Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #40

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a few thoughts... ALL MOO!

-tree invoice is indirect evidence so I think 4 months is honestly pretty decent for the person making that connection, I don't think the time span is strange at all.

<modsnip>

-I think Mike's intro/presumption on shutting search down on PE last night is just like some of you say- him essentially telling us he thinks she's been found.

-I don't think we will find out for a minute if they have found her. No room for mistakes and they need to dot I's and cross T's

-If for some reason they haven't gotten enough evidence, or complete remains, Andy would kick himself forever if he ended the search early. I don't think he'd be mad for one minute if others left early, but this is HIS top priority in his life right now.

-I think they've gotten plenty of evidence from inside the home during the two searches and they heavily insinuated as much last night, I believe she was murdered there.

-I think that at one point, their marriage and family seemed and felt as happy as could be. I don't doubt that at some point Barry was a loving husband.

Last edited by a moderator:
To add insult to injury their father GM went to the ER last night. Happy one of the girls was in touch but AM has an awful lot on his plate.
I wonder if that’s where the confusion about the search ending came in? Andy said they initially thought GM had a stroke so maybe he was planning to end the search early and go back to Michigan until he found out it wasn’t a stroke. It must be very difficult to be pulled in two different directions between two very important situations with loved ones. Imagine if Andy lost his Dad while he was in Co searching for Suzanne. More pain caused by a selfish person. I remember Andy said he was going to spend time with his Dad before he left for Co because he knows he is struggling. I hope Suzanne is found while GM is still alive so he will get some peace from knowing his little girl will be laid to rest by her mother as he wished.

Agreed. And that location had to be of very high interest to LE for them to recommend AM search and use cadaver dogs in that area. Those dogs are a precious and limited resource and would only be used in very high probability areas.

The bolded. It's possible I'm misunderstanding. Are you saying that LE told AM to search a specific area with dogs? Who said this as fact? IMO - that just doesn't ring as true or make sense. While I don't believe LE will be conducting any large scale searches for SM like in the early days of this investigation, they will absolutely conduct a search based on new evidence, as an example. That's their job. I believe this is still a very active case.

IMO - if there's an area LE believes should be searched, they will do it themselves, with resources they want, including the dogs they want to bring in.

I sometimes go against the grain of many opinions and it's not intentional. I just find myself there at times. I've been bothered by the info being released by the PE guys, especially since Saturday night and specifically about the dogs. It just creates so much confusion with the public. It made me very itchy. Let me be clear, that this opinion has nothing to do with AM. This is a dude, with no LE experience, who is just trying to find his sister. He can say whatever he wants. IMO.

Yes, I think the searcher locations being made public was not the greatest idea. It really should have been left with the organizers and that’s it
Ditto that. Who thought it was a good idea to make public to the entire world the names of the searchers in a local (probable, IMO) murder. Sheesh.

And the area of the searches. Bad idea. Maybe a couple of static screens showing how the program works, but sheesh (again), if a murderer was watching, he could go move something if he thought searches got too close this time.

Hate to be the downer here, but they should balance the need to be publicly scienterrific with some common sense.

And yep I watched with everyone else:(:(, like the buddies all logged on. But I didn't download.

Last edited:
Given what’s happening more broadly in the US at the moment, perhaps the invoices are less of a clue to the “where”, but rather the “why”.

Fraudulent business operations and tax concerns, particularly the interstate kind, could be another reason the FBI was brought on board so quickly and has remained on the case.

Attachments

• 35A15D54-3293-4013-8DAF-A76000018B2F.jpeg
    35A15D54-3293-4013-8DAF-A76000018B2F.jpeg
    75 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
I thought they said “We are still in the house”

That would mean we as in the investigation. Just how I heard it. The 4/5 points they went through paired “we are still in the house” with “we have ruled out the mountain lion”
I think what PE means by “we’re still at the house” is that they have not uncovered any evidence to suggest Suzanne left the house for any reason (bike ride), no one else saw her driving, at shops etc.

So, we hear that BM allowed a search of his property (voluntarily). Is that correct?

I wonder if a search warrant was sought but he decided to look as cooperative as possible. Or could there have been a search warrant and this is how BM spun it?

So, we hear that BM allowed a search of his property (voluntarily). Is that correct?

I wonder if a search warrant was sought but he decided to look as cooperative as possible. Or could there have been a search warrant and this is how BM spun it?
he did allow it but nothing formal, I believe it was a very low key "hey its just me and Andy and we have a dog here, can we peek around your yard?" situation. MOO
Hoping for search warrant #3 inside the house for anything LE might have missed, if possible.

yeah, this whole "making nice" with BM doesn't make sense to me.
Is it possible BM is ALREADY in custody and we're just being fed this story for tactical reasons? It doesn't compute for me.

Would a wood chipper be purchased together with trees ?
Not sure, but maybe? Would somebody purchase trees only to put them through a woodchipper? To hide or disguise something else that could have been put through that same woodchipper? I wonder how many trees were purchased and if they're all accounted for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katelyn26