Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #40

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what the actors attorney is thinking right now?
We don't even know if he has one.
I mean, being spotted walking the property installing trail cams with a shotgun over his shoulder... on day 1 of the VERY publicized search?
Pretty sure no attorney (worth their salt, anyway) would be on board with a stunt like that.

jmo

I am pretty sure they had BM’s consent to search his properties. I bet they got it on camera and tricked him too. Maybe he thought he was only giving search consent to the Maysville house but instead gave consent to all land owned by him?
LE wouldnt risk it by trying to trick him. if consent isnt free and voluntarily or they lied to get it, then everything LE finds proceeding that would be inadmissible at court because its fruit of the poisonous tree

A Josh Powell comparison has not escaped many on this thread.

I understand that some are fearful for the daughters' safety, but I do not believe the Bad Actor in this tragedy will harm the daughters.

At least, not physically.

The psychological damage has already been done, and it's going to be nothing short of catastrophic.

I hope they both find extremely skilled, competent therapists to help them salvage whatever they can of their battered psyches.

JMO.

LE wouldnt risk it by trying to trick him. if consent isnt free and voluntarily or they lied to get it, then everything LE finds proceeding that would be inadmissible at court because its fruit of the poisonous tree

I don’t think they mean trick as much as leverage BM’s stupidity in not realizing that consenting to let LE search his property could mean ALL of his owned property.

Please let this be true. There have been so many twists and turns, and discouragement. It's time for resolution and justice.

Another terrible twist in this saga is if the remains end up not being Suzanne! But the fact there are remains on land owned by Barry make it more likely than not that it would be her IMO.

Keeping fingers crossed it’s her so her big brother can take her home to officially rest in peace. :(

He's owned it for 3 months, most likely contracted to buy it even earlier.
I mentioned last week that I hoped LE had checked it out because of his permits for improvements on the lot and nobody would suspect anything if his bobcat was working there.
what are the dates of his obtaining permits for this property?

I am pretty sure they had BM’s consent to search his properties. I bet they got it on camera and tricked him too. Maybe he thought he was only giving search consent to the Maysville house but instead gave consent to all land owned by him?
I don’t know. I hope so. I saw some news about him having a shotgun and informing people they were on private property so not sure when that consent was given.

"The scent of human remains has been discovered on a plot of land owned by Barry Morphew by searchers hunting for his wife Suzanne, DailyMail.com can exclusively reveal. The FBI have been called to the site to search for possible remains."
The Daily Mail report says 15 miles from the Morphew home. The East Salida worksite is 16 miles away. ETA: Longhorn Drive (where IIRC he purchased a lot) is 14-15 miles away.

Last edited:
PE has tagged @vislaw in this. Wonder if he helped find this plot of land?

Don't Miss #ChoirPractice! Tonight at 6pm Mountain Time. If you don't know what it is, there's only one way to find out what you've been missing.

Update on the #SuzanneMorphew search. #AndyMoorman

youtube.com/watch?v=ZTbvUX…

#truecrime #missingperson #police #sheriff @LawVisual
https://twitter.com/profilingevil/status/1310656317434912770?s=21

I fell off my pink bike. The one to the left that I don't actually own. It was way too small for me anyway. I'm just gobsmacked. I never really thought he'd bury his wife on land he owned, or would soon own, that could link back directly to him. IMO.

Every time I think a perp can't be *that* stupid, the universe slaps me upside the head and reminds me that nature abhors a vacuum and a challenge like that will be noted and met.

(again, IF that's what it turns out to be, which is still unknown).

Last edited:
The DM article shows pics of the presumed location. There is one photo with the dog handler. Interestingly enough, there is another photo at the same location that shows Andy taking a picture. I know it’s him because he’s wearing the same clothes he was shown in on an earlier video from this morning where he was addressing the search group.

FBI called as scent of human remains discovered on land owned by Suzanne Morphew's husband | Daily Mail Online

You’re right! Very observant of you. Poor Andy. It’s bittersweet if he has done it...found his baby sister.

They didn’t have to lie. It wasn’t LE who searched the property. Wasn’t it Tig and Barry’s friend who asked for Barry’s permission? I think Tig had something to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LostInMaine