Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All we know for sure is that BM was there on Sunday, according to MG and JP. The DM may have assumed he was there on Saturday, or maybe the room was booked for Saturday, but that has not been confirmed.

JP said the bed looked like someone had lay down on it and MG said it looked like BM had made the bed up himself.

We still don't know what he was doing for the 9 or 10 hours he was in that area. Maybe he was so exhausted from the day and night before that he took a long nap.
Ok. Thanks. It makes more sense now.

Agree, I believe it was just a pin drop to indicate the city of Salida only, but it caused confusion because it was showing different businesses at the pin drop, however it was clearly a residential home.
ETA
You are correct, @Itsapuzzle. The NamUs website is tied to Google Maps and Directions for the purpose of pinning locations. When Google Maps and Directions is prompted to locate Salida, CO it defaults to the random GPS coordinates 38°32'05.0"N 105°59'56.1"W, which is roughly the geographic center of the town of Salida. To illustrate the process, I went to Directions and asked for guidance from Poncha Springs to Salida. The result was map "A" below. When I zoom in on that map to locate exactly where it is guiding me, "Salida, CO" is spot off "I Street" (Map "B" below). To check it, I went back to NamUs and copied the coordinates given in SM's listing for "Last Known Location - MAP" then pasted those coordinates in the Google Maps search window. The result is Map "C" below. Then I zoomed in on that map to get the exact location (Map "D" below, and it is the same spot off "I Street" as the other results.

All four illustrations were produced entirely by Google Maps and Directions, and are screenshots of search results with no editing or alteration. GPS coordinates entered were copied directly from the NamUs website linked.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Attachments

• A. Screenshot_2020-10-03 Google Maps.png
    A. Screenshot_2020-10-03 Google Maps.png
    501.3 KB · Views: 27
  • B. Screenshot_2020-10-03 Google Maps.png
    B. Screenshot_2020-10-03 Google Maps.png
    406.4 KB · Views: 25
  • C. Screenshot_2020-10-03 Google Maps.png
    C. Screenshot_2020-10-03 Google Maps.png
    476 KB · Views: 26
  • D. Screenshot_2020-10-03 Google Maps.png
    D. Screenshot_2020-10-03 Google Maps.png
    587.4 KB · Views: 20
No other hotel guest did complain about noise or forever running water, I wonder (IF BM showered his tools)?
I suppose he could have put some towels in the bathtub/shower tray under his tools, that would make it less noisy. I imagine he could have soaked the tools first, then rinsed with water. The noise of running water never disturbed me to much in such hotels, the noise of metal could if not softened with a towel underneath them. It also depends on at what time the alleged cleaning happened. Could have been early morning or he slept first or he went to the wall first and it happened after that? Daytime usually there are less people around and if they are, they usually are making their own noice with tv or other devices or phone calls.
It was also Covid time, so we don’t know how many rooms were occupied and how close to each other those occupied rooms were.
IME HIE hotels in many instances are housing construction workers or traveling employees from smaller businesses and those people are mostly not around from early morning, so there is that too. IME IHE is a cheaper version of the Holiday Inn’s.
IMO

One thing is sure we have no idea if any complaint was made. It would be nice if someone heard something

Last edited:
I think it’s just more sloppy reporting / assumptions by DM. He went to Broomfield very early Sunday , plenty of time to shower & rest up before JP arrived. It could be that he booked the room Saturday but I don’t think he was there Saturday.
Typically you cannot get into your room till 3pm. If you request sometimes you can get in early like 1 or 2.

Last edited:
Typically you cannot get into your room till 3pm. If you request sometimes yoy can get in early like 1 or 2.

I think it depends on how occupied the hotel is. I've been able to check in pretty early to hotels when there are vacancies. I can't imagine that during this time that it would be that crowded. Knowing what time he checked in would be so helpful in all of this. But I doubt we're going to get that information anytime soon.

Was it ever decided what BM might have meant with “It was only because I didn’t know the time that I did something, a mechanical thing, to my bobcat”?
This " mechanical thing " statement absolutely drives me crazy. What did he do, and what time did he do it? Ugh...I mean did he say this to LS because she was a woman?He didn't think she would understand, so he just dumbed it down. Was it a total lie and he just needed a filler for some time? I know all kinds of mechanics, farmers, and ranchers who do their own repairs. I have never, ever,heard anyone say they did a "mechanical thing " to anything. This just makes makes my brain explode. Ok, thank you for letting me rant. Whew...I feel better now. MOO

Last edited:
Typically you cannot get into your room till 3pm. If you request sometimes yoy can get in early like 1 or 2.
Was this true at the time of Covid too in the US? Here in Europe you could check in much earlier too, because there were a very few people in the hotels. I could check in way earlier than normal and were very accommodating when the hotels were open again.

