Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
well the police have his phone. If she calls Or a ransom calls the police will intercept it. Same as the daughters phone. Maybe it’s not a priority to get a phone right away. Maybe he’s looking for his wife.
But do the police keep a cell phone that's in evidence charged and at the ready at all times? If you were waiting for a kidnapper to call, the police would have to pick an officer to take that phone everywhere, including home, which would be crazy.

Do we know what time Barry got back home on Sunday night?
If the house has just recently been shut down, did Barry stay there a few nights after returning home before LE wouldn’t let him stay?

it would seem to me that Barry could look around her closet and clothes to see what biking outfit was missing. Most husbands know what their wives bike in.

For the bike to be found sitting up, that tells me it was staged. Had she encountered a person on the trail, she would not have walked off and left the bike and helmet. If she was forced off the bike, I would have left my helmet on for protection and left the bike laying down so passerbyers would realize something had happened.

<modsnip: There is nothing in MSM to support this statement>
She could have propped it up nicely to rest, drink water, and look at the pretty view. It's the perfect time to nab someone. Much harder to snatch a woman careening downhill.

Someone holding a gun could always order you to pick up a bike that you threw on the ground if they didn't want to leave an obviously violent crime scene behind for passersby to notice and wanted it to look like a suicide (or whatever). You wouldn't get to decide if you kept your helmet on either. At that point you've totally lost control of the situation and can't decide how you want things to look or go down.

Last edited:
I guess it depends on the person. My dad would definitely not get another cell phone because he’s not attached like I am and barely ever uses his. So with that said I don’t know if I find it that odd that he hasn’t replaced it. It would definitely depend on how much he used his cell phone.
Is your dad retired? My dad is and barely uses his phone. A younger man who is a volunteer firefighter, has young women as daughters, and is the business owner of an outdoor business will always have need for a phone! Plus he's going to need to talk to "the kidnappers," his daughters, her family, her family, his attorney, his clients, his realtor, the police, even if he doesn't want to. And talk about looking suspicious if you don't get a phone when your wife is gone--that's off the charts dumb.

Last edited:
I doubt cops would take the phone if his alibi was rock solid and verifiable.
I doubt cops would take the phone if his alibi was rock solid and verifiable.
Ohhh, they would still want his phone. His alibi being rock solid does not mean that he didn't contract a killer. Also, he could have done something in the days before he left for his supposed "alibi trip." Lastly, if he had a girlfriend, she might have done something without his knowledge. So there are many good reasons for the police to take the phone, even with a good alibi.

Last edited:
I am not able to keep up with the pace of the news. As I understand it, it was reported that someone saw her on her bike on May 10. Now, the media is reporting that nobody saw her. Why the change? And when was the last time she was seen by someone? If her husband was gone on May 10, when did he leave home? I assume whenever he left home would be the last time he saw her.
No change. No one has ever seen HER on her bike. Just reported that they found her bike. You can't assume the last time he saw her was the day he left because he could have hurt her a few days before that.

So this 200k reward is for her safe return only? There is no reward for information leading to the arrest/conviction of the person that allegedly abducted her?

Also in regards to the 100k offered by " a friend " has this friend ever been identified? How do we know BM didn't just make this friend and second reward offer up himself?
Why would he want to do that?

Last edited:
Maybe I’m just obtuse, but what’s the purpose of having cameras if they don’t record?
So you can check in real time online or on your phone to see traffic conditions for commuting purposes or to see just how backed up traffic is due to that terrible wreck or just how high the flood waters are or how much of the big rig oil spill has been cleaned up.

Last edited:
It's heart-wrenching to hear -- or just read, the pleas of a distraught husband or parent when their loved one is suddenly missing.

I can't judge the true feelings of anybody by a 50-second soundbite but I can say that when I tried to compare the husband's plea from last Sunday to missing Madison's daddy's plea for his missing 18-year-old daughter, I couldn't. And it wasn't because of the emotion or lack of or timing. The problem was I couldn't remember what the husband said to or about his wife.

On the other hand, I don't think I'll ever forget the simple but powerful words for the later:

“Just please come home," Bill Bell, Maddie’s dad, said. "I know you’re tough, do what you can. If you have to fight, whatever. Just come home safe and sound, that’s all I want.

“It seems like a nightmare,” Bell continued. “She had to be abducted, because she’s not going to miss my birthday and all the senior events, because that’s what she looked forward to.

"Whoever has her, please drop her off. We won’t say nothing to you as long as she’s home safe and sound.”

I don't know. Maybe the difference is that I felt Mr. Bell speaking to his child and her captors. too. Did you feel him just reading his words?

Maybe the husband should have let his daughters appeal to their mom and/or her alleged abductors?

Maybe it's not such a good idea to wait a whole week to make an appeal to and for your missing spouse.

Maybe it's a better idea to remain silent if you know that nobody is listening.

Warmth, strength, and comfort to SM's family, friends, and the searchers to bring her home soon.

MOO

Prayer vigil held for Maddie Bell, Ohio teen missing since Sunday

Last edited:
No change. No one has ever seen HER on her bike. Just reported that they found her bike. You can't assume the last time he saw her was the day he left because he could have hurt her a few days before that.
According to the Nancy Grace article, the neighbor did see Suzanne on her bike. The Daily Mail claims that no-one saw her on her bike but when they approached Ritter, she declined to comment.

So I'm not sure which to believe.

Ummmm, what if his missing wife tries to call him?

Remember in the HB case how everyone made so much of SC silencing his ringing phone during an interview? That has made me super wary of reading into that sort of thing. But I'm sure if they are expecting a phone call from her, it's in good hands. But IMO, it's more likely that it's being forensically studied. Do we know how long it's been in LE's possession?

According to the Nancy Grace article, the neighbor did see Suzanne on her bike. The Daily Mail claims that no-one saw her on her bike but when they approached Ritter, she declined to comment.

Did Nancy Grace give a source for the claim? I think the DM article quotes the stepmother of one of Suzanne's daughter's friends. It's likely that she got the information from the daughter and not from other news sources.

Good morning my WS peeps! You took it easy on me over night and I was only 6 pages behind this morning.

Praying this is the day Suzanne is found, though sadly with all that’s been revealed lately, I think it’s going to be harder to accomplish that any time soon.

Also sad to think hoping she really was kidnapped for ransom IS the case, but that ship sailed/sank/never left the dock a long time ago.

My heart hurts for her daughters and family, especially with evidence being removed from the home. Can’t imagine how her daughters must feel wondering what could’ve happened in their own home while they were away.

as always MOO

IMO Nancy got it wrong - if it happened we would have had a description of what she was wearing and we don’t JMO

Hi all - I've been following the case, but may be behind on the boards... just a thought...

Perhaps SM's neighbor was out and about on Mother's Day and saw the bike, called BM and realized that the last anyone had seen her was taking off on a bike ride... perhaps on 5/8? BM tried calling 911, but couldn't connect in the right area since he was out of town and called back and asked the neighbor to call?

That could account for the "went for a ride", the bike being found, and why the neighbor called 911.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member