggle lies. I judge that scenario to be highly unlikely given BLM was just in Denver and had told this employee about fixing a wall. I think AM's statement was false. Colorado Springs was never mentioned. IMO
He may have mistaken (or not) what BM told him, but it doesn't mean relating that to PE was "false". Unless you are saying that AM flatly made it up, which I doubt. Barry was telling AM all sorts of things, and along the way he told AM that he had taken a polygraph, amongst other lies.

ETA I don't get it, how would AM have benefited from saying something "false" about Colorado Springs?

Last edited:
LOL. What a coincidence that would be. BM found the one guy in town who has such a sensitive sense of smell that walking into a hotel in big city Broomfield sets off his highly sensitive chlorine smell from just the water that comes out of a sink or shower head.

And it just so happens to be in the room that is in BM’s name with BM’s mail, that BM stayed in during the exact time his wife went missing. That BM claims to have brought tools into but the tools were never there according to JP.

I still think the mountain lion tracking BM o the hotel, breaking into the room, and framing BM by covering the room in bleach and stealing the tools is more likely.

so well put, EggSalad! No matter which tiny pieces we find odd and wish to dismiss, there’s far too many coincidences for aspects of this new info to NOT be mainly or mostly true!

Is there an early check in feature on line as well? When I wanted my early check in, I had to call. The desk clerk still had me check in online and waited for me to click the button. Then she assigned me the open room for early check in. No matter what, you have to go in, give ID and a credit card, and get the key. Somebody has to pick up a key.

There are actually hotels that use apps (Volo and OpenKey are just two examples), whereby guests can check-in and open their room doors without needing a physical key. I have no idea if this Holiday Inn Express uses such a thing, but wanted to put that out there.

Completely agreed. How does mail = "alibi" before there is any known missing person? And why is this guy going through the garbage?
Mail did not = alibi IMO. The whole stinky situation = some sort of alibi that JP started realizing he was being set up for. I personally think JP had a bunch of background info he was basing these feelings on. Things we don’t know. Someone speculated perhaps he suspected BM of an affair and this could be what he was thinking about. Could be. Then there’s a “family emergency” & then he finds out it’s his boss’s wife is missing. I don’t blame him for being suspicious, and we probably don’t even know half of it.

you could always get someone ELSE who worked for BM to check in for you, too, like another employee, perhaps a woman, that was supposed to be there for the "job" fixing the wall. if she was an employee, surely they would have let her sign into a room early, if her name was on the list of workers.
If the assistant is listed as a guest on the reservation, she would be able to check into the room. Otherwise, for security purposes, only the person for whom the room is reserved can check into the room.

JMO.

Mail did not = alibi IMO. The whole stinky situation = some sort of alibi that JP started realizing he was being set up for. I personally think JP had a bunch of background info he was basing these feelings on. Things we don’t know. Someone speculated perhaps he suspected BM of an affair and this could be what he was thinking about. Could be. Then there’s a “family emergency” & then he finds out it’s his boss’s wife is missing. I don’t blame him for being suspicious, and we probably don’t even know half of it.
Nothing is hidden in a small town like that. If there was hanky panky everyone knew about it. Or had a hunch.

In the Aug 24 interview PE/AM, time stamp around 9:39 minutes, AM is relating what Barry told him re having problems with local people. AM says that Barry told him he just had a problem with one local guy, he had to fire the guy because he was on drugs, and he was part of the reason the wall was crooked, one week ago he threatened me (BM) and I ran into him and told him to leave me and my family alone, "or else". BM told the police. He paid his employees mostly by check, address was on checks.
BM says that one guy had been in the neighborhood, working at odd jobs that BM had gotten him with airB&Bs. BM says that the guys drove to their own jobs.

This is the part that jumped off the page to me: BM didn't notice what car the guy drives. "So many cars show up, I don't know who drives what".

Isn't that bizarre? BM tells the guy to leave his family alone, got the guy odd jobs in his own neighborhood, worked with him on the wall, fired the guy because of drugs, , paid him by check, but never noticed his vehicle?

I work with people in my field at job sites all the time and I honestly wouldn’t be able to pick out half their cars if they were plain or generic looking cars. Only certain cars/trucks stand out to me.

He may have mistaken (or not) what BM told him, but it doesn't mean relating that to PE was "false". Unless you are saying that AM flatly made it up, which I doubt. Barry was telling AM all sorts of things, and along the way he told AM that he had taken a polygraph, amongst other lies.
Even if Andy's recall of the job location was wrong (which I don't think it was), who has the motivation to be untruthful? Certainly not Andy.

Another poster mentioned this yesterday. Telling the truth requires no effort, keeping your lies straight - who you told what & when. Requires a strong memory and a scorecard like mind.

IMO, BM's house of cards is folding. Unless he is completely out of touch with reality, he has to be looking over his shoulder waiting for the knock at the door.

An interesting side product that is coming to light is there are now multiple examples of him having fairly significant arguments with other fellow workers (one got physical in Indiana if my memory serves me). And there are now multiple examples of jobs that were not done up to snuff and he had to go back to fix them. Both the Colorado site and the Salida site needed some rework done.

For the latter, it may hint of signs that things were distracting him from being able to do a good job.

For the former, that is even more concerning considering SM is missing.
JMO
Maybe the pot is calling the kettle black and it's Barry with substance abuse issues. Just a thought.

I work with people in my field at job sites all the time and I honestly wouldn’t be able to pick out half their cars if they were plain or generic looking cars. Only certain cars/trucks stand out to me.
Well I am not asking if you are a guy or not, but my own experience is that I've never met a guy who didn't pay attention to cars. Sometimes stereotypes are pretty accurate. Especially if the owner of the car has threatened my family, I have gone to the police to report him, he messed up a job because of doping....none of this ever happened to me, but I'll never believe BM didn't pay attention to that stalker's car. It would have been the first question the police asked, had he really gone to the police, which I doubt. Why ask for help from the police without giving them the means to find the stalker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB