Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imgur: The magic of the Internet Wonder if that dirt in the back of that trailer is from where he hid Suzanne. Looks like it's the same color as his drive way.
Imgur: The magic of the Internet Dirt over rocks?

Barry has been doing some digging on that property hasn't he?
Does anyone know if BM has the scoop on the front of that bobcat? In the picture there seems to be a dark shadow with an edge so it most likely is the scoop. So he could have used the scoop to load a hunting cooler onto his truck or a trailer fairly easy?

Agreed. A guy with no history of violence, and no history of marital strife, just doesn’t do something like this.

Unless he lost his temper, which I believe he did.
You never know what goes on behind closed doors. Even her daughters might not have known the full extent of what might have lead up to it.
JMO, MOO

Contradiction?
"Mail Online reports Barry checked into a hotel room on May 9th, 2020 in Broomfield, Colorado. This goes against testimony that states he said he left his home on the morning on May 10th at 0500 hours."
Wether DM is right or wrong PE guys are quoting it.Suzanne Moorman Morphew
@Warwick7 Not directing this at you, Warwick7, but at ^ quote from P/Evil.
In reading only the two above stmts, they are not mutually exclusive, considering time, distance, & transport.

BM may have checked into HI-E Sat, May 9 (w key-card or phone PIN to unlock room door, w or w'out seeing hotel employee), may have left, may have gone to Puma Path home, may have left there at 5:00 a.m. Sun.May 10.
Not saying it happened or is likely, just saying the stmts do not necessarily contradict ea other. jm2cts.

Just going to chime in and say that in my book a good guy would never have it in him to “snap” or “lose his temper” and kill someone he loves. He either has it in him to do it or he doesn’t. And if he does, then he never was a good guy.

It might have been a confession of an affair by Suzanne. Just adding to general speculation.
I just don’t see that. <modsnip>

A man who wears tight shirts although his best days are behind him. A man obsessed with image. A man who would stray.

I see no evidence of Suzanne straying. She had just overcome cancer, and maybe she did want to move on.

But I don’t think there was another man waiting in the wings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just going to chime in and say that in my book a good guy would never have it in him to “snap” or “lose his temper” and kill someone he loves. He either has it in him to do it or he doesn’t. And if he does, then he never was a good guy.
I know what you’re saying. I said earlier that he was a “good guy,” who snapped. I guess what I mean to say, is that he was on the outside “a good guy who snapped.”

I don’t think there was an ongoing abusive streak that lead to this. But yeah, “good guys” don’t have that in them. I know for sure I don’t.

These are all minor things in a narrative that makes absolutely no sense.

You have a low risk victim, “riding her bike” in a safe area, and the most experienced kidnapping organization on the planet (The FBI), didn’t follow their playbook.

Then you have a man who appears to have set up a bizarre alibi last minute, who has been the subject of 2 search warrants on his home, and another one at his job site.

You have a man who is behaving contrary to every loving spouse ever, in a situation like this.

A man who keeps pushing this insane “mountain lion” narrative, despite the fact he knows better.

His room smelled like chlorine, and his home apparently smelled like bleach. That bike appears to have been staged.

Who does that? The spouse, in an effort to mislead.

Can’t fool LE. Can’t fool me.

Nor many more here.

Yeah, it would be a terrible idea, but as you said, married men do it all the time. May or may not lead to a full-blown affair. Sadly, many married men just use it for entertainment. Chat with multiple women on dating apps, maybe hookup with one or two out of town, then ghost them. Sorry to say, I know all too well how it works.

I need a big DESPAIR emoji, @steeltowngirl. You're right. And it's so distressing and sad.

DW is in bed, but I think I can answer most of this for you, because I had some of the same questions and thoughts.

First of all, I wouldn't make the assumption that BM had more FB friends than SM. BM and SM were a couple of years apart in high school and it just happens that DW is closer in age, and therefore was friends with BM. She said BM was extremely inactive on FB, to the point that she (and others) wondered why he even bothered having a FB page at all. She said that the only reason she wasn't friends with SM is because she just never thought about it - I think had BM been more active on FB, it likely would have triggered that thought for her years ago.

As far as the friends/trust part of this - I think that has a lot to do with being from such a small town. The average graduating class in Alexandria is maybe around 100. There's one high school, one middle school, and only a couple of elementary schools. My wife has friends that she's known since second grade, male and female. I went to a high school with 10 times as many students, and just can't relate. So I think this is normal - I've gone with my wife to her high school reunions, and there's a closeness that just isn't there in larger communities/schools. I'd also say this about that closeness - I think there's accountability that's built in there as well - in such a small community - if there was anything inappropriate going on between married classmates, you better believe it would get out and people would call them out on it. All that to say, I wouldn't read anything into BM having FB friends that weren't also friends of SM.

I can't speak to content on BMs FB page (probably violates TOS anyway), other than he just wasn't active on it.

Hope that helps.....

Thanks @Hoosierfan72, it does help. And it also helps to have it confirmed that it's a small community and things would get out... it gives me a sense of what Suzanne might have missed about it as well? There's a safety and security in small hometowns where everyone has your back or knows your parents.

I just don’t see that. <modsnip>

A man who wears tight shirts although his best days are behind him. A man obsessed with image. A man who would stray.

I see no evidence of Suzanne straying. She had just overcome cancer, and maybe she did want to move on.

But I don’t think there was another man waiting in the wings.

Thats the thing Mass Guy, you are looking at the man, and by your own admission, a man whom you identify by stereotypes.

We have Suzanne, a woman loved or appreciated by many, you can see it it in her eyes, as we have commented. It was not necessary that she strayed but maybe received some very complimentary messages that her husband resented because he read too much into them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats the thing Mass Guy, you are looking at the man, and by your own admission, a man whom you identify by stereotypes.

We have Suzanne, a woman loved or appreciated by many, you can see it it in her eyes, as we have commented. It was not necessary that she strayed but maybe received some very complimentary messages that her husband resented because he read too much into them.
Sure. That’s entirely possible. And it would explain a violent reaction.

But I think the other way is more likely. That means divorce, and half his assets.

He couldn’t have that.

Sure. That’s entirely possible. And it would explain a violent reaction.

But I think the other way is more likely. That means divorce, and half his assets.

He couldn’t have that.
I've wondered if BM is a drinker. Not unusual in his professions.
Anyway, I wonder if drinking and an argument led to more than it normally would have.
moo

I've wondered if BM is a drinker. Not unusual in his professions.
Anyway, I wonder if drinking and an argument led to more than it normally would have.
moo
Because I think this happened in the afternoon, I don’t think so. It’s possible, but I think this was probably straight up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot