Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible. ^^^

Maybe someone worked for them and there's a record of payment made ?
And so BM said to LE : "You'll find payment receipts there in my desk; and you need to look at this person and ask him questions . He worked for us, and was a suspicious character !"

Did he really say this?

From the previous thread:
Pak31 said:
Finally caught up so now I’m going to read the DM article. All along I’ve wondered is the so called bike ride ever happened. Especially with the cryptic words of the nephew. I just couldn’t believe that the neighbor had her eyes on SM all the time to know what she was doing. What about the claim SM supposedly told her neighbor is she doesn’t come back call police? Was that true or assumed? Learning that she wasn’t happy there since the move is huge info. Which now does make the question way they moved there a decent one. Why uproot if you love where you currently live? Unless it was to be closer to the daughter at college there. I don’t want to speculate.

The Daily Mail story says that she WAS happy there....maybe you misread?

Other friends spoke of the family in glowing terms, noting that Suzanne had been happy living in Colorado since moving to the state from Alexandria, Indiana, in July 2018.

Also, I don't think there was ever ANY truth to the claim that SM told a neighbor if she didn't return to call the police. I think someone simply made that assumption on social media and it caught legs like it was fact, but there was absolutely nothing to substantiate that claim imo.
Her family said she was very happy in colorado. Where does it say she wasn't?

Finally a media person (Andy Johnstone for DailyMail.com) made his way to the Morphew property/neighborhood to cover what's going on --- Woohoo! Was the media in Colorado Springs and Denver not willing to put the resources in needed to report and investigate? The media is an "essential business," so COVID doesn't explain their lack of coverage to date.

Long time watcher, first time posting. This may have been posted already, it’s been moving fast!
Last year firefighter calendar tryouts were in Denver May 11, 2019. Mothers Day was the 12th. For the 2021 calendar it was May 9 from 6-10 pm
Home - Colorado Firefighter Calendar

However a pop up came up and said it was cancelled.
bbm
This is huge. ^^^
Thanks !

So, did the calendar photographers neglect to let people know it was canceled, and the tryout men showed up anyway ?
Anything else going on in Denver ?
Speculation : At this time, I'd like to know what information can be gleaned from gps on the vehicles.
Imo.

Hmm. Hypothetically if I was going to do something criminal, I wouldn't give an alibi of something like a conference or a training because I know LE can so very easily follow up on that to make sure 1) it happened and 2) I was there. I mean, I guess unless I froze in the moment and had a total brain fart. Just MOO

Hmm. Hypothetically if I was going to do something criminal, I wouldn't give an alibi of something like a conference or a training because I know LE can so very easily follow up on that to make sure 1) it happened and 2) I was there. I mean, I guess unless I froze in the moment and had a total brain fart. Just MOO

Criminals aren't usually that bright.

From the previous thread:
Pak31 said:
Finally caught up so now I’m going to read the DM article. All along I’ve wondered is the so called bike ride ever happened. Especially with the cryptic words of the nephew. I just couldn’t believe that the neighbor had her eyes on SM all the time to know what she was doing. What about the claim SM supposedly told her neighbor is she doesn’t come back call police? Was that true or assumed? Learning that she wasn’t happy there since the move is huge info. Which now does make the question way they moved there a decent one. Why uproot if you love where you currently live? Unless it was to be closer to the daughter at college there. I don’t want to speculate.

The Daily Mail story says that she WAS happy there....maybe you misread?

Other friends spoke of the family in glowing terms, noting that Suzanne had been happy living in Colorado since moving to the state from Alexandria, Indiana, in July 2018.

Also, I don't think there was ever ANY truth to the claim that SM told a neighbor if she didn't return to call the police. I think someone simply made that assumption on social media and it caught legs like it was fact, but there was absolutely nothing to substantiate that claim imo.
Thanks for clearing that up!! Also in my comment I said something about learning she wasn’t happy there. I was sure I read that in the last thread from someone referring to the Daily Mail story but when I read it(the DM article), it said she WAS happy. So now I’m confused.

If they had a search warrant they had probable cause. A judge won't sign a warrant without credible information to go on. IMO they have a POI they just haven't publicly named the person yet.
Thanks, I hadn't thought about how much information was needed to conduct a search warrant.
Despite sundry obfuscations and home videos; LE might have their eye on someone(s).

Last edited:
Agree but it might make sense if it actually happened before I left for the conference, but everybody thought it was later (although how would you know it would work out that way when you left)?

I am on the fence on this one. There is a lot that doesn't quite add up here.

Lost? Probably not that close to her house
Abducted? Probably not, abductions make the news but are actually rare
Murdered? Perhaps
Suicide? Perhaps
Runaway? Doubtful

If a bike is found abandoned on a bridge, a natural assumption might be suicide (if the bridge were high enough). Why did LE rule that out? What else was found, and where? Was it the condition of the bike? Asking the question assuming the DM got it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member