Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I reread the “I’m not the other woman” a second thought popped into my head. Rather than she was denying that they were having an affair, she was saying there was “another woman” but it wasn’t me!
I had the same thought. It's too bad we can't hear the whole interview in context, rather than just the soundbites. I think we could gleaned much more from that interview in particular.

The article said it was found in a remote location on the west side of Saguache county near the Hinsdale County line.

Yes...........the common border between Saguache county and Hinsdale county is not very long, running through very high, remote rugged mountain back country. Only one jeep trail (not a road) crosses the county line in that area. There are no towns. IMO

"Quite some time" sounds more like 4 years than 4 months.

If BM isn't nervous, another family is about to get some closure.

JMO
Hopeful, as always.
We've seen this a few times in the last month or so with the JFD case.
However, nothing has panned out.
And yes. Other families have gotten bad news.
I have never been a fan of the word closure, full well knowing it's popular.
Dr. Petit felt the same. He didn't like the word.
Paraphrasing his words.
You have a large hole in your heart with jagged edges.
Over time the edges soften but the hole never goes away.
I can so relate to that.
MOO.
PS , truly love all your posts.

Oh, how I wish this could be SM's remains. It's only @45 miles from Salida.
Correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding is that there is a 'difference' (by definition) between 'remains' and 'body'. Some sources are saying 'body' and others are saying 'remains'. I would prefer not to point out the graphics.

Do we know that she actually went into the home?

According to the PE SM Story Map, the neighbor walked through the house looking for Suzanne when she went over to check on her.

Source: Suzanne Moorman Morphew

Eta: <snipped from story map> Barry contacts neighbor and asks her to check on Suzanne. Neighbor reports that she walked through house and can't locate her. She see's Suzanne and daughters vehicle there. According to reports, Barry asks neighbor to return and see if Suzanne's bike is missing, noting she may be on a bike ride. Neighbor confirms the bike is missing and the neighbor calls the local sheriff to conduct a welfare check.

I'm not sure. I do recall that MG told Lauren Scharf, the Fox News 21 Reporter, that she and Barry were previously scheduled to do the Broomfield job together in April. Just the two of them. But that got canceled. Then it was rescheduled for early May. Once more, canceled.

Then, it was last minute, when a frantic Barry called her on Mother's Day to get a crew together to head to Broomfield. MG stated that when she hung up with Barry she thought he sounded as if he had the worst night of his life. Very telling.

Cancelled twice. At least in Texas, construction, repair, remodeling is a necessary business or whatever they call it. So the jobs in CO would not have been cancelled due to COVID if CO was leaving construction as a necessary business.
SO.... he set up her murder twice but both times something came up so he couldn’t get it done. And cancelled the Brookfield job. Both times. Not thinking he’d be able to kill her mother’s day weekend, he did not reschedule Brookfield. But the opportunity came up, he ran with it then called to reset the Broomfield job.
Yes? No? What do you all think?

According to the PE SM Story Map, the neighbor walked through the house looking for Suzanne when she went over to check on her.

Eta: <snipped from story map> Barry contacts neighbor and asks her to check on Suzanne. Neighbor reports that she walked through house and can't locate her. She see's Suzanne and daughters vehicle there. According to reports, Barry asks neighbor to return and see if Suzanne's bike is missing, noting she may be on a bike ride. Neighbor confirms the bike is missing and the neighbor calls the local sheriff to conduct a welfare check.
Thank you.
I didn't know this.
ETA
He must have been pretty confident that nothing would appear amiss.
MOO

Hopeful, as always.
We've seen this a few times in the last month or so with the JFD case.
However, nothing has panned out.
And yes. Other families have gotten bad news.
I have never been a fan of the word closure, full well knowing it's popular.
Dr. Petit felt the same. He didn't like the word.
Paraphrasing his words.
You have a large hole in your heart with jagged edges.
Over time the edges soften but the hole never goes away.
I can so relate to that.
MOO.
PS , truly love all your posts.

I was loathe to type closure even as I typed it.

A family is about to get answers. Which will bring a new kind of grief....

JMO

Being that the alarm system and cameras were either disabled or not functional, how would the neighbor get into the house or even the garage?
He couldn't have given her a code, is my thinking correct? Did she have a key? If she did, why?
ETA: and, if that's the case, when?

"Quite some time" sounds more like 4 years than 4 months.

If BM isn't nervous, another family is about to get some closure.

JMO

Yea Im trying not to get my hopes up but it would be good if they found her. That little hint seems to indicate the remains are older than what we would be looking for but you never know so we will have to wait for confirmation on who this is.

Sad for whoever it is but glad they were found.

Yea Im trying not to get my hopes up but it would be good if they found her. That little hint seems to indicate the remains are older than what we would be looking for but you never know so we will have to wait for confirmation on who this is.

Sad for whoever it is but glad they were found.
If the remains are not Suzanne’s, this story does give a glimmer of hope that she might still be found one day. At least with all of the super outdoorsy folk here, there is a chance that hikers, bikers, trail runners, kayakers, campers and hunters might still find Suzanne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966