Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just Andy's naivete as to how FB works...

Or someone else's naiveté about how to impersonate Suzanne on FB.

The earlier report was that women who knew Suzanne, but were FB friends of BM's, suddenly got a suggestion (not a request) to friend Suzanne.

That could be because someone on Suzanne's account was active sending friend requests. FB tries to be helpful when a person is looking for friends - so it sent info to BM's friends who would be friends-in-common with both Suzanne's BFF and possibly with classmates of Andy.

A panicked perp? Who is casting about for various ways of disguising the time of a crime?

I bet all directed internet activity at the house ceased right after.

Lauren Scharf is working on another interview with a different Coworker of BM’s this coming week. Should be interesting to see which one it is!
Even more interesting to see if what they have to say aligns with what BM has already said. I suspect it likely doesn't, since that would be a rather boring interview, and last all of 4 seconds.

jmo

I cannot think of a single reason, someone pretending to be SM, would go on her profile and send friend requests to folks in Indiana, that her brother went to school with. And... to do this a good 10-12 hours after her chat with her friend just abruptly ended, without any explanation.

Anyone have any ideas why this would be done?

IMO, her brother might be confusing friend requests with people you may know. I’m going with the version the WS member described from his wife here a few days ago.

Last edited:
Yes, but if I were to login to my husband's FB and try to impersonate him - or - to make people think he was active online around midnight - sending friend requests to people his sister's age, that she went to school with in their hometown, is the LAST thing I'd do, because I know he would never do that and it WOULD be a red flag. I'd go, "like" bands or movies or something, something that I know he'd actually do.

This action makes zero sense at all.

BM: ....”I was a little bit not in my right mind.“

I’m not sure if it would have GPS tracking capabilities but the 2003 Range Rover HSE came standard with a GPS Navigation System.

Brand: GERMAN AUDIO TECH
2003 2004 2005 Range Rover HSE L322 Navigation System Computer GPS

https://www.amazon.com/Range-Navigation-System-Computer-500040/dp/B07K51Y81X

Thank you for that!

So almost no way for BM to hop into a vehicle that didn't have GPS. We know that his own truck has GPS standard on it - and that he took that truck to Broomfield/Denver and back - so presumably, he was driving that truck that weekend.

This surely makes me wonder if Suzanne's body isn't nearer home. I also wonder if GPS led LE to the Salida worksite - not just the neighbor's noise report, but the judge was further convinced by evidence of BM's presence nearby, that night.

If BM drove to that worksite and charged up the Bobcat, then how could he have gone anywhere at all with the Bobcat without LE knowing that he drove there? If he drove and used the Bobcat near the worksite, wouldn't that also be obvious?

I hope the upcoming search also focuses on any wooded or brushy areas near that worksite.

But it looks like BM may have had plenty of time to hide Suzanne nearer home. If caught at the worksite or questioned about his late night presence there, BM would say he was just getting ready for the big Wall Job the next day. If there was no such job, LE must surely be getting close to putting all the pieces together.

Possible errors by AM in the video call:

11. Communication ceased around 2:30 pm, after they had been chatting about wedding stuff
(tuxes, flowers, etc).
I believe AM misspoke when referring to the IN wedding being that of her best friend's son.* I think it was her daughter that was recently married. See SM's twitter.

20. Barry and Macy are living in a condo in Pueblo.
After AM stated BM and daughter moved to a condo in Pueblo, he goes on to describe the location only a few minutes east of town. I believe AM means Poncha Springs and not Pueblo which is two hours south-east of Salida.

MOO

ETA: *mentioning the wedding only because this is the third time I've heard AM refer to this as the son's wedding.

Last edited by a moderator:
BBM:

I think this is a complete misread of their relationship.

I think what BM and SM shared was the fact that they were both in love with the same person.

Which is to say, they both loved BM.

JMO.
Yes! He loved the fact that she idolized him. It further boosted his oversized ego.
My take on Barry:
-Mama’s Boy
-Doted on by Mom and sisters - no self confidence problem here
-High School jock, more adoring fans, ego is growing
-Drafted by MLB, can he even get his head through the door?
-Life change! MLB let him go! Huge disappointment! Needs ego rebooted.
-Suzanne is always there, holding up his pedestal all by herself.
-Marriage and kids. Still nursing that bruised ego. If only..... But he plugs away, fairly successful. Then he can’t control that temper. It lowers his status in IN. Let’s move to CO for a fresh start.
-Hit 50, mid-life crisis? Wife is sick, he wants to socialize and have fun, and he is being adored again by the young people he has met in Salida. He is a FF! He is fit and attractive. Look at me! I’ve reinvented myself. I’m back on top!
-Covid 19, stuck in the house. Suzanne doesn’t want to do anything. She’s afraid of the Corona virus. Nothing going on. My ego isn’t being fed. Suzanne is hinting about going back to IN. I caught her talking to that friend again. She is a bad influence on Suzanne. I don’t want to go back to IN. There’s nothing for me there. No adoring fans, no new exciting life. This is all driving me crazy.....

MOO. Hypothetical theory by untrained observer of the human condition.

I cannot think of a single reason, someone pretending to be SM, would go on her profile and send friend requests to folks in Indiana, that her brother went to school with. And... to do this a good 10-12 hours after her chat with her friend just abruptly ended, without any explanation.

Probably to insinuate that SM was alive at midnight on Saturday!

I have to wonder if the M girls are all hearing about these things the same time the general public is. I mean, I hope they're not online following this because it's just heartbreaking but, given their ages and that fact that young people are entirely connected online, 24/7, I suspect they probably are. And that makes my heart hurt for them. :(

I know :( it will be such a confusing time for them.

Possible errors by AM in the video call:

I believe AM misspoke when referring to the IN wedding being that of her best friend's son. I think it was her daughter that was recently married. See SM's twitter.

After AM stated BM and daughter moved to a condo in Pueblo, he goes on to describe the location only a few minutes east of town. I believe AM means Poncha Springs and not Pueblo which is two hours south-west of Salida.

MOO

BBM I think you meant southEAST of Salida.

To imply that she is still alive? IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member