Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The article says he was working on the entrance to the development. Maybe the land purchase was secondary to that. The area with the rock could well be that entrance, no?

JMO

If she is there, I think he was already in the process of purchasing that lot, and finalized it so he could ensure that Suzanne would never be found.

I believe she was murdered and dumped somewhere. What I don’t think, is that she was murdered, dumped, and moved again.

Would be interesting to know when he made the offer to purchase the lot. The deed was filed June 25, but who knows when he made the offer on the land. That would be fairly telling.

I was wondering what others think the clue regarding the Pink Bike and possibly used for parts could be. The PE guys mentioned a name as well. Was it Tyler?
I read the suggestion from earlier today regarding the #5 possibly meaning Day 5. I think that's a good one. I was wondering if it's to do with 5:00am when Barry supposedly saw Suzanne sleeping in bed b4 he left. Could there be some info to show Barry wasn't home at that time?
Good point. I’ve never considered the 5 being that 5 AM departure. Definitely a good possibility, IMO.

Been out all afternoon and desperately trying to catch up. I'm confused about the location of possible remains. Numerous reports say dogs alerted in a wooded area. That would not be the plot of land that AM was on. It's barren. Where is this new location?

I know I already asked this in the closing chaos of the previous thread, but just wanted to ask once more if anyone can give some insight into the process of contracting/subcontracting landscaping services in Colorado.

It seems like this is indeed a word-of-mouth advertisement system that relies on subcontracting work that would fall under other companies' established permits. Is this a fair assessment? If so, I'm curious how he landed a project like RTD-Denver, which seems like quite a challenge for, in BM's words, a team of "meth heads".

Additionally: would the winter months represent a significant lull in activity for companies like BM's? Do other landscapers try their hand at the more crowded and temperate front range areas when the passes get snowy? Or do people with access to machinery like Bobcats pick up state/county contracts for snow removal, etc.?

A lot of landscapers do snow removal in winter - even in front range. Yes, contractors can be subcontractors, or hold own contracts. RTD contracts could be managed by another project manager or they would be done through a RFP bid process. It’s unlikely that one tiny contractor would be doing a large RTD project - that would likely fall to landscape architects and transport planners or urban designers. He might be a small sub contractor to move dirt or do other mechanical thingies with his bobcat.

or tell others what to do with his bobcat thingy.

Unfortunately PE is buffering so badly that it’s unwatchable. Too bad because Chris held up a book called Homicide Death that I was very interested in hearing about.

MOO both men seem tired and somber but claim they’ve had a great day. They admit that things have been a roller coaster, something they’re both used to in situations like this.

In agreement with @MassGuy I have no doubt that Chaffee Co. understands its budgetary limitations and has made good use of the CBI/FBI supplementary resources.

Out of curiosity, I just ran some numbers... in LA, we've just allocated six times the amount of the total CCSO budget to the lone line item for "Food" in the LA County Sheriff's Department new budget.

A lot of landscapers do snow removal in winter - even in front range. Yes, contractors can be subcontractors, or hold own contracts. RTD contracts could be managed by another project manager or they would be done through a RFP bid process. It’s unlikely that one tiny contractor would be doing a large RTD project - that would likely fall to landscape architects and transport planners or urban designers. He might be a small sub contractor to move dirt or do other mechanical thingies with his bobcat.

or tell others what to do with his bobcat thingy.

brilliant. thank you. i've always been a big fan of the "follow the money" approach, and your answer has opened several new doors.

There really is no wait on warrants. If police have a reason the judge will sign immediately.
They must be waiting for something. Apparently an FBI vehicle has been guarding the site. Since the second cadaver dog was brought in today, I'm not sure what else they would be waiting for. Unless that means the judge would not sign off on the warrant. I hope that's not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dane_Fall