Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have built more than twenty bicycles out of the parts that I removed from other bikes which I salvaged, purchased or were gifted to me. The last one, which is still ridden by a relative consisted of parts from bicycles manufactured all the way from ca. 1935 to 1994. I knew a professional biker (now deceased) who owned well over 250 frames. I have seen a a significant portion of them hanging in his garage and basement, but did not see the rest at his shop or storage building. IMO
@Dave F. You have a point about building bikes and bike parts, but BM is not a bike person. I doubt that he was building bikes or working on ‘mechanical thingies’ with bikes.

It doesn’t add up. And I think we digress, unless we know more about this pink bike (cruiser or high end mTB). JMO.

The Puma Path property uses a septic tank for sewer service.

Hmmm. That's interesting. It wouldn't be the first time a killer has disposed of a body in a septic tank. They use lime to break down the body quickly but used incorrectly, it does the opposite, it delays the decomposition.

And there's a couple of lime quarries very near Maysville; one in Poncha Springs and one in Monarch.

Maybe there was another reason why BM moved out of the Puma Path home.

I should have asked this sooner but I thought I would eventually figure it out on my own but that doesn’t seem to be happening. So... what is it that these two photos are supposed to be indicating to me? 1)Barry on the ground during one of the early searches 2) the same area later with no Barry.
Thanks!
Hopefully this will help:

URL="CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #39"]CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #39[/URL]

I don’t think the pink bike is a riddle. Wasn’t it mentioned a few threads back that BM had purchased a bike a few days before Suzanne went missing? Or am I losing my mind?

PS Found it: It was a post from Megnut:

CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #35

“PE guys mention, but choose not to dwell, that purportedly BM bought a bike a week before Suzanne's disappearance.

Interesting.

JMO”

Two more thoughts regarding the pink bike BM bought.

1) I don't see too many pink bikes, and certainly not being ridden by men, so I'm pretty sure BM wasn't buying it for himself.

2) Perhaps BM bought the bike for one of the daughters. A bit odd - SM was the cyclist, so presumably it would have been smart to let her choose a suitable bike.

I dont know if anybody remembers where it comes from? but im sure that very early on after suzanne went missing somebody said that she couldnt of rode her bike that day as it was broken, im sure that was one of the first red flags about the bike ride. Maybe she'd ordered a new one

Using the exact same data as you, I do see that the Arkansas River height gauge rose a little over nine inches between May 9 and May 22 (the date of the search photo), but the water level on May 9 was 4.13 feet and the water level yesterday was 2.68 feet. That's a difference of 1.45 feet, or 17.4 inches.
Going back to comparison of the picture, the water level in the May 22nd search picture is eight inches above the water level in the Sept 26 photo.
I think this question devolves to asking MG what muck she raked, and what area she did not rake because it was underwater. She certainly could not have raked all of the area that is exposed today. IMO
Detail Graph

Definitely agree that the current water level is much lower than both dates in May.

Here’s a short video of the beach site on one of the search days in May. Don’t blink or you’ll miss it.

Thx, that's a great view of the beach area. If she was buried there, perhaps it was above the beach and behind the row of large rocked on the left side or under them. It looks like the area above the beach was raked and leveled.
Moo

I dont know if anybody remembers where it comes from? but im sure that very early on after suzanne went missing somebody said that she couldnt of rode her bike that day as it was broken, im sure that was one of the first red flags about the bike ride. Maybe she'd ordered a new one

i don't think it was ever confirmed as LE hasn't even admitted to finding a bike but one of the original rumors stated the brakes were locked so i guess we will never know

Last edited:

1) I don't see too many pink bikes, and certainly not being ridden by men, so I'm pretty sure BM wasn't buying it for himself.

2) Perhaps BM bought the bike for one of the daughters. A bit odd - SM was the cyclist, so presumably it would have been smart to let her choose a suitable bike.
Unless he also wanted to control what she rode ?
Jmo

Hmmm. That's interesting. It wouldn't be the first time a killer has disposed of a body in a septic tank. They use lime to break down the body quickly but used incorrectly, it does the opposite, it delays the decomposition.

And there's a couple of lime quarries very near Maysville; one in Poncha Springs and one in Monarch.

Maybe there was another reason why BM moved out of the Puma Path home.
Potential evidence that isn't a body.

Did Barry buy Suzanne a pink bike as a Mother’s Day gift? Was she unimpressed? Did they have an argument that ended in murder and a bike being pitched into a ravine? Or was the pink bike the one that was recovered-the bike that wasn’t Suzanne’s, a bike purchased as part of the bike scenario because Suzanne’s was in Scot’s shop and could not be used?

Here’s a short video of the beach site on one of the search days in May. Don’t blink or you’ll miss it.

Thank you for this. I apologize for the small image. So the water was starting to rise at this point May 23rd-25th. It makes sense the muck/sand was exposed on the 8th-9th.

upload_2020-9-27_12-46-26.png

Attachments

• 793D1122-675E-46C6-B2C4-3924CD322180.jpeg
    793D1122-675E-46C6-B2C4-3924CD322180.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 88
Jmo

I wince a little at the inference that BM had to have something to do with a spare bike that SM acquired for parts. There are adjustments on an expensive mountain bike that I would certainly prefer to have an expert like Scot perform, but my expert opinion on bicycle parts removal and replacement is that there isn't anything that can be done to a bicycle that SM wouldn't have been just as capable of doing for herself, as me. Cycling has never been a male dominated venue. IMO

"Investigators asked every business near the Holiday Inn Express in Broomfield, Colorado, to turn over video shot between Thursday May 7 and Sunday May 10 – the day Suzanne was reported missing by neighbor Jeanne Ritter, 70." Businesses near Suzanne Morphew's husband's hotel share CCTV | Daily Mail Online

It would be interesting to know, if they've asked the residents along County Road 105 in Salida to do the same, going back to Friday the 8th when MG mentioned BM was at the jobsite that evening.

The spot where the dog hit was not under water in May.
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #39

Also, there are points in the 'Barry acting' photograph that show months of change in comparison to the recent pic, and I see no reason why associates of AM would edit it. They caught Barry in an insane moment and Andy thought it was worth checking out that spot again.
as @MassGuy pointed out last night, you can see the difference in the clouds, one tree is gone, and the three little trees have grown since.
upload_2020-9-27_11-59-55.jpeg
upload_2020-9-27_11-59-34.jpeg

Last edited:

Did LE use dogs the first time they searched the property? I'm assuming they are going to use their own search dogs to see if they also will alert to a specific area before they decide to dig up the beach. Has LE made any comments in regard to this yet?

I think you all would be surprised how many pink bikes are on market today. Also (but maybe not) surprising is the number of men who buy bikes for their significant other. In the case of BM I imagine that is exactly what he would do.

I raced bikes at NCAA-div1, later as a part time pro, and I often get treated like a beginner because of my gender. Salespeople direct me to cruiser bikes when I look at high end bikes.

I wince a little at the inference that BM had to have something to do with a spare bike that SM acquired for parts. There are adjustments on an expensive mountain bike that I would certainly prefer to have an expert like Scot perform, but my expert opinion on bicycle parts removal and replacement is that there isn't anything that can be done to a bicycle that SM wouldn't have been just as capable of doing for herself, as me. Cycling has never been a male dominated venue. IMO
Jmo

I’m inserting a thumbnail of a $5000 pink frame set. This is a unisex frame and is on market today. It’s just one example of a pink bike for men. This IS NOT related to said ‘pink bike’ but I wanted to share so you all can see how pink is the new black in high end bikes! MOO!

Attachments

• 058657D8-6194-4094-88A6-1E72DD504CFC.png
    058657D8-6194-4094-88A6-1E72DD504CFC.png
    261.8 KB · Views: 80
And the D.A. was also there according to someone who was at the vigil and called into to speak to Tricia live on WS!

I'm actually surprised that Kaitlin Turner hasn't taken a more active role during the search. Suzanne's disappearance would provide any political candidate with tons of earned media, and if I was in a tough re-election fight, I'd want to earn my share of it.

The fact that Ms. Turner hasn't been so visible can be chalked up to a couple of possibilities, IMHO:

1. She thinks she's so far ahead in the race that she needn't work for earned media (this is my lowest probability scenario).

2. She believes that her involvement would be counterproductive politically, either because she would be seen as butting into the CCSO's bailiwick or because she'd be seen as a publicity hound (this is my 2d likeliest scenario).

3. She doesn't believe that she can "move the needle" in Chaffee County prior to Nov-3 & increase her vote share. In other words, she believes that she should focus on other areas of the 11th Judicial District to up her vote totals (this is my base scenario).

Doubt Barry knew a thing about "repairing bikes" and we know she had Scot. Besides, if that much repair was needed, seems they'd buy a new bike.

Could be Chris is being sarcastic with the "parts" comments, teasing Barry. Along the lines of ..."We know Barry" IOW, he bought a pink bike but not for Suzanne and not the daughters because it's not at the house.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member