Is today's Dr Phil segment posted here already? Would love to watch.
I’m not sure, I’ve got to catch up on the thread today. I’ve been so busy the past couple days that it took me by surprise when I started watching the episode last night. If I can figure out how to post a link I will. Watching the episode did prompt me to rewatch the BM interview with Tyson and boy he sure can tailor his story to fit with whoever he’s speaking to at the moment. It was so curious to me, how he kept pushing him to look in the opposite direction from this triangle area he’s referring to and stressed several times that this particular area had been cleared through the searches he had done with friends or whoever the “we” is that he kept referring to. He also said “they” called the neighbor, referring to his daughters but then later on he says he called her. Anyway, that’s all stuff we already know but the more I watch him, the worse he makes my skin crawl. He’s sure been drinking gallons of his own “Barry” koolaid just like all the others before him.

If you're not from Indiana or a small town like Alexandria, you might not understand how connected people are by familial relationships and/or who have known families in the community for three, four, or more generations. Plus sports are very important in small communities like this as a form of entertainment, spending time together, etc, etc. So the "BM was framed" group includes not only fellow athletes and their families (Think A-Men Athletic Association.), but large families of lots of extended cousins of which BM is one. So I think the plants, from this area at least, were there out of a sense of loyalty to a local baseball legend. MOO
You make a very good point. I couldn't even tell you the names of anyone else on my floor. We all smile and hold the elevator but are really like passing ships in the night.

I think it depends on how occupied the hotel is. I've been able to check in pretty early to hotels when there are vacancies. I can't imagine that during this time that it would be that crowded. Knowing what time he checked in would be so helpful in all of this. But I doubt we're going to get that information anytime soon.
I'd like to see the hotel camera footage of him entering and exiting the room and what he brought with him.

Side topic: Since we should and mostly do use initials, I made a list of some key players in the case. I was getting confused, so I made myself a reference sheet. All have been referenced in MSM.

Sharing as perhaps it may help others or those new to the case.

SM - Suzanne Morphew

BM - Barry Morphew

PE - Profiling Evil (YouTube show)

CM - Chris McDonough (Profiling Evil)

MK - Mike King (Profiling Evil)

MG - Morgan Gentile (BM Worker)

JS - John Schmitz (ex co-worker from Indiana, argued with BM)

GD - George Davis (BM close friend)

JR - Jean Ritter (neighbor who first checked on SM not home)

MB - Mary Branson (Heard noise near new Construction site)

TN - Trevor Noel (Suzanne’s nephew)

TD - Tyson Draper (early video with BM explaining how it happened)

JP - Jeff Puckett (BM worker)

CC - Cassidy Cordova (BM worker)

AM - Andy Moorman (Suzanne’s brother)

GM - Gene Moorman (Suzanne’s father)

MM - Mallory Morphew (SM & BM daughter)

MM - Macy Morphew (SM & BM daughter)

LS - Lauren Scharf (Fox21 reporter)

TIG - John Tiegen (Benghazi survivor, security expert, helped AM’s search)

PM - Poncha Market

LR - Longhorn Ranch (BM new home site)

HIE - Holiday Inn Express Broomfield

? Unknown - SM texting friend

? Unknown - Salida sighting Saturday

?? Unknown - 2 people SM sighting Sunday (per BM)

I'd like to see the hotel camera footage of him entering and exiting the room and what he brought with him.

Yes and I’d love to know what his demeanor was when he checked in and did the hotel cleaning people notice the chlorine smell or had it dissipated before they got in to clean. Does anyone happen to know what Chris said to Dr. Phil in regards to his thoughts on the picture of BM laying on the ground? My recording cut to Trump having Covid right before that part.

This " mechanical thing " statement absolutely drives me crazy. What did he do, and what time did he do it? Ugh...I mean did he say this to LS because she was a woman?He didn't think she would understand, so he just dumbed it down. Was it a total lie and he just needed a filler for some time? I know all kinds of mechanics, farmers, and ranchers who do their own repairs. I have never, ever,heard anyone say they did a "mechanical thing " to anything. This just makes makes my brain explode. Ok, thank you for letting me rant. Whew...I feel better now. MOO
MOO He wasn't actually talking down, he was using "talking down" to avoid detail.

Last edited:
Husband Of Missing Colorado Woman Adamantly Denies Involvement In Disappearance
Video (I have an so I can’t watch it)
——
In the interview, Moorman revealed for the first time that he believes Suzanne was killed sometime on the Saturday night before she was reported missing.

“She was seen in town with Barry getting a sandwich at 4 p.m.,” Moorman said. “At midnight, somebody friended all of the guys my age on her Facebook at midnight.”

Moorman told Dr. Phil that he believes Suzanne was killed sometime after 4 p.m. and then someone involved manipulated her Facebook account — but it’s not clear who or why.

Moorman also said that the date on Barry Morphew’s vehicle does not correspond with the timeline he gave police about his activity on Sunday morning.
snipped
Suzanne Morphew’s brother shares new details about her last known sighting and strange activity on his sister’s Facebook page hours before she was reported missing
@OldCop timeline info

I'm pretty sure if the previous occupants of the hotel room had used chlorine to clean it due to covid LE would have contacted who ever used the room before to confirm this.

If the odor was overwhelming to the next guest (BM, JP, MG) it seems like the housekeeper would have noted it and the room would have been aired out before it was rented again *because the odor could have been toxic. Hotel records would show when it was last rented so hopefully LE collected that information in the process of evaluating the validity of BM's statements. MOO

ETA: *

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members