Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #44

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, can't even be bothered to negotiate any issues with the house...BM wants to get the hell out of dodge! JMO

That home is also for sale.

All BM properties listed except for the land purchased after SM disappearance? Will the land be listed next? What is the current situation at that land? Any new information or construction taking place there?

There was previous speculation he was building a home for his mother on that land. Is this why her home in Indiana is for sale?

Is he getting out of Dodge or relocating in Dodge?

Would Barry cash out all of his assets, move away with his millions and change his name? Or is he compelled to stay in Salida where he can keep Suzanne, his daughters and his bro club under his thumb?
He's got new property in the Longhorn subdivision, a house will be built there. Change his name? I don't see that happening. He can run, but he can't hide. IMO

It's eerie to go on a house tour when you know there was just a murder in that house. A realtor friend took me on such a tour. The house was empty and spotless. It wasn't a bloody or gory crime scene, in fact there was no forensic evidence found in the house. The energy felt weird knowing all that we knew. And then, at one point, the front door suddenly flew open and banged against the wall. We screamed. It was windy outside but I remember my heart pounding. I couldn't have gone on a looksee alone, that's for sure.

IMO

That reminds me... When looking to buy a home checked one out that had this huge stand alone garage with a second story above with several rooms. One room had several ceiling squares missing and lots of dead flys on floor and windowsills. There was also no flooring in that room. Liked that home and seriously considered it. Wemt back the next morning to look at outside again. Well, one of the neighbors came up and asked it i was considering it and he said "you do know what happened there?" I said "no" and he told me that previous owner shot himself in room above garage and wasn't found for a while. Well, didn't buy it as just couldn't see myself living there. Was disappointed/mad in/at my realtor, but there is no law in Colorado that makes it mandatory for realtors to inform of such history. :(

That reminds me... When looking to buy a home checked one out that had this huge stand alone garage with a second story above with several rooms. One room had several ceiling squares missing and lots of dead flys on floor and windowsills. There was also no flooring in that room. Liked that home and seriously considered it. Wemt back the next morning to look at outside again. Well, one of the neighbors came up and asked it i was considering it and he said "you do know what happened there?" I said "no" and he told me that previous owner shot himself in room above garage and wasn't found for a while. Well, didn't buy it as just couldn't see myself living there. Was disappointed/mad in/at my realtor, but there is no law in Colorado that makes it mandatory for realtors to inform of such history. :(

Wow. I would never buy a house with that kind of history. My next door neighbor died 6 months after I moved into my house. I never actually met her as she was kind of a hermit. Her best friend found her dead in bed. The best friend later purchased the house and it's been a rental ever since. One couple looked at the house to rent and the female of the couple asked me if something bad had happened there. I told her the previous owner had died in the house, after a short illness. The female told me she could "feel" something there. :eek: They didn't rent the house.

I wonder if future house hunters will pick up on any energy in the Morphew house. Some people are quite sensitive. IMO

It is sparsely furnished in my opinion, very basic. No signs of a beautiful woman living there.

I agree. The house looks cold. It looks like this house was bought to bolster BM macho big game hunting outdoor image, with little regard for Suzanne and his daughters, or the fact that he moved them away from everyone they knew.

That home has a few issues:

Psychologically, it’s probably a “murder home.” Some people just can’t deal with that.

Then you have to worry about all the gawkers wandering around.

You also have to deal with the potential of another search warrant at some point, although I don’t think it’s very likely.

I agree. The house looks cold. It looks like this house was bought to bolster BM macho big game hunting outdoor image, with little regard for Suzanne and his daughters, or the fact that he moved them away from everyone they knew.

IMO

I forget now who imparted this information, I just know it was on a forum, maybe here, but anyway someone who knew SM and BM saw them at a party in Indiana sometime before they moved and that person said SM was excited to move to CO and was looking forward to it, as it was a place they had vacationed at least a couple times in the years prior. I think perhaps SM may have liked the house.

She was isolated simply because she wasn't working anymore, didn't have a history there or deep roots, the girls were older and 1 was off to college, and she was battling a cancer reoccurrence. It takes time to get established in a new town and state and Salida is a small town. IMO

Bolded this to ask...wouldn't the smell be awful?
I wondered about this also.
I now know as of last week that there is not an odor right away.
We waited about 9 hours before transportation came to get him and he had passed away 8 hours before we got there. No smell.
If we can figure out BM timeline within Sat AM- Sunday PM when first call was made and if she was in cooler(s) , then I have to say NO, there would not be any odor yet.
JMO

Last edited:
I think these are actually necklaces hanging... I could be wrong but that’s what I see.
First pic is bathroom with necklaces.

Second pic is master bath with wall that looks “gouged” which is probably textured paint effect. Imo

Attachments

• 251A3460-476A-4033-8B7D-65E40D3803FA.jpeg
    251A3460-476A-4033-8B7D-65E40D3803FA.jpeg
    79.7 KB · Views: 231
  • 57D7D628-BAA0-4356-B974-0E64184F65EC.jpeg
    57D7D628-BAA0-4356-B974-0E64184F65EC.jpeg
    104.8 KB · Views: 235
The left-side wall just to the right of the mirror above the towel racks in the new photo reveals gouge marks ... can't really see them in the old photo.

What do you think happened to cause gouges on that master bath wall?

Could SM have been attacked in that room?

My imagination is racing.

Is the missing rug from the room where Barry was reading while the two daughters listened ( per photo taken presumably by SM) now in the condo....or was it used to wrap SM's body?

Will we ever know the truth?
Ughhhh
MOO

Missing woman’s house for sale in Chaffee County
Lauren Scharf
2 hours ago
morphew-home.jpg

CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. — The home of a missing Chaffee County woman is now up for sale, less than five months since she was last seen.

Suzanne Morphew, 49, was reported missing on Mother’s Day – May 10. She had reportedly left her house alone for a bike ride and never returned. Her bike was recovered less than a half a mile away later that the same day, her family has told FOX21 News.

Missing woman’s house for sale in Chaffee County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member