Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It took me awhile to find this post, but when I had first looked at the photos, the elk head caught my eye. Fast forward to the more recent photos, the elk head has been relocated to above the fireplace/tv wall. So..did the elk head come with the purchase of the house when the Ms bought it? In my world hunters don't usually leave their trophies behind when they move. It would be an undertaking to relocate it. I don't think it has any real significance to the case but is just more of an observation.
Good observation.
I totally missed that.
Looks like BM did the decorating.
Imo.

SPECUALTION:

Money doesn't seem to have been an issue. Lot's of equity (houses and property?) unless there is lots of debt. Unknown.

Forgetting the unknowns for a moment, let's assume financial stability so, what else could it have been?

That a someone might be a controlling, self-centered individual, would that be enough reason for that someone to disappear a SO?

There had to be a trigger, a desire or a wanting to be released.

• A controlling nature and anger got out of hand?

• A current mistress or a desire to eventually have someone other than a SO?

• A desire for money, freedom and all the 'fun' that combination could deliver?

• A frustration or exhaustion; cancer always an underlying issue?

WHAT WAS THE MOTIVE?

MOO MOO MOO

And the garage and utility room. But when selling real estate, you gotta have a pic of the kitchen so the person who cooks can see what it's like. I think it's dumb to leave off pix of the other 2 baths, the garage, and the utility room, but the kitchen? Supposedly the heart of the home? I may be crazy, but that hit me.
Maybe something happened in the kitchen ?
I'm no psychic, just speculating.

I just saw on the media only thread that the Puma house is up for sale. Who in their right mind would buy only to fund a defense for a potential future trial of a Murderer? While I do understand it may go to the children, I have my doubts. Does anyone remember offhand how much they purchased the house for?
The money may go to the children, once he's dead or incarcerated for life - what's left of it, if anything.
You can't exert complete control unless you hold the purse strings, even though it was his wife's purse.

I see his willingness to sell the place as evidence SM's remains are not on the property. A new owner could consent to an LE request to search. JMO.
If she were on the property, would BM have a need to have his "spies" participate in the searches? Then again, why did BM feel the need to install cameras to keep searchers off of his property?

I think SM might be some place familiar to BM, a place he may have stumbled on during one of his hunting excursions. I hope that SM doesn't end up like Susan Powell.

Most real estate agents / agencies will include professional pictures as part of there commission. They will usually have a close acquaintance that knows the way to take a photo to garner an interest. This at least happens in the $500k and down realm.

If the Salida location was just used to go get the Bobcat or to get another piece of equipment then I have concluded that some "other location" would have to be a very feel-safe location to him. Im thinking along the lines of someone very close to him that may own some property and would let him come onto that property. It may have even had a gate where he could close the gate behind him once he entered the property. This other person may not have even realized what he was doing there because maybe he had used the machine there before to get extra dirt or extra rocks for his jobs.

Im not even sure another place like that exists for him but if he did have access to a friend or relative's place he could have driven right to it and worked there with the Bobcat with no fear of being disturbed by anyone because it would be private property.
JMO

RSBM

I'm curious about the Longhorn Ranch property. Google Maps aerial view shows only empty lots, but we know that's out of date because search photos show development that Google doesn't.

In some of the LHR search photos there is visible a brown structure about the size of a house, except that there are three large garage doors indicating that this is more of a vehicle storage building and not a residence.

Without fences or other parcel boundary indicators, I can't tell if this building is on BM's lot or not. But if it is, it seems reasonable that this structure would be where he now stores work-related vehicles and supplies?

I wonder if that building has been searched.

For all the Bobcat discussion, we really don't know (at least I don't think we do) how many Bobcats and what other potentially-relevant equipment BM may be in possession of.

New, different bedspread in the master bedroom and lots of different pictures/décor items...but the property strikes me personally as dark and depressing.

