Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree ... looks just like the carpet in one of the bedrooms.
The carpet in what I’m “assuming” to be the master based on attached bathroom looks ‘greenish’ in photos, might just be the light. It looks identical to one of the guest bedrooms, though, IMO.
It is important to note that any of the pictures you all see of the house are only those in the zillow photos. Those were taken while the previous owners were trying to sell the house. Many things could have been changed since the Morphews purchased it. I remember somewhere way back in the thread people were claiming the wood and masculine decoration in the house meant BM had complete control over SM... these photos are from before they even lived there and shouldn't be considered too seriously.

"He said Suzanne was known to go for a bike ride on Sunday mornings before church, and said he did not believe she attended church on May 10, though he could not be certain."

BBM=Fascinating detail ^^^^.
Not really...churches weren’t even open yet, were they? And besides, she’s a cancer patient, she’d be out of her mind to go be around a group of people.

CSPD Duty Lieutenant
@CSPDDutyLt

22m
Police out with possible gravesite within Palmer Park. Unknown if human or animal at this time. Homicide detectives responding. Media can stage in the S/E parking lot of Palmer Park, just off of Maizeland Road.
@CSPDPIO

(This is in Colorado Springs, CO. Approx 2hrs/100 miles away. Most likely unrelated.)

Probably not related since they say “not known if human or animal at this time”, which seems to insinuate skeletal remains. However, it could just mean they don’t know if the gravesite is human or animal, rather than referring to the state of the remains. Thanks for posting, going to watch that page closely for updates.

‘Pacing around, staring out windows’: Chaffee County Fire Chief addresses questions about missing Suzanne Morphew’s husband Barry Morphew

May 21, 2020

CrimeOnline reached Chaffee County Fire Chief Robert Bertram, who confirmed that Barry Morphew is one of about 40 volunteer firefighters in the county. Asked if he had any information about a possible training that Morphew had attended on May 10, Bertram said it was the first he’d heard of it.

“Due to [the coronavirus pandemic], our firefighters have not been attending any trainings sponsored by us,” Bertram said, adding that sometimes firefighters will pay for training courses on their own. The fire chief said he had heard, rather, that Morphew had been working a landscaping job in Denver on May 10.

Good to read confirming story that I believe speaks to what most of the country is experiencing relative to the suspension of normal events during pandemic and that any trip by the husband on Sunday was most likely personal.

CSPD Duty Lieutenant
@CSPDDutyLt

22m
Police out with possible gravesite within Palmer Park. Unknown if human or animal at this time. Homicide detectives responding. Media can stage in the S/E parking lot of Palmer Park, just off of Maizeland Road.
@CSPDPIO

(This is in Colorado Springs, CO. Approx 2hrs/100 miles away. Most likely unrelated.)
Why would media be asked to stage at that parking lot if police haven't even determined whether the remains are human or animal?

Catching up this afternoon, but just wanted to point out that we don't know that searches are not happening. The FB "find" page is not being updated, but it's entirely possible family and friends are organizing searches and it's just not being stated publicly.

Completely unrelated, but I'm curious... for those of you who believe the nephew knew the condition of the bike when it was found, how is it that you all think he has this information? Did he find it (the bike) himself? Did LE find it and share it's condition with the family? That seems like a stretch to me, since the Sheriff doesn't strike me as the sharing type, at least with this case.

So, if he knew, how did he know?
Here is a hypothetical example :

Let's say there was something wrong with the bike, and SM had told someone last week, that she needed help fixing that issue, before she could ride it again.

And then days later her bike was found, propped against a tree.

Maybe that family member guessed that there was still an issue with the bike's condition, and put pressure on LE to answer the question?

I noticed that too! That’s a strange way to police tape an area?? What about the little bucket thingie (yeah I don’t know correct names of equipment) and that trailer? Can that bucket dig into the ground? And I noticed some remnants of something - possibly dirt or gravel - on the trailer. It looks like it matches the driveway. Did they just resurface their driveway with the darker dirt/gravel? I listened to NG tonight and she said the fact that LE have the house this long tells her they are focusing on a crime scene inside the home! I was convinced she went on that bike ride and someone followed her. Now I’m not sure anymore.

Thank you EK@EllenKilloran excellent story.

As the search for missing Colorado mother Suzanne Morphew continues, a fire chief who works with Suzanne’s husband Barry Morphew has weighed in on some pressing questions about the circumstances of Suzanne’s mysterious disppearance.

• Relatives told CBS4 that Barry Morphew had been in Denver, about 150 miles from Maysville, on the day his wife disappeared; reportedly for some type of training believed to be connected to his work as a firefighter.
  • CrimeOnline reached Chaffee County Fire Chief Robert Bertram, who confirmed that Barry Morphew is one of about 40 volunteer firefighters in the county. Asked if he had any information about a possible training that Morphew had attended on May 10, Bertram said it was the first he’d heard of it.
    “Due to [the coronavirus pandemic], our firefighters have not been attending any trainings sponsored by us,” Bertram said, adding that sometimes firefighters will pay for training courses on their own. The fire chief said he had heard, rather, that Morphew had been working a landscaping job in Denver on May 10.
  • Bertram said he believed that Barry Morphew continued to work independently as a landscaper in Colorado after he moved from Indiana, and said there is high demand for construction work in the area. Bertram also said he has never known Morphew to be dishonest.
  • The fire chief has not had direct contact with Barry Morphew since Suzanne disappeared, but has spoken to firefighters who have. He said that Barry is staying with a friend in the area, “pacing around, staring out windows,” hoping for information about his wife. The friend is not a member of the fire department, Bertram said, though some Chaffee County firefighters have seen Barry at the friend’s home since the investigation began.
    Bertram said a firefighter in his crew was the first to alert him to Suzanne Morphew’s disappearance, in an early morning phone call on Monday, May 11. According to the fire chief, that firefighter said in the initial call that authorities had found Suzanne’s bike. Bertram did not have any information about when or where Suzanne was last seen, or when she was last in contact with her husband. He also did not know precisely where the bike was found.

• Bertram went on to say that Suzanne and Barry were both well-respected members of the community, and active in their church. He said Suzanne was known to go for a bike ride on Sunday mornings before church, and said he did not believe she attended church on May 10, though he could not be certain.
‘Pacing around, staring out windows’: Chaffee County Fire Chief addresses questions about missing Suzanne Morphew’s husband Barry Morphew

Last edited:
I just watched a slow, fly-around video of the Morphew property which shows a specific area of the Morphew property cordoned off (not sure if by LE or by construction crew or other) near where a small skid-steer bucket loader and its trailer are parked.

What is the time and date for this photo? Source? How recent? Looks as if the walkway is being constructed.

Way upthread, it was reported that Suzanne was last seen on the 9th. Is that correct, anyone remember who said that, whether it was official?
I must have missed that. All I keep seeing is that LE has not said when the last official time she was seen was. I imagine there might be texts? But can they be confirmed as hers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver