Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You think LE might suspect someone from the Fire Dept that might have helped BM?
could very well be.... plus we don't know when or if LE chatted w/ any firefighter buddies.
Maybe if the usual suspect was more co-operative and forthcoming in trying to find his
spouse, LE would have welcomed the additional help but obviously they had their reasons and we can only surmise.

I wander way off the road while doing my hobby, I bring all of the above plus an orange space blanket to wave at rescuers or hang on the tripod in case I'm out of phone coverage, and maybe I will have broken my leg. Plus a mirror for signaling and matches.

My must-have item is a small portable phone charger. I got one for under 20 bucks that holds at least 3 full charges worth for my iPhone. It’s half the size of my phone and I could have even gone smaller to a lipstick charger if I only wanted 1 charge worth. I never worry about running out of battery.

My must-have item is a small portable phone charger. I got one for under 20 bucks that holds at least 3 full charges worth for my iPhone. It’s half the size of my phone and I could have even gone smaller to a lipstick charger if I only wanted 1 charge worth. I never worry about running out of battery.
I need to get me one of those. I was thinking more of being out of coverage of the cell towers as I don't have an iphone with internet.

I bet BM is pacing and looking out the windows today, as well.

To be fair, it takes a lot of brisk walking to burn off all those peanut butter calories alone.

There are 190 calories in just 2 Tb. of JIF:
Creamy Peanut Butter - Jif Peanut Butter

And as we all know, BM remains extremely committed to personal fitness, as evidenced by his dedication to putting his time in at the gym, no matter what.

Too bad he can't demonstrate that same level of commitment to finding his wife.

JMO.

Last edited:
There's a reason he brought a truck bed's worth of tools into the hotel.

And it wasn't because they were needed for the wall that never happened.

There's a reason the towels were soaked and the room chlorinated.

Did he clean tools? Seems likely. Question is, WHY DID HE NEED TO? Had a cooler tipped over earliier?

Bleach in the house. The use of bleach, to me, says body fluids and blood spatter.

I hope LE has possession of the hotel cart. Any trace DNA matching Suzanne...bam.

Did he unload his truck onto a cart or did he perhaps carry them in in a cooler, using the cart for cleaned tools?

He acknowledged the chlorine smell...he presplained the tools.... which means, to me, that LE was putting on the pressure with information he had to attempt to answer for.

Whatever he did, I hope it was all caught on camera.

JMO

Most important items for searchers:
  • Whistle - In case YOU get lost
  • Water - don't assume it will be provided for you
  • First Aid kit - Small one is OK
  • Roll of TP (does a searcher s*** in the woods? You bet they do.)
  • Power bar/granola bar/etc.
  • Flashlight
  • Knife
  • Extra clothing layer if it gets cold when the sun goes down

That is a good list combined with the list on the PE website for searchers. Some items are the same but you listed some they did not list like carrying a whistle which is one of my "must have" items whenever entering remote woods.

I always carry a metal whistle I had gotten that has a small round cork ball inside. They work even after getting wet and as most people know by now, a whistle can make a very loud shrill type noise that can carry further than a human trying to scream or cry for help. Plus, if you are in need of help and trying to scream for hours, your voice will get hoarse but if you have a whistle you can keep using it for as long as you have a breath.

Luckily each searcher will be with a group so I think everyone should be fine but its still always good to have a whistle just in case you get lost.

I wonder if maybe, BM's phone was dormant in the 3.5 hrs. before SM had the strange social media contact.

What IF it was actually his phone that showed the activity on her social media around midnight, but his phone was inactive before then.

This 3.5 hrs. could be anytime before or after midnight, but I do believe he used the cover of darkness to get rid of any evidence.

Wow! A publicity stunt for what??? Is AM running for office or something?
IMO-
Poor befuddled BM is getting finger pointed around town and he doesn't like it.

Plus, who'd want to hire him to work on your project? And how desperate are employees who would now work for him and be called all kinds of names after he doesn't pay you?

Every bit of PR that this search is getting is taken as a slap in the face by the bad boy.

Bad boy, bad boy whatcha gonna do?

I wonder how many of BM's buddies have volunteered for the upcoming searches?
I also wonder whether anyone closely associated with BM has been told, "Thanks, but no thanks" in response to signing up to participate in the searches.
I have some concerns about the potential for evidence being intentionally destroyed/disappeared.
JMO.
I am very sad that we now know TN was one of the 2 people who spoke to MG about not turning over her phone. You (and others) were skeptical from the beginning..I'm not good at this. :(

i think andy misspoke and called it crested butte, when what he meant is that barry laid down on some random butte closer to home. remember, he had never been to colorado to visit, and there is no logical reason they would have been searching that far from the house that day. this happened while they were out searching for suzanne.
Agreed. I think AM misspoke, as he did when he said that BM is in a condo in Pueblo (not Poncha S.). Understandable if you are not from the area. IIRC, that statement was in the very first interview involving AM.

Apologies in advance for how gruesome this thought is:

Would BM kill an elk out of season, process the carcass keeping the meat in a cooler(s) and then leave out the skull/tissue out and possible some additional meat to lure mountain lions? Would BM then murder SM, cut up the body and hide the human remains under the processed elk, and then go an dispose of the elk, human remains, and coolers? And then need to clean off your saw thoroughly with bleach? Perhaps even all of your tools if the saw was placed back in a tool box to avoid suspicion.

Also, would disposing of elk steaks with human remains increase the likelihood that an animal would come and eat/take away both aiding in the disposal of the body and difficulty in locating it?

And if this actually happened, is there some Freudian aspect of BM saying that a mountain lion got her? As that was his intent all along, just not in a bike ride scenario?

Please remind me never to be murdered by you.o_O :D

In all seriousness, I think Barry was desperate and he may have taken advantage of some knowledge and equipment that he had, but he ain't that creative and he ain't that clever. IMO

PS Thank you to all of you who expressed your sympathy for the loss of my brother.

Most important items for searchers:
  • Whistle - In case YOU get lost
  • Water - don't assume it will be provided for you
  • First Aid kit - Small one is OK
  • Roll of TP (does a searcher s*** in the woods? You bet they do.)
  • Power bar/granola bar/etc.
  • Flashlight
  • Knife
  • Extra clothing layer if it gets cold when the sun goes down
I’m going to add bear spray...

I'm not sure we can give absolute credence to the time stamp for friend suggestions. Maybe he accessed her Facebook on his phone much earlier, but Facebook's recognition algorithm didn't cycle until midnight. If he knew she was messaging her friend, isn't it possible he destroyed her phone, then had to use his to read what they'd been talking about? Also possible, she may have been talking only about wedding stuff, but we know he's agitated and excitable. I can imagine someone like that grabbing the phone and smashing it, then failing to believe the messages weren't about him, using his own phone to read her messages in front of her, expecting to be vindicated, then behaving as if he had been. Bet he didn't ever take too kindly to Suzanne talking to anyone from back home...

Techies, if he accessed her Facebook shortly after noon thirty, is it possible for the notifications to go out in a batch at midnight?

JMO

Yeah, the key words here being "IF."
Police 101 teaches you to protect the crime scene. Why would anyone assume they hadn't? That's like assuming that your surgeon didn't wash his hands or sterilize the instruments. It's a silly and ridiculous assumption and it's so obvious why it's being made. BM thought people didn't question his words and actions throughout his life because he was smart--ha! It was more like they were intimidated by his aggressiveness and anger. However, the police won't be intimidated by him.

I also don’t want to sound pessimistic but if a lot of the searchers are from Indiana I don’t know how well they will handle the terrain. Colorado is rugged. But I hold out some hope nonetheless .
1. Attitude reflects leadership. There is some awesome amazing leadership with this.

2. They are going to be driven on finding her. Their minds and their bodies will be telling them they can rest later. They will be bent on finding her!

About LE messing up the crime scene, per BM, I think rather that's his attempt to presplain why there were no footprints, signs of a scuffle, Suzanne's scent, etc. As in, it was all there but LE trampled it. OR there was additional staging that LE isn't revealing and he believes they missed it.

I wonder where he was when he learned the girls were running late....

And I wonder what he looked like when he showed up at the bike scene.

Squeaky bleachy clean?

JMO

"bring her home" - if they do find remains, AM won't be able to bring them back to IN - they will be released to her spouse / daughters and it will be their decision - IMO.
I was just thinking. If they do find her, they will probably arrest BM. I would hope girls would then probably yield to their uncle's wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid