Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So strange to be "in the mix" yet so far out of the loop. I am fairly thick skinned and quite adventurous, I thought I was prepared. The day before arriving we hiked 4 miles from 9k to 11k elevation acclimating. Not far but taking everyone's advice.

I have been somewhat verklempt. I log in to Ws and i'm overrwhelmed by the number of pages and posts that I am behind. So I will do my best to catch up as we make our way home tomorrow.

I have taken photos all along, i've been reticent to share but I know other WSer's have and I am so happy they have. Last night was really emotional, it really depends on your source for the "take" on whether it was successful. I felt eerily similar to @NoSI.

Where is everyone? Even considering COVID. Why is it so quiet? Where were all or most of the searchers? To me it had a resounding sadness that I feel mirrored her life. A loving and vibrant woman taken out of her element and slowly but surely isolated. Nobody except AM spoke; which was beautiful btw, but also terribly sad. Nobody could speak, even via phone? I know everyone is exhausted, it's insane the ground that needs to be covered. I would imagine nobody is more tired both, emotionally and physically than AM. MM & MM weren't there, it was strange and almost surreal.
I'm not judging anyone for going/not going. It just left me tearful and hurt my heart that she still feels so isolated and quieted. ETA:
I wanted to get up on the stage and help. One of those weird moments you go back and visit often. Wondering, did I do the right thing? No photo show, no memories, no friends, no music. Nothing. I felt most sad that if she could sense the gathering, it would have made her even more sad. I hope that makes some sense..

I did not see BM nor TN (the infamous nephew) nor any of Team BM for that matter, or I should say not that I know of. I always felt like he was watching, not only did he brow beat his loved ones, I think he does that to most everyone in his life. The tension was palpable yet I could never put my finger on exactly why. Beyond the loss of this beautiful soul, it seems tension and an anger are BM's baseline... MOO

I understand the photo that PE shared tonight of BM lying on the hill was taken in the initial search AM took part in the first few days following her disappearance. One of the guys he was searching with thought it was really strange and just snapped a photo to show AM later. That's my understanding of that photo!

Today, IMO there was a tad of enthusiasm in the air. I felt it anyway. I understand there were some great leads and possibly some very important pieces of the puzzle located. I hope that is the case. I saw some beautiful country, an amazing community of good hearted people out trying to do the right thing. Nothing at all in it for them, they just want justice. I also just read the search ends tomorrow? The emails I have (as a searcher) say it is from 9/24-9/29. I have nothing saying that has changed??

I'll close by saying the last time I felt this faith in humanity and overwhelming sadness concurrently was when I traveled to ground zero after 9/11. If you are from the area, you likely knew some or many that were taken that day. This had a similar vibe. A strong sense of community, bonded by a terrible travesty.

We never heard what happened to LS. There were some rumors but last night I know people were scratching their heads.

Thank you all for the support. I'll get caught up. #justiceforsuzaane #findsuzanne #shinebrightforsuzanne #bringsuzannehome
What a sincere and thoughtful post. I’ve been wanting to hear from you. I can surely imagine that the experience has been all sorts of emotional, as well as physically taxing. Thank you for sharing with us. <3

I am confused, If that is px of BM, who is photographer? someone has said it is a re-enactment?which brings up another question, who is the person who relayed this to AM?

I get very confused with AMs recollections, and I think I need printed transcript to refer to. I thought I heard AM say he was with BM when he laid on the ground, now we are trying to find out who relayed this story to AM. Is this some form of bad editing? I assumed it was px of BM, now I don’t think so, that was a private moment, whoever was with him...

JMVHO

BBM:

That was not a private moment.

It was a public performance.

BM was lying out in a wide open space, in a public outdoor environment, where he knew there were others around, i.e, where he knew he had an audience.

It was all done for effect. He wasn't seeking privacy. He was seeking attention.

Had BM been all alone there, he never would have prostrated himself there at the world's flattest bluff in the first place.

That bluff was flat in more ways than one.

JMO.

{{HUGS}}
Bless you TKG
Thank you for your thoughts tonight.
I am glad you haven't heard of search ending tomorrow.
I am sensing the "vibe" you and @NoSI felt about the vigil.
Bless you both for being there.
I am still feeling positive about the search and realize we are all not privy to info out there.

Echoing my thanks, @TKG .

No, not at all. That is the last thing on my mind.

I'm thinking in terms of evidence presentation to a jury.

I strongly suspect BM is guilty. I want every single piece of possible evidence that may convict him as fool-proof as possible.

That's all.
I’m confident that the CBI and FBI have many forensic scientists who specialize in analyzing and authenticating digital photographs. JMO

Super post!

Ohhhh I am hoping they find her there. It would be the nail in BMs coffin if they did!
Yes be great if she is there at the beach site.
Is anyone else scratching their head about this possibility though?
All the amazing secluded wilderness of Colorado...to pick a waters edge? That rises and falls???
wouldn't he surely know that a rivers edge is the most likely place for erosion and the possibility of a body exposing itself over time???
no matter how great a wall he was building.... I mean, that's why he was there building the wall...to help with the erosion:confused:

Think he would have been better off pulling a chad daybell and burying her in his own yard.....IMO less chances of her actually being found at home with his 'expertise' and resources avail to him.
The property is big and remote enough that he just might have pulled it off.

But we don't know yet, it's exciting to have HOPE for the time being.
We are rooting for you ANDY!!:):)

MOO

Thank you to our members who went to the search and updated us on what was happening. Andy appreciates all of you!

Thanks to all the members who keep Suzanne's case alive on these threads. More people than you realize depend on you to keep Suzanne's info updated. You all do a fantastic job.

To our wonderful moderators,
Websleuths would not be operating if not for your dedication and hard work. I will never be able to thank you
enough for all you do.

Tricia
Thank you for having us here, Tricia! You're pretty wonderful yourself!

BBM:

BM was lying out in a wide open space, in a public outdoor environment, where he knew there were others around, i.e, where he knew he had an audience.

It was all done for effect. He wasn't seeking privacy. He was seeking attention.

Had BM been all alone there, he never would have prostrated himself there at the world's flattest bluff in the first place.

JMO.

I would like to make a suggestion to Webslueths:

I would like an "applause & standing ovation" button for posts!

Thank you to our members who went to the search and updated us on what was happening. Andy appreciates all of you!

Thanks to all the members who keep Suzanne's case alive on these threads. More people than you realize depend on you to keep Suzanne's info updated. You all do a fantastic job.

To our wonderful moderators,
Websleuths would not be operating if not for your dedication and hard work. I will never be able to thank you
enough for all you do.

Tricia
I did not hear anything today that search is ending tomorrow. Where is this coming from?

That's what I just said!

@Tricia -- it doesn't follow that PE disclosed the search ends tomorrow only to you. Registered WS members on the search do not know this, no tweet by Chris, and PE did not announce this on their own podcast this evening!

Can you shed some light on this decision that nobody knows about?

So concerned for our members in Salida @TKG and @NoSI. Thank you.

BBM:

JMO.

and there was even a buddy there to capture it on film! how lucky!

code 5= stake out.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 07.27.05.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 07.27.05.png
    79 KB · Views: 103
I thought LE processed that site previously, wondering why no hits then, or maybe K9s were not utilized at that time?
I enlarged a screenshot from the original search flyover and I didn't even see footprints in that beach sand. I doubt it was ever searched. Honestly I think they just thought it was a beach area not a dig site. There's no plumbing or footers involved so it appeared to just be a surface improvement to LE. moo of course

Wow, if this spot at the riverfront is where SM's remains were placed (OR as Chris says, where a piece of equipment was used that had earlier been used to dispose of those remains elsewhere), that would explain why BM got JP and MG working at a location in Broomfield far away from that riverfront site late Sunday and also why BM got so nasty about MG and JP talking with LE.

I think it's the same reason that the FBI dug up areas of the concrete slab at the same location. Cadaverine was mixed in with earth used at the site from perhaps a body being buried elsewhere.

I think it's the same reason that the FBI dug up areas of the concrete slab at the same location. Cadaverine was mixed in with earth used at the site from perhaps a body being buried elsewhere.
So is this the reason BM is carrying the Bobcat on the trailer behind his truck? Trying to control who has access to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoopE