Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never post on here, though I have been quietly following along. Tonight was the first time I was able to catch the PE live. Curious as to why Mike said to keep 5 in mind. Thoughts??

It is very curious! Mike mentioned it in context with Bruce Lee and his 5 fingers. I don't know much about Bruce Lee so I googled it. It brought up a martial arts move that he was famous for called the 1 inch punch. This is what I found...

"No feat of martial arts is more impressive than Bruce Lee's famous strike, the one-inch punch. From a single inch away, Lee was able to muster an explosive blow that could knock opponents clean off the ground."

Again, I know nothing about Bruce Lee but Mike said it had to do with him. Maybe he's saying they are soooo close to knocking BM on his *ss. JMO

It is very curious! Mike mentioned it in context with Bruce Lee and his 5 fingers. I don't know much about Bruce Lee so I googled it. It brought up a martial arts move that he was famous for called the 1 inch punch. This is what I found...

"No feat of martial arts is more impressive than Bruce Lee's famous strike, the one-inch punch. From a single inch away, Lee was able to muster an explosive blow that could knock opponents clean off the ground."

Again, I know nothing about Bruce Lee but Mike said it had to do with him. Maybe he's saying they are soooo close to knocking BM on his *ss. JMO

I like this analogy!

...........and the vegetation in September is the same as the vegetation in May? IMO
Why are you insisting the photo depicted of BM at White Pines is from Sept? It's clear the photo was taken May 13 to all that listened to the PE broadcast this evening. The vegetation is moot here. o_O

ETA: see both photos by @MassGuy below.

Last edited:
Why are you insisting the photo depicted at White Pines is from Sept? It's clear the photo was taken from May 13 to all that listened to the PE broadcast this evening. The vegetation is moot here. o_O

Should this photo be presented in a court of law as evidence, I can see BM's defense attorneys contesting when said photo was taken, based on the foliage.

I could be completely wrong, but I would think there would be seasonal vegetation at that location.

JMVHO.

I'm not a big fan of the nugget drops without context, but I'm used to it. My brother is former LE and he used to do the same thing all the time. In a way it's kind of their way of talking about the case without talking about the case, and sort of venting, without giving away any compromising details. Brother used to say stuff like "okay I'll say this much, and then you think about what that means in context of what you know, then you get back to me". And then he'd say something like "think about green fabric, and what's the first thing you think of made from green fabric" (sounds like Chris on PE, eh?) Drove me nuts, I assure you.

But every time, after the case was over, it made perfect sense, and it was never anything that would have compromised the case. He didn't do it to be annoying (although he later admitted that was a bonus) he did it to let off some steam because, LE are people too and they need to talk about stuff. (PE's "Choir Practice" is all about that).

Bringing it back into context of SM's case, the level of attention on this case is now massive, compared to many we all follow. There is (obviously) a lot of details that the PE guys know but can't share and it must be real hard to sit on their hands right now.

Just a little context & hoping it helps. :)
I appreciate this! Thank you for replying. My brain has been working overtime thinking about this case (and of course my own life), so I’ve run out of capacity and patience to solve riddles. But this is MY current shortcoming. I know the other Websleuthers will do the thinking for me on this topic!

Last edited:
per mike + chris:

the bureau has taken over the beach area.

what happens next?

the agent who got the info (or the sheriff's dept) will bring in their own dogs to work the scent, to see if that dog gets a bigger hit. from that point, they will get a telephonic search warrant. what that means is they'll call a judge, type up their probable cause, and get on a 3-way call with the DA, the judge, and the investigating officer. the scene will be closed off and protected by LE.

once that's done, they will bag and tag. we will know if it's something significant once it's an archeological dig.

Thank you to our members who went to the search and updated us on what was happening. Andy appreciates all of you!

Thanks to all the members who keep Suzanne's case alive on these threads. More people than you realize depend on you to keep Suzanne's info updated. You all do a fantastic job.

To our wonderful moderators,
Websleuths would not be operating if not for your dedication and hard work. I will never be able to thank you
enough for all you do.

Tricia

Should this photo be presented in a court of law as evidence, I can see BM's defense attorneys contesting when said photo was taken, based on the foliage.

I could be completely wrong, but I would think there would be seasonal vegetation at that location.

JMVHO.
I can't read the stamp at the header but I imagine the photo with BM dated May (per PE), and the photo that was taken today of the same location (with the different sky and missing tree) is also date stamped as today. MOO

Act II, Scene IV…Okay, BM, in this scene, you're a distraught husband out searching for his missing wife, suddenly finding yourself completely overcome with emotion and unable to go on.
Ready? Aaaaaaaaaand: Action!

JMO.

And don't forget to have someone take a photo of you while in your throes of despair. "You're a natural Barry. A natural!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Venusflytrap100