Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time watcher, first time posting. This may have been posted already, it’s been moving fast!
Last year firefighter calendar tryouts were in Denver May 11, 2019. Mothers Day was the 12th. For the 2021 calendar it was May 9 from 6-10 pm
Home - Colorado Firefighter Calendar

However a pop up came up and said it was cancelled.

I found that last night and thought... "nahhh".
And then thought "well... maybe?"
I mean sure, it's possible.

However I suspect it was posted long before the 9th that it had already been cancelled.
As in, no reason to drive all the way there and then go "woops, cancelled, have to go home now".

jmo

I would love to be able to hear the 911 call from the neighbor.

I am curious where the bike ride idea initially came from. When the girls called the neighbor, was it a "She might have gone for a bike ride because she likes doing that. Can you check if her bike is home?" Or did she (via text or phone call) tell them the day prior she was going biking on MD?

I found that last night and thought... "nahhh".
And then thought "well... maybe?"
I mean sure, it's possible.

However I suspect it was posted long before the 9th that it had already been cancelled.

Hit send too soon. I know, I had same thought, but then thought it was an interesting event that coincided... but it was clearly cancelled

Well I WAS caught up.....quick thought. MOO/speculation obviously. So the bike was found on a nearby bridge (condition of bike still unknown) but another personal item was found in another location as far as we know? I can understand a perp (stranger abductor or otherwise) staging the bike for lots of reasons, but would they stage another personal item in another location?

Staging the bike says (to me) hey look here! Something happened here!

Staging a second item in a separate location would muddy the waters but would it serve the perp’s intentions in some way? Trying to think of a scenario. If they want LE to think something happened where the bike was found - wouldn’t a second item elsewhere draw attention away from their initial diversion of the bike?

The only thing that keeps coming to mind would be if she WAS abducted where the bike was found, or even from her home and the bike was staging, if she somehow managed to throw a personal item from a moving vehicle, etc.?

Sure would like to know why that wit thought he’d seen a vehicle that didn’t belong (paraphrasing). Sure would like to know so many many things.

I’ve leaned pretty hard off the fence from the beginning that something happened at the house prior to the 10th. The DM article, for what it’s worth, certainly wants to shove me right off the fence, though I confess I was leaning so far it wouldn’t take much.

Hmm. Hypothetically if I was going to do something criminal, I wouldn't give an alibi of something like a conference or a training because I know LE can so very easily follow up on that to make sure 1) it happened and 2) I was there. I mean, I guess unless I froze in the moment and had a total brain fart. Just

Last edited:
Does anyone know who this information about BM being at firefighting training originally came from? I thought family had said he was in Denver on a work-related trip, but has anyone in the family specified that it was firefighting related? Is the media just running with an assumption that work = firefighting although he's just a volunteer and his day job is in landscaping?

I'd be surprised if he was in Denver specifically for firefighting training. Every major training/conference event I know of has been postponed or cancelled. Traveling out of one's county is so strongly discouraged right now that most local governments have cancelled work travel for all employees for the forseeable future.

Even before COVID, it would be uncommon for a volunteer FFer from this part of the state to ever need to travel that far for training. There's typically plenty of opportunities much closer. Colorado Mountain College has a very robust firefighter training program and most of these departments are capable of hosting nearly all training in-house.

I actually think that this case is moving along quickly, and is being handled well. My guess is that they are waiting for more GPS or phone records to come in, along with test results from new evidence they were seen collecting at the house. For what it's worth, the spray bottle is, in my opinion, Luminol.

For me, the DM article backs up everything I've been thinking...and that's probably all I can say about that without getting in trouble.

So, was Nancy Grace and her team wrong then about the neighbor seeing her leave on the bike ride? It sounds like it, if we are to assume the DM article is correct.

If so, what GARBAGE, NG. Why I wasted my time last night listening to that podcast I don’t know.

ETA: Let’s see...who’s more reliable, NG or the DM? Neither. Lol

If they had a search warrant they had probable cause. A judge won't sign a warrant without credible information to go on. IMO they have a POI they just haven't publicly named the person yet.

I'm not sure they had a warrant, maybe just consent from BM to go ahead with the search.
Unless it's been reported somewhere & I missed it.
Possible, this thread is moving so fast I don't even recall clicking on thread #4.

In the Uncle Bob article (which I cant find now) I thought someone said he was living in Indiana and she in Co. Which makes sense. He has to work the business.

So, maybe the FF school in Denver was a way to explain absence in Indiana and a reason to explain his presence in the Denver area?

I tried going back to Thread #3 but my phone keeps switching me back to 4.
Could someone bring that article forward? It was "The Uncle Bob interview". TIA
Is this the one you want?

“Everybody loves Suzanne and Barry,” family member wants Chaffee County mother’s safe return

28619534-8340119-image-m-54_1589980508161.jpg

Is that carpet?

Long time watcher, first time posting. This may have been posted already, it’s been moving fast!
Last year firefighter calendar tryouts were in Denver May 11, 2019. Mothers Day was the 12th. For the 2021 calendar it was May 9 from 6-10 pm
Home - Colorado Firefighter Calendar

However a pop up came up and said it was cancelled.
I didn’t know they had tryouts! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members