The family has evidently relocated and probably taken the vast majority of their personal items with them. Interesting that so many personal photographs were left behind. Is this BM's way of passively asserting his innocence? I could never do anything to harm my beautiful family.....I am a victim of overzealous LE and they have destroyed what was a thing of beauty? MOO

I've seen many posts saying otherwise, but the furnishings in the photos suggest a staged home to me. (with some exceptions like the inclusion of a plastic trash receptacle, the hanging necklaces, etc)

I see the photos on the wall and near the tub etc, but I can't recognize anyone or match them to any of the photos made public in this case. Is anyone certain these are actual Morphew family photos or are we just assuming?

Most real estate agents / agencies will include professional pictures as part of there commission. They will usually have a close acquaintance that knows the way to take a photo to garner an interest. This at least happens in the $500k and down realm.

The photos are just depressing to me! It's just a huge, empty house that is dark.. the photos are not flattering and for that price, it's puzzling to me why they would be published looking so unprofessional and incomplete. The last home I sold, the realtor did beautiful photos and a lovely video. And my home was listed for under 200,00 and very small. Most homes in that price range have at least 20 to 35 photos to show off all the rooms. Many personal items must have gone to the condo, but it's such a change from the past photos of the Indiana home! It just makes me so sad for Suzanne and her family. I'm obviously feeling so sad about what I think probably occurred in that home as well.

MOO

SPECUALTION:

Money doesn't seem to have been an issue. Lot's of equity (houses and property?) unless there is lots of debt. Unknown.

Forgetting the unknowns for a moment, let's assume financial stability so, what else could it have been?

That a someone might be a controlling, self-centered individual, would that be enough reason for that someone to disappear a SO?

There had to be a trigger, a desire or a wanting to be released.

• A controlling nature and anger got out of hand?

• A current mistress or a desire to eventually have someone other than a SO?

• A desire for money, freedom and all the 'fun' that combination could deliver?

• A frustration or exhaustion; cancer always an underlying issue?

WHAT WAS THE MOTIVE?

MOO MOO MOO

GREED. It’s all about Barry.

"On Monday, the Morphews’ sprawling home on Puma Path appeared on several real estate websites. Later in the day, it appeared that the listing had been de-activated on multiple platforms. A real estate agent who appeared to be associated with the listing did not immediately respond to a request for comment."

Missing Suzanne Morphew’s Colorado home is put up for sale: Report

wow! so it wasn't only me that could not find the listing. i was trying all morning. i could get there through the links provided here, but when doing a manual search nothing showed up. stranger and stranger.

I think we could speculate all day long about why he does the things he does but in the end it's going to come down to what we can prove. However, it would be reasonable to think that given the current pandemic coupled with Suzanne missing and how a lot of people are feeling about his actions that he is not making the money in business that he once did. So he's having to make some moves to get fast cash to keep up his appearance or to just keep himself and the business afloat. He may be in over his head with mortgages and other business related expenses so he's having to make some major changes. Either way I hope there is a major break in the case soon and Suzanne and her family can get justice and peace that they deserve.

The pic below is from the listing when the house was purchased by B & S
77ecf65c5e7f1d4e04ef86bc6f2c7ab3-uncropped_scaled_within_1344_1008.jpg

They must have destroyed that kitchen when they processed it otherwise why wouldn't there be photographs of it in the listing? No way would you leave out that shot, especially given the asking price. Whatever created the alleged odor of bleach in the house probably came at least partially from someone trying to clean the grout in the floor.

MOO
Ita.
And remember the house is being sold "As is".
Iirc.

Re: No recent kitchen photos in this new listing... Could it be, that LE removed parts of the cabinetry when gathering evidence during their searches, and the kitchen has not yet been restored? MOO
Also - the sink and surrounding counter area isn’t shown in the new listing kitchen pic either. Wonder if they were ripped out...and you’re right, only a few cabinets are shown now.

The family has evidently relocated and probably taken the vast majority of their personal items with them. Interesting that so many personal photographs were left behind. Is this BM's way of passively asserting his innocence? I could never do anything to harm my beautiful family.....I am a victim of overzealous LE and they have destroyed what was a thing of beauty? MOO

Either that or they are a reminder of what