Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's still probably one of the least likely scenarios, but I've been thinking about something re: foul by a stranger.

There's a large state prison not too far away in Buena Vista. Does anyone know what the procedures are for prisoners being released from a prison like this, kinda in the middle of nowhere? Do they just walk out the doors? Are they expected to arrange for their own transportation upon release? How many prisoners have been released recently? Has COVID affected how they're releasing people?
Cañon City is approximately 70 miles from Maysville.

52 inmates released early from Colorado prisons as officials try to create space in case of coronavirus outbreaks – Canon City Daily Record

One recently released inmate did murder a woman in Denver.

Suspect in Denver murder was paroled due to coronavirus concerns at Colorado prisons 3 weeks before killing – Canon City Daily Record

Firefighter Training in Denver. Completely Exonerating Alibi?
Some posters have pointed out: LE can verify whether 1. there was a training session (agreed, true) and 2. if BM attended (agreed, true).
But even if LE verified an attendee signed in by hard copy/digital means, that may not exonerate that attendee. I can think of a few old cases where:
--- a perp stayed in hotel ~150 mi away home, drove home, committed crime, then drove back to hotel,
--- a perp away on business, flew home on commerical airline, committed a crime, flew back to hotel.
When ^ perps told LE "stayed in hotel room all night," fortunately the surv cam vids in hotel & toll-booths, or highway toll passes disproved the bogus alibis. Other possible alibi busters: vehicle's GPS, cell phone/other e-device pings/tracking, gas or snack receipts, & other surv cam vids, in-person sightings of attendee/perp, etc.

Depending on timing, an attendee could leave Denver training, drive home, commit crime, drive back to training.
For ex, if it was a large, weekend/day-long format w multiple sessions and breakout groups/classes, in different rooms, seems possible someone could attend, say, 8:00am-opening plus late afternoon-closing session or the evening banquet, but none between, say, 9:00am. and 5:00pm class or 7pm banquet. IDK if the training had so many ^ attendees and classes that an attendee could plausibly do this. <---- All hypothetical.
Based upon some ContEd classes/weekends (non-firefighter, non-SaR) I've participated in, it's possible. All jmo.

Not saying/suggesting BM was involved in SM's disappearance, either personally or w aid of another.

28619414-8340119-image-a-55_1589980516056.jpg

If you need to use this function in the future:

right click image< view image < copy the link < click on the image button in the little tool bar here <paste link.

How is that different from the attached images I see? Because I have the link option, but not the attachment option? Is there a setting I missed?

And since she doesn't have gloves on I'm assuming she's headed into the house, not out of it, to answer someone else's question earlier, but the spray bottle is interesting.

The DM did not identify the bridge. It could be the county road 225 bridge over the South Arkansas River.

It’s very small, and the river wasn’t raging on Mother’s Day.

I do not know if this data site is correct, but one can see from Google Earth how small it is.
COUNTY ROAD 225 over SOUTH ARKANSAS RIVER Chaffee County, Colorado Bridge Inspection Report

If the bike was planted, then it could’ve just been a convienent place before turning onto Hwy 50.

Satellite view:

Screenshot_2020-05-20 Co Rd 225.jpg

Possible scenario BUT PURE SPECULATION.

If the last KNOWN sighting of SM was on the 9th, possibly THAT is when the neighbor saw her heading out for a ride. A real ride that really did happen. Before the unthinkable happened.

Possibly on Sunday, at the behest of the daughters, the neighbor drove over to the family house, encountering the abandoned bike as dusk was settling. Possibly in conference with the daughters agreed that that was quite alarming, especially if there were no sign of SM near her bike nor at home.

IMO it explains the information given to LE just before 7pm on May 10. Found her bike, appeared she'd gone for a bike ride, no one's been able to reach her or find her.

We don't know how long the bike may have been there.

JMO

Respectfully, it's reported the last known CONTACT was May 9, not the last known sighting. There's a big difference.

Still no confirmation on the date SM was last physically seen alive (i.e., sighting).

What’s weird about the carpet is usually don’t they take the whole roll and do the cutting in the lab? If there’s microscopic spatter, droplets etc., they would look at the whole surface. Maybe luminol just showed one spot, idk. (IF it’s carpet and contains evidence)

Door mat? A floor mat, like you'd use in a laundry room? A bath mat?

I'm sure they called their Dad.
"Well honey, she's probably out on a bike ride. You know how she enjoys that. You might want to call the neighbor and see if she knows anything if it gets to be late."
Wouldn't the husband be expected to call her on Mother's Day too? Unless the daughters called first and notified their father. But he'd try to call later, right?

BBM I want to know this too. The girls were obviously so concerned, they called the neighbor. I want to know his excuse for not driving the two hours home to check on his wife. MOO
I'm thinking that they knew their dad was out of town and would not be able to go and check on their mother. They may have contacted him and asked him if he had spoken to her

The girls may not have thought much of it if they didn't hear back from their mother on a regular day, especially if they were out of town and busy themselves. But not getting a response back to any calls or texts back on Mother's Day probably would have heightened the alarm.

How is that different from the attached images I see? Because I have the link option, but not the attachment option? Is there a setting I missed?

And since she doesn't have gloves on I'm assuming she's headed into the house, not out of it, to answer someone else's question earlier, but the spray bottle is interesting.
My husbands pretty sure it's luminol

Idaho is a 13 hour drive from Salida. Who did they go with. Are we sure this was idaho state not idaho springs? Who on earth would go camping in idaho when they live in colorado? Someone help me understand...
Idaho is known for potatoes colorado for mountains. My mind is going to explode
Idaho is also known for some pretty great mountains and camping, hiking, fishing, boating.... all the outdoor recreating.

Yes that’s the organization. I was going to say “necrophilia” but that’s not it :eek:

I wonder if it’s the same lady. I remember her face, short hair. I saw this on an OLD forensic files. It may be the same lady!

I'd bet my life it is. She's a PhD if I remember correctly, and her "day job" is working with Colorado native plants.

Respectfully, it's reported the last known CONTACT was May 9, not the last known sighting. There's a big difference.

Still no confirmation on the date SM was last physically seen alive (i.e., sighting).

Good point Seattle, It wouldn't be the first case where we have seen fake text messages sent from a victims phone if that turns out to have happened.

PF went to great lengths to try to convince people that KB was still alive

The DM did not identify the bridge. It could be the county road 225 bridge over the South Arkansas River.

It’s very small, and the river wasn’t raging on Mother’s Day.

I do not know if this data site is correct, but one can see from Google Earth how small it is.
COUNTY ROAD 225 over SOUTH ARKANSAS RIVER Chaffee County, Colorado Bridge Inspection Report

If the bike was planted, then it could’ve just been a convienent place before turning onto Hwy 50.
There's also a bridge crossing Fooses Creek, also on the country road 225, which is even closer to her home. Image source: Google Maps

Attachments

• sm-bridges.jpg
    sm-bridges.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 19
Ftr I did a cursory search of attempted abductions, sexual assaults, etc. in the vicinity and didn’t find much. Maybe you guys searched too. If so, did you find anything? In the cases I came across, the perps were apprehended, but I only did a basic search.

Last edited:
The girls may not have thought much of it if they didn't hear back from their mother on a regular day, especially if they were out of town and busy themselves. But not getting a response back to any calls or texts back on Mother's Day probably would have heightened the alarm.

May not be much in that. I saw in an earlier post where someone seemed to consider Mother's Day to be a Christian Holy Day. Today's youth may not get as excited about Hallmark Holidays as we did, back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one that lived it