Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think BM is nervous. I imagine the thought of hundreds traveling there in search of SM has him very edgy. I also believe regardless of how this plays out, he will be able to convince his mother and the two girls he was set up. He's a fast talker and it's worked his whole life. BM is way past his prime and it appears to me that this makes him very insecure. I believe this to be true even if and when he is convicted.

He seems to be an ego maniac with an inferiority complex. A dangerous combination. I'm no psychologist but I sense he is a brow beating bully. Those that don't buy what he's selling just fade out, for fear of incongruous retaliation. He's a bully and I want to see him have to face the music. He'll never confess and personally, I don't think he would ever take his own life, he thinks he's too important, too loved, too needed and too much of a gift to society. (I just threw up a little in the back of my mouth) To me, he believes if he talks fast enough and has enough explanations, it all will just go away.

Sadly, I've been around similar personalities and they are exhausting. Level up to murderer either by premed or sheer anger, that is a recipe for a Sh*$show...

Great post.
MOO

Almost forgot....

* The bleach/chlorine smell at the house and the hotel room
* AM says that the CBI tells him the GPS data doesn’t match along with NOT taking a poly or voice analysis AFTER BM says he did so.

I’m sure I will think of more, but my mind is scattered right now after losing my beloved dog -Nola

Keep the posts coming because I’m relying on my WS family to take my mind off of it! :(
I am so sorry @Gigi3
Losing our furbabies is like losing one of our kids, at least in my world.
{HUGS} to you and your family. I feel your pain.

Do we know when the cougar was allegedly sighted by LE? From the previous discussions I was thinking it was Tuesday or so. Yet, BM called MG on Monday morning saying a cat got her. Does anyone remember when it was seen at the house?
BM had the mountain lion/cougar in a cage in the basement and let it out when police were surveying the area.
Just kidding, mostly. I think leaving a bloody game head on the property might suffice.

Brother of missing Indiana native Suzanne Morphew leading volunteer search expedition

Sept 23, 2020 - 8:27PM

~snip

Morphew, 49, was reported missing on Mother’s Day after relatives were unable to reach her and asked a neighbor to check on her.

Phone records show her cell activity stopped the previous day, May 9, after she sent text messages to a friend whose wedding plans were disrupted by pandemic restrictions.

Moorman suspected his sister felt “isolated” and “lonely” in Colorado long before quarantine.

Her husband, Barry Morphew, relocated the family from Indiana to Colorado in spring 2018. He was an avid hunter who “liked the great outdoors” and adjusted quickly to life in Colorado, where their eldest daughter was attending college, according to Moorman.

Suzanne Morphew missed her friends and family in Indiana but charmed people in her new town.

“The few people that she met in the two years she was [in Colorado] are all in on this search,” Moorman said. “She made friends with hairdressers, restaurant owners [and people] every place she went in, and they all loved her. Every one of those people has stepped forward to help.”

Moorman helped mobilize an “army” of approximately 500 volunteers within weeks, including dozens of Hoosiers who knew Morphew and strangers from across the nation who were captivated by the investigation into her disappearance.

The volunteers will search mountainous areas surrounding the Morphews’ Salida home from Thursday through Sept. 29 with the support of the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office and the Colorado Bureau of Investigation. Volunteers will be checked in and out of searches daily to ensure safety. Medical personnel will be stationed at each checkpoint. Search activities will not extend past 4 p.m.

“I realize that what I’m looking for at this point is probably a person that’s passed and I’m prepared for that,” Moorman said. “But if they find her, I’m going to stop back immediately and I’m going to let the authorities take over. I don’t think that’s something I’m ready to see.”
~snip

More at link:
Brother of missing Indiana native Suzanne Morphew leading volunteer search expedition - WISH-TV | Indianapolis News | Indiana Weather | Indiana Traffic

You might be correct because it seems to me that some of these clips are from previous interviews. We hear him say that about a publicity stunt yesterday, when it could have been 10 days ago when it was recorded. But, still, that he said it at all is thoughtless and awful.
Perhaps BM has known AM longer than we have, it’s possible this sort of thing might have happened in the past. Hopefully, as the event moves forward, BM will be forced to reassess.
You are correct in pointing out how statements get taken out of context and time frame.

Those dirt roads though make a lot of sense off 285, out of range of any search efforts.

Agree... I can't get 285 out of my head. It's on way to Broomfield and its sparsely populated, vast, wild... especially the stretch between Buena Vista and Bailey. Lots and lots of places to hide a body, evidence etc... I have driven 285 several times in past and don't remember a ton of traffic.

Why was BM's friend so sure 'evidence' was being destroyed by LE?

I think BM actually intended for the Broomfield job to be done that weekend - whether or not it was an alibi he needed or because for some bizarre reason he wanted some of his workers out of town, it was a legit job. So during a relatively short window of time - between when he talked to JP on Saturday and when he got to Broomfield without the necessary tools for the job - something jammed up his plans about his tools.

Where was he supposed to get the right set of tools for the job? Did he not have them because he was in an awful hurry - or did he take the right tools, but for some reason needed to bleach and discard them?

It would be interesting to know the current whereabouts of the tools that BM should have left at HIE. Perhaps it's why he fired MG - if she's been working with him regularly, she'd know if certain tools were missing or suddenly replaced.

Someone has mentioned the possibility of SM being put on top of the tools - I think it might explain some things.

Saturday morning, 5/9/20. MG was with BM at the Salida dig site. She was under the impression that she would be working at all day. (SG)
11:00 a.m. BM suddenly tells MG she has to go home; that he has to go home and make his wife “happy” and take her hiking or biking.
This is a telling statement. SM is not happy. Why?
Did they have a fight earlier that morning, possibly about him going to Broomfield on MD?
Did she call him at the job site to tell him she was unhappy?
Was the unhappiness just about Mother’s Day or was it something that had been building up?
Did he go home angry and they continued to fight and BM harmed her?
Did he go home and take her “hiking or biking” and never brought her home?
Had they fought that morning or the night before and BM harmed her then? He went to the job site so MG wouldn’t be suspicious and outward appearances would appear normal. He began building an alibi.
MG stated that BM was acting strangely that day.
Lots of questions here. If answered in a certain way, those answers could point to premeditation.
MOO
Re the phrase “make her happy”...

I’ve been in the planned for a while / premeditated camp but that comment has me re-evaluating my thinking. If Barry had already harmed Suzanne when he said that to MG, why would he tell her that he had to go home to make Suzanne happy? It certainly leads to the thought that something was said...an argument, a fight, a spat. If he had already murdered Suzanne, I would think the last thing he’d want to do is give anyone the idea that some sort of disagreement was going on. I’m thinking Suzanne was still alive at that point. Did he get in the car and think about it and brood the entire way home, so that he was really furious when he got there?

Perhaps BM has known AM longer than we have, it’s possible this sort of thing might have happened in the past. Hopefully, as the event moves forward, BM will be forced to reassess.
You are correct in pointing out how statements get taken out of context and time frame.
What possible 'publicity stunt' might AM have pulled in the past?
I think it's much more probable that AM knows BM better than he's letting on.

Haha, the news of your death was much exaggerated.
Thanks! Fireflize, I've been invested here for 37 threads and 49 with Gannon. I want to at least hang in until Barry is charged, and see Letecia found guilty! Then I am fine to go :). God knows, I'm working really hard to stay out of TO, so the news of my early demise scared me a bit.

Last edited:
What possible 'publicity stunt' might AM have pulled in the past?
I think it's much more probable that AM knows BM better than he's letting on.
I think he's made it more than clear what he thinks of BM, if you take all the interviews as a whole. He's just not a guy who blurts it out but there it is.....SM was lonely and isolated, hint after hint revealing what AM thinks of BM.

Brother of missing Indiana native Suzanne Morphew leading volunteer search expedition

Sept 23, 2020 - 8:27PM

~snip

Morphew, 49, was reported missing on Mother’s Day after relatives were unable to reach her and asked a neighbor to check on her.

Phone records show her cell activity stopped the previous day, May 9, after she sent text messages to a friend whose wedding plans were disrupted by pandemic restrictions.

Moorman suspected his sister felt “isolated” and “lonely” in Colorado long before quarantine.

Her husband, Barry Morphew, relocated the family from Indiana to Colorado in spring 2018. He was an avid hunter who “liked the great outdoors” and adjusted quickly to life in Colorado, where their eldest daughter was attending college, according to Moorman.

Suzanne Morphew missed her friends and family in Indiana but charmed people in her new town.

“The few people that she met in the two years she was [in Colorado] are all in on this search,” Moorman said. “She made friends with hairdressers, restaurant owners [and people] every place she went in, and they all loved her. Every one of those people has stepped forward to help.”

Moorman helped mobilize an “army” of approximately 500 volunteers within weeks, including dozens of Hoosiers who knew Morphew and strangers from across the nation who were captivated by the investigation into her disappearance.

The volunteers will search mountainous areas surrounding the Morphews’ Salida home from Thursday through Sept. 29 with the support of the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office and the Colorado Bureau of Investigation. Volunteers will be checked in and out of searches daily to ensure safety. Medical personnel will be stationed at each checkpoint. Search activities will not extend past 4 p.m.

“I realize that what I’m looking for at this point is probably a person that’s passed and I’m prepared for that,” Moorman said. “But if they find her, I’m going to stop back immediately and I’m going to let the authorities take over. I don’t think that’s something I’m ready to see.”
~snip

More at link:
Brother of missing Indiana native Suzanne Morphew leading volunteer search expedition - WISH-TV | Indianapolis News | Indiana Weather | Indiana Traffic

Did you see the timeline shift in the video portion? It said 8 am Saturday morning was the abrupt end of texting with Suzanne’s friend regarding the wedding. That piece just keeps on moving.

So it was an officer who determined that it was a large male cat, probably from inside a car? I still would like to see an interview, just to get a hint how it is determined. IMO
Did we get the officers vs male cougar from BM or actual officers? Does anyone recall ? Or is there a link plz to this conversation.

I actually thought BM was referring to SM being seen earlier in the day, before she was reported missing. I’m not sure the exact time the girls got back, but it should have been after search had begun.
But you do raise a legitimate concern, I questioned in earlier threads, whether we had a stalking abduction/ mistaken identity. There is a remarkable resemblance.

Since BM didn't elaborate when speaking to Lauren (i.e. did not provide names of these two persons, or where or when the sighting occurred), we have no idea when these supposed witnesses say they saw SM.

But, I would not put it past BM to have heard through the grapevine that two persons reported having seen SM on Sunday and that LE later determined those persons were mistaken (they saw someone else who LE now knows was not SM) and yet BM nevertheless claims such a sighting occurred. Maybe that is why BM refused to provide any details.

When LS recently said that she is unaware that BM has an attorney that surprised me. But his recent comments sure make me believe that he doesn’t have one. How is that possible?
If Barry is driven by money, as AM has indicated, he may have met with an attorney and decided he didn’t want to part with any of his money for a retainer. IMO he’s arrogant enough to think he can handle everything himself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member