Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #38

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI,

We have no evidence of a pending divorce or that Suzanne had or was going to file for divorce. There was speculation by her brother that he thought she "might be headed for divorce." (he speculated this based on his conversations with the friend she was texting and learning all may not have been going well in the marriage).

This is, unfortunately, how rumors gets started that then take on a life of their own. IMO.
Hmmm....
I guess I'll take AM's statement.
He didn't pull it out of thin air. There's more he's just not sharing at this time.

He did say, he didn't know all that FBI knows, but that he knew a bunch of it.

I trust the author, so I don’t care much about the publication itself.

She’s very well respected, and is followed by 16 journalists I’m following on Twitter. The helmet makes complete sense too, as it had to have been missing from the home to sell the bike ride.

Barry also referenced it in the note he scribbled.

Unless I missed it before...Not only did the reporter acknowledge that L/E had the helmet, the same paragraph is the first I have read where L/E acknowledges the bike.
"Investigators found Morphews Bicycle in a ravine on the Sunday she went missing, law enforcement investigators told the Denver Gazette that her turquoise bike helmet was found nearby days later. "

jmo[/QUOTE]
It’s never been discussed here on WS that I am aware of, but it was definitely discussed in FB groups back then.
I think the general consensus was that someone at that location had tagged SM in a post.
Makes sense to me because a couple of years ago I was shocked to see that I had checked in at a campground in Missouri ( a state I’ve never visited.. plus I have my location turned OFF on FB). Turns out it was an old high school friend who tagged me in a photo she wanted me to see! JMO
Investigators.

Speaking from experience yes. I once mixed bleach and spic and span to clean the tub. I can't express what a bad idea that was. I almost lost conscienceness before I could drag my carcass out of the bathroom. TIP of the day, Don't ever mix bleach with another substance.
Ammonia is BIG NO NO, the old cautions made me think you would cause an explosion, but I’ve seen newer cautions stressing noxious fumes...It’s so easy to be caught up in an extreme cleaning detail, you’re trying to get that last little stain, and €€€!!!! Spic n Span basis is ammonia, IIRC

This is reason #327 why it's so important that LE is releasing no info but the barest of details. People simply cannot keep their mouths shut and nothing would ever stay confidential. IMO

Yeah, this is why I don't think we will ever see, and don't see, many joint efforts searches between LE and the public. LE still asks for volunteer searchers but really not that often anymore. You might see them used more in the case of a missing child where they want all hands on deck and fast. IMO.

I can see the full detail record on a tracker icon (web client) by clicking on the icon and then clicking on "edit."

/nerd
Someone should email PE, that is so wrong to have it available. I'm not even signed in and I can see it. Local ppl aren't going to want every pervert or meth head in the area to see where they are.

I can't think of a single reason LE (or anyone else, for that matter) would have her account profile "checking in" to anything when she'd been missing for a week already.

What am I missing?
On my FB I can specify a legacy person with complete access to my FB page after I kick the bucket, or even share usage while I am alive.

Unless I missed it before...Not only did the reporter acknowledge that L/E had the helmet, the same paragraph is the first I have read where L/E acknowledges the bike.
"Investigators found Morphews Bicycle in a ravine on the Sunday she went missing, law enforcement investigators told the Denver Gazette that her turquoise bike helmet was found nearby days later. "
Starting with this search, I think the Genie is out of the Bottle..

I expect we will learn many more previously undisclosed facts this week.

I hope there will also be news of an arrest!

I hate the lack of news coverage today. It seems like all the Colorado news outlets sent reporters yesterday, as it was day 1. It looks like they’ve pulled back significantly.

I imagine the vigil will be well covered though.

It’s never been discussed here on WS that I am aware of, but it was definitely discussed in FB groups back then.
I think the general consensus was that someone at that location had tagged SM in a post.
Makes sense to me because a couple of years ago I was shocked to see that I had checked in at a campground in Missouri ( a state I’ve never visited.. plus I have my location turned OFF on FB). Turns out it was an old high school friend who tagged me in a photo she wanted me to see! JMO
This is correct.

I hate the lack of news coverage today. It seems like all the Colorado news outlets sent reporters yesterday, as it was day 1. It looks like they’ve pulled back significantly.

I imagine the vigil will be well covered though.
There will be a lot of news tonight. Probably another hour by PE not even counting the vigil.

Indeed they are much more secretive on the map today. Yesterday there were steps of searchers to follow, today there are much less searchers displayed. As somebody else already noted many of them are marked as automotive so I hope those are atv’s. None of it shows up as real tracks as yesterday. It’s better this way. I did found it concerning yesterday that everybody could see the real names of the participants.

Indeed they are much more secretive on the map today. Yesterday there were steps of searchers to follow, today there are much less searchers displayed. As somebody else already noted many of them are marked as automotive so I hope those are atv’s. None of it shows up as real tracks as yesterday. It’s better this way. I did found it concerning yesterday that everybody could see the real names of the participants.

I’m wondering if the ‘automotive’ tag is some reflection of the searchers vehicle being parked there but they are now out on foot. A lot of the green searcher tags are on roadways and marked ‘automotive’.

Last night there was at least one post on social media that included a screenshot of a list of specific items that were found. There’s no way PE would have approved this.

I imagine that’s why the app is not being updated.

Were the areas searched yesterday previously searched by CCSO, CBI, FBI, trained SAR and dogs?

If so, how did they miss all these items?

Unless, they ended up there after the previous searches, in which case their evidentiary value may be limited...IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPParadise