Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was my initial impression,too. Thanks for laying that out for us. And that is a lot of premeditation.

I think his murder plans at first were a 'just in case' plan. I think he was trying to get Suzanne to go along with whatever it was that he wanted. But just in case he was unsuccessful, he had a plan. I think he put it off as long as he possibly could, he didn't really want to have to murder her. But in the end, he had to, to get what he wanted.
-------------
THIS!!! snipped by enelram
-------------
I've wondered if she was going to head for Indiana after her last doctor appointment on Monday. If so, her friend would know that, I think.
Moo
^^^^^^^
I've wondered if she didn't threaten or tell him she had an appt. w/ a divorce atty that same week and he was trying to talk her out of it.

Supposedly that notion has been debunked but my dad was LE and he swore that full moons brought out the crazies. I believe it.
I don't work in the medical field, but I believe it after seeing it in the field I do work in and being a volunteer Crisis Counselor in the past.
The full moon brings them all out..YIKES

Yesterday I drove by the hotel in Broomfield. It is in a very new area and something I noticed is it's right across the street from a Land Rover dealership. I thought we've read they owned a couple of these. I looked up how many dealerships are in the state of Colorado and it appears 7. Do we know what vehicle may have been driven to Broomfield? Sometimes people call an SUV a truck? JMO

There have been references to small town 'secrets'.

I am still very curious why LE seemed to focus on BM so quickly. IIRC, didn't LE seal the house and deny him entry when he came back from Broomfield? The Sheriff dismissed BM's suggestions of both a mountain lion attack and an abduction almost immediately. I can understand him dismissing the mountain lion attack - but why was he so certain it wasn't an abduction?

I don't recall Heidi Broussard's partner and child being kicked out of their apartment while the investigation went on. This case is still technically a 'missing person' case, right? The Berreth apartment wasn't sealed after LE did their initial search for KB and found no incriminating evidence.

Question for those who know more about bobcats than I do: can one person switch attachments (rake for bucket)? Or would BM have needed a second person to do that - possibly late at night?

Probably the strong smell of bleach in the house during the welfare check. I'm sure there were other red flags as well.

Probably the strong smell of bleach in the house during the welfare check. I'm sure there were other red flags as well.
yes plus I think his answers weren't the right answers to their initial questioning and then he
may have been inconsistent w/ some answers.

It's an age old technique for a guy to disappear his spouse while he's supposedly out of town for work. Happens all the time on real crime tv shows. So that alone makes them pause and look closer.
Plus trained LE know to look very closely at the
immediate family, especially the spouse.
It's just statistics.
But I think BM muddled his answers so badly that he handed the investigators his alleged involvement on a silver platter.

BBM
I don't agree.
I wouldn't.
Cheryl Berreth didn't. Her and her son were taken to the police station, after calling 911, where they talked with police for about 12 hours.
MOO is if you aren't lying then you don't need an attorney.

I admire the faith that you place in human institutions, fallible as they are. However, one can earnestly say something to police that one believes is the truth yet have such a statement be perceived as suspicious by investigators.

Moreover, police can & do lie during interrogations in an effort to trick subjects into saying something that may be used against the subject. Having an attorney present provides another pair of ears and eyes to guard against such a possibility.

At the most basic level, though, an attorney can ensure that any confession isn't coerced. While confessions during physical torture are rare these days, they do occur on occasion. Police threats of criminal charges against family members or a referral to child protective services can certainly be coercive. An attorney present during questioning can advise the suspect about which police threats may be real & which are bluffs.

and why would these two un-named men get involved now in a coverup?
Were they ALREADY involved in helping BM?
Were they already invested somehow in the crime so what's a little bit more?
Ok-- I am having issues with these "2 men"
--"she was approached by two men, both linked to Barry, who told her, “We would give you your paycheck, but we don’t want it to look like hush-hush money"
I am curious as to who these 2 men are. "LINKED to BM"
I am curious as to why she would not get her paycheck for her work--I mean, an employer can't legally withhold a paycheck just because the employer (BM) doesn't want it to look like hush-hush money.
Hush-Hush money for WHAT ???
what is she NOT supposed to tell ?
To me, it sounds like a veiled threat to MG, IF this is even true. JMO

Also- regarding BM checking into hotel at 9AM--
according to the HI-E website- Check in is 3 PM
so was he able to check in earlier ??
Possibly, with COVID, rooms had not been used, business slow so the hotel let him.
Just thoughts running through my head today.
I sure hope SM's brother and his search party find her !!!!

EBM--meant to add hotel Website
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denver Northwest - Broomfield

Hello. I have been following this case From the start and have been reading all your threads. This is my first post and I hope I’m
Doing this right.

What I can’t understand is why it appears that most people here feel that the 12:30pm Saturday “abrupt ending” to her texting conversation with her friend must indicate her approximate of death. More importantly, why we are basing the entire Barry timeline around this little bit for information? People are questioning how he could have gone home at 11:00am, then be seen in town, etc. I think an easy explanation to why this could occur is that she wasn’t killed then and was killed later in the evening.

IMO there can be many reasons for her not texting her friend back that may or may not have anything to do with Barry. Maybe they were arguing and she was upset and forgot about the text convo, maybe she went for a hike, etc.

While I do believe Suzanne was killed on Saturday, I don’t see why it couldn’t have happened in the evening.
Thanks for reading my first post!
I don't think we know if the texting stopped in mid sentence or not. We also don't know what the 2 women were talking about at that precise time.
It could have happened in the evening, although he would have incapacitated her to the point where she couldn't get to her phone or social media for hours, assuming he was to blame for the curtailed text. I have always thought he likely took her from the house to murder her somewhere near a grave, a mine, her final resting area.
Also, if he used clorox right after he murdered her, and if that happened at mid day on Saturday, why would it smell so strongly >24 hours later. Of course he could have used the bleach later on, but I think there is a particular reason why he glommed onto the 5 am hour.

I don't think we know if the texting stopped in mid sentence or not. We also don't know what the 2 women were talking about at that precise time.
It could have happened in the evening, although he would have incapacitated her to the point where she couldn't get to her phone or social media for hours, assuming he was to blame for the curtailed text. I have always thought he likely took her from the house to murder her somewhere near a grave, a mine, her final resting area.
Also, if he used clorox right after he murdered her, and if that happened at mid day on Saturday, why would it smell so strongly >24 hours later. Of course he could have used the bleach later on, but I think there is a particular reason why he glommed onto the 5 am hour.
Possible he pulled out of his keister too, I guess :p

The bleach. Specifically the second hand account of it being smelled in the home. Can we assume that no blood was found in the home? (No signs of a struggle, apparently the luminol that was brought in did not find anything , right?) So if her manner of death was either strangulation or getting knocked or beaten ...why would he need bleach in the home? What needs to be cleaned with bleach? I’m not understanding that.

I admire the faith that you place in human institutions, fallible as they are. However, one can earnestly say something to police that one believes is the truth yet have such a statement be perceived as suspicious by investigators.

Moreover, police can & do lie during interrogations in an effort to trick subjects into saying something that may be used against the subject. Having an attorney present provides another pair of ears and eyes to guard against such a possibility.

At the most basic level, though, an attorney can ensure that any confession isn't coerced. While confessions during physical torture are rare these days, they do occur on occasion. Police threats of criminal charges against family members or a referral to child protective services can certainly be coercive. An attorney present during questioning can advise the suspect about which police threats may be real & which are bluffs.
Chris Watts would still be awaiting trial somewhere, with his PDs digging up carp on why his kids had tree nut allergies if he had not cooperated with LE and realized the value of the plea deal. And how she probably did it herself then committed suicide by hanging over a toilet. (honest, one of the theories on the conspiracy sites that still go on, and on, and on). Then someone else buried her because the oil vats were timed to blow up....and how he really was a battered husband, just that all the videos were cleverly timed to omit all of her abuse.
I'm all for taking a polygraph if someone I REALLY DO LOVE goes missing or is murdered, but maybe that's just me. No polygraph, and then lying about it afterwards? That pretty much negates the "I know my rights" argument and geez, if I take a polygraph they will make it look like I am lying. And then going out to lie about taking one.

The bleach. Specifically the second hand account of it being smelled in the home. Can we assume that no blood was found in the home? (No signs of a struggle, apparently the luminol that was brought in did not find anything , right?) So if her manner of death was either strangulation or getting knocked or beaten ...why would he need bleach in the home? What needs to be cleaned with bleach? I’m not understanding that.

We have been given no information about what was found in the house.

It is a puzzle working out where in the house bleach was used and why and when it was used.

Ok-- I am having issues with these "2 men"
--"she was approached by two men, both linked to Barry, who told her, “We would give you your paycheck, but we don’t want it to look like hush-hush money"
I am curious as to who these 2 men are. "LINKED to BM"
I am curious as to why she would not get her paycheck for her work--I mean, an employer can't legally withhold a paycheck just because the employer (BM) doesn't want it to look like hush-hush money.
Hush-Hush money for WHAT ???
what is she NOT supposed to tell ?
To me, it sounds like a veiled threat to MG, IF this is even true. JMO

Also- regarding BM checking into hotel at 9AM--
according to the HI-E website- Check in is 3 PM
so was he able to check in earlier ??
Possibly, with COVID, rooms had not been used, business slow so the hotel let him.
Just thoughts running through my head today.
I sure hope SM's brother and his search party find her !!!!

EBM--meant to add hotel Website
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denver Northwest - Broomfield

You're not the only one with issues about these 2 men and what in the world they were on about "hush hush money" for.

I have a hunch LS knows exactly who these two are, and if she could track them down and get them to elaborate on that, that'd be great.
:)

In my line of work I use luminol, but I also use my black light. The bodily waste of humans and animals contains organisms that glow under black lights. So, it is effective for me when looking for pet urine and etc.

But, you be astonished at what I have found. There have been insufficient things as well at things I've had to turn over to LE.

Keep in mind, the human body when shocked by a situation at times will urinate. The mouth will also dribble with saliva. All of which I can pick up even after it has been cleaned.
Have you ever come across any ghost prints when using your black light? My teenaged daughter once saw me reading about black lights and told me all about how they have been used by ghost hunters to look for foot steps.

I said, "Oh really? Does it work?" She replied, "Only when they're fresh."

She was only 12 at the time but you might want to be careful, just in case.

You're not the only one with issues about these 2 men and what in the world they were on about "hush hush money" for.

I have a hunch LS knows exactly who these two are, and if she could track them down and get them to elaborate on that, that'd be great.
:)
She was probably trying to contact BM for the justly earned $$, and they were running interference or searching locally, and she had to go thru them to find out where BM was. Maybe they said Sorry, you'll have to wait....and she might had said hey, this whole thing is a sham...wait til I tell LE what all happened in Denver.. nothing is making sense, he spent only about 1/2 hour setting up the site for us on Sunday.

MG's Selfie w JP. Reversed?
SELFIE OF MG AND JP:
If MG was taking the selfie, it would appear that she was in the passenger seat although she was in the driver’s seat, wouldn’t it?
@Tibeliz. Yes, sometimes (like pix taken in front of mirror?) . What about this one specifically?
Pic at link at 3:40 mark,

Selfie w MG and JP?

@Cindizzi bbm sbm Good question. Sorry if this has already been discussed and the question answered.
If this selfie is the one I recall, MG is in front pass. seat; JP is in back seat on driver side, soooo ----
1. When taken? Sometime during the MoDay week end, or that Mon or Tues? OR another irrelevant time?
2. Who, if anyone, was in driver seat? I see neon-ish green item, a couple inches big, at driver. seat shoulder. Was that the seat itself or driver's shirt or jacket?
3. Whose vehicle? If MG or JP, why were they both seated as passengers, instead of one in driver seat? If belonged to BM, pic was not taken on MoDay wk. end, or Mon. or Tues, because BM was not there w them, right?
TiA
ETA: I posted similar Qs. yesterday but have not seen responses.

There was one more worker that day per the LS video. Initials CC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member