Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This struck me as odd, from the beginning. It makes zero sense that LE would risk that people even know how to save footage. How many even know how often it gets over written? I don't on mine, plus online is different than local storage, and local storage can vary by memory card size. It just screams that they are saying "it's cool, we've got this figured out."
What's odd about knowing (or learning) the full capabilities of your security cam software? These capabilities are documented and available for the consumer, by the manufacturer.

What's odd about knowing (or learning) the full capabilities of your security cam software? These capabilities are documented and available for the consumer, by the manufacturer.

What's odd is that LE would trust that people know how to do that if the footage was needed to help solve or prosecute a crime. If the footage was important they would have collected it day one. Wasn't the "bike" witness in her 70's? Ever have any experience helping seniors with technology. No way LE leaves that to the user if they thought the footage was key.

What's odd is that LE would trust that people know how to do that if the footage was needed to help solve or prosecute a crime. If the footage was important they would have collected it day one. Wasn't the "bike" witness in her 70's? Ever have any experience helping seniors with technology. No way LE leaves that to the user if they thought the footage was key.
Perhaps that message was meant to rattle someone then?
JMO

Agree Mr. X, plus as I understand, this area has a lot of vacation homes, unoccupied. The video (?) would just continually overlap I suppose. As to the technology, we have a system, because of this story I looked into how to save it, still unsure.

JMO
What’s odd is they didn’t ask people to watch the footage during the time frame given and if you see something send it in. They just said hold it, nothing more which is kinda rude bc you know everyone one of them went back to the video and watched those four hours looking for something and could all just have wasted their time. Or what if someone does find something, are they not supposed to send it to the police? Lol

FYI, Crime Online, NG has an updated podcast up today: "Gorgeous Colorado mom missing: Was her bike found UNDER a bridge?"

Crime Online
This totally occurred to me, and I almost posted, but I noticed that most of our approved sources said "on" the bridge. But what if it were found "at" or "by" a bridge--and was in fact "under" and someone in the media information chain just assumed "on". It wouldn't be the first time.

This would explain why the bike wasn't stolen (no, for whoever asked, people in Colorado aren't "more honest"--they will steal unattended sports equipment disturbingly fast, has happened to pretty much everyone I know) and why LE jumped on this "missing person" with FBI, CBI, dogs etc. right quick. And why the water searches.

On the other hand, we've heard a ton of rumors about where and in what condition the bike was found and they can't all be true. Very curious--absolutely itching in fact--to eventually get verified facts on this.

It’s so odd that SM’s bike wasn’t stolen. Maybe people are more honest in Colorado.
Not necessarily more honest, but it's definitely common here to see bikes left unattended. I live about an hour north of Salida. The area around Salida and Buena Vista (and west over Monarch Pass to Crested Butte) is popular with mountain bikers. Mountain biking is pretty much a lifestyle for residents in that area.

Last edited:
JMO

Good call...kinda like don’t make this hard or drag things out, we know you did it so just tell us now. Otherwise we will go door to door if that’s what it takes to get the footage in addition to what we already have and the result will still be your arrest for murder So stop delaying the inevitable and tell us where she is.

hypotheitically speaking regarding vague the video threat...def makes sense to remind someone they won’t get away with it because cameras are literally everywhere and mentioning a specific time frame is another nudge we know it was you so talk

Last edited:
What’s odd is they didn’t ask people to watch the footage during the time frame given and if you see something send it in. They just said hold it, nothing more which is kinda rude bc you know everyone one of them went back to the video and watched those four hours looking for something and could all just have wasted their time. Or what if someone does find something, are they not supposed to send it to the police? Lol
and we just saw in Gannon's case how important it became when the neighbor watched his video and saw the Truck leave with Gannon and LS and then LS return without him -that was widely reported - anyone in CO I would think would know about that as he did interviews and it was carried nationally
IMO

Mystery around Suzanne Morphew’s Mother’s Day disappearance grows as friend says 'nobody saw her on bike'
'NOBODY SAW HER'
snipped
Mystery around Suzanne Morphew’s Mother’s Day disappearance grows as friend says ‘nobody saw her on bike’
  • Nicole Darrah, News Reporter
  • New York
  • 21 May 2020, 16:53
  • Updated: 21 May 2020, 17:33

A FRIEND of a missing mom who supposedly disappeared during a bike ride on Mother’s Day has claimed “nobody saw her on her bicycle.”

Suzanne Morphew, 49, hasn’t been seen since May 10, when a neighbor reported her missing after she apparently didn’t return home after a bike ride.

Suzanna Morphew, 49, hasn't been seen since Mother's DayCredit: Facebook
But her daughter’s friend’s mother claims “nobody actually saw her on her bicycle, sadly,” according to Crime Online.

“The neighbors up there are spread pretty far apart but the only reason they found out [she was missing] is because the girls called the neighbors and said, ‘We never heard from mom — can you go check on her?'” the friend’s stepmother said.

But, per the report, no one actually saw Morphew, who lives in Colorado, on a bike.

The Chaffee County Sheriff's Office has been searching for her with help from the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, as well as the FBI.

I will admit to not having watched the video, and maybe there's something to the above theory. But if I recall correctly, the family (father? boyfriend?) of Mollie Tibbetts also seemed very convinced that someone had taken her and she was being held somewhere. People suspected it was a hoping-against-hope attitude that she might still be alive that was keeping her loved ones going throughout the search process. Of course, she was found to have been killed while out jogging, by a relatively random stranger. Just playing devil's advocate here, is it not possible BM is being desperately hopeful in a rather hopeless situation?

You make a good point. I guess my point is that we certainly aren't looking at a traditional case of kidnapping / ransom here, as no such demands have been made. But that may not be what he was suggesting when he said "no questions asked; however much they want." He may have simply been saying something like: if you have been taken by someone, and if you are still alive, I am happy to pay these people anything in order to get you back. That's true. And you're right that that's what Mr. Tibbetts was hoping/thinking after Mollie had been missing for a time, i.e., that maybe someone had grabbed her but that she was still alive. Somehow I feel like there was more reason to believe that in that case, though, and I think this has to do with how remote of a location we are talking about in this case. Yes, Mollie Tibbetts went missing in a small Iowa town after going for a run, but her running route took her past countless homes, stores, parking lots and was said to be near a major trucking route; in this case, Suzanne's bike route would've taken her past almost no one. That's why I find it harder to believe the "someone grabbed her" theory. And because I find this theory improbable, that makes me wonder why Barry is promoting it in his video. As you say, it might just be "wishful thinking" on his part, but it feels more like narrative-building to me.

I asked my wife about this and she agreed. She could probably show LE where our camera is, but has no idea how to access or control.

right and the cops know this too yet there is no urgency at all which implies they really don’t think it will be necessary or possibly know already they won’t need any footage from anyone even if there is some showing the suspect bc it would just confirm what they already know

Yea - this just feels like they know what happened. They probably find it refreshing, with the lock down and rural area, to be able to just do Police Work without having to give pressers every couple hours.

Probably completely unrelated (and IDK if this is allowed on here...apologies if it's not sourced straight from the SJC's SO's FB page), but I just got this notification:
San Juan County Sheriff's Office, Colorado
1 hr·
We have come to believe that someone in the region picked up a stranded motorist on HWY 550 at approximately MP41 last night and dropped her off in Silverton. If it is you, or you know who it was as I'm sure they had an interesting tale to tell, please have them call our dispatch 970-387-5531 and leave contact info. You are in no way in trouble, we just have potentially important info to share, and also hope to gain some more info on the stranded party. Appreciate you help with this matter, Sheriff Conrad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1