Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #38

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so... who's the FB smarty pants around here?

I'm just now seeing on SM's FB page, her last "check in" was a check in at Alexandria Indiana on 05.17.20

Why in the world would someone login to her FB and "check in" with her account when she'd been missing for a week? (Has this come up before, and I missed it entirely?)
Whoa! Only she could check herself in or someone logged in as her. Now she could be tagged by someone else but I don't think checked in. Would LE have her log in?

RT - Here's an image of the tracks behind the Morphew home Day 1 in Salida taken yesterday searching back and forth in that small area. More coming! #helpfindsuzannemoorman

https://twitter.com/187cjm/status/1309551638718357506?s=21

Ive always been curious about the dirt road that branches off the driveway and goes East. I believe it runs all the way back towards the RV park. It seems like an private and easy enough road to take to dispose of something late at night and not be noticed. You might even be able to pick up hwy 50 by the RV park and head back home that way. I hope they continue to search further East down that road.

For those who are interested in seeing where the search teams are this morning, here's a direct web link. Give it about 30 seconds or so for the data to appear.

map-morphew-search-sept-25.jpg
Brilliant! Thank you.

Unfortunately it is real. I spoke to someone on the search and they confirmed that they had seen it, and everyone who went had access to it.

It’s absolutely inevitable, as you’re going to have people participating who are very active in Facebook groups.

That’s the downside of this, and I’m sure we’ll hear more tidbits later today.

Hi everyone- Yes, someone shared what evidence was tagged and found yesterday. Shame on them, it was shared publicly and shouldn't have been. It's important to note that they do not know for sure how or IF any of those items are part of this case. They could very well be items that others have discarded. However, instructions were to report anything that DLR. As much as we want to know what's going on, I don't believe any WSer would want information at the expense of the case.

Today our tracker has changed and less info is available, probably directly related to this yesterday.

I'll try to upload photos later of the amazing efforts.

I wonder how he knows his exact property lines ? That's a lot of acreage to cover. is he out there again today I wonder?
JMO
There are usually surveying stakes at the corners of a property. In my area, they drive a galvanized pipe into the ground with about 10" left exposed above ground. Likely, you would not be aware of them unless you had an idea of where they were. They also use natural boundaries like river banks.

Especially since BM was a landscaper, he would be much more aware of where his property lines are than the rest of us.

Okay so... who's the FB smarty pants around here?

I'm just now seeing on SM's FB page, her last "check in" was a check in at Alexandria Indiana on 05.17.20

Why in the world would someone login to her FB and "check in" with her account when she'd been missing for a week? (Has this come up before, and I missed it entirely?)
It’s never been discussed here on WS that I am aware of, but it was definitely discussed in FB groups back then.
I think the general consensus was that someone at that location had tagged SM in a post.
Makes sense to me because a couple of years ago I was shocked to see that I had checked in at a campground in Missouri ( a state I’ve never visited.. plus I have my location turned OFF on FB). Turns out it was an old high school friend who tagged me in a photo she wanted me to see! JMO

Last night there was at least one post on social media that included a screenshot of a list of specific items that were found. There’s no way PE would have approved this.

I imagine that’s why the app is not being updated.

Ah - yes, I remember that. I bet you’re right. What a weekend ahead! (And next week will be interesting too).

Would be late, I think, to log in on SM's Fb. (05172020).

I should have added more content. I can see LE tech getting access to her FB account and looking around and just hitting something. I also wondered if the last ping supposedly being at her home was accurate or was that LE forcing her phone to ping? I might be way off. IMO

There are usually surveying stakes at the corners of a property. In my area, they drive a galvanized pipe into the ground with about 10" left exposed above ground. Likely, you would not be aware of them unless you had an idea of where they were. They also use natural boundaries like river banks.

Especially since BM was a landscaper, he would be much more aware of where property lines are than the rest of us.
He also would know, how to make HIS property a little bit wider, successful business man as he is? MOO :p

It’s never been discussed here on WS that I am aware of, but it was definitely discussed in FB groups back then.
I think the general consensus was that someone at that location had tagged SM in a post.
Makes sense to me because a couple of years ago I was shocked to see that I had checked in at a campground in Missouri ( a state I’ve never visited.. plus I have my location turned OFF on FB). Turns out it was an old high school friend who tagged me in a photo she wanted me to see! JMO
I think this is correct. I just checked friend of mine's check in and I tagged her this week at a location and it's showing she checked in. I did the check in, she didn't. So someone else checked SM in, imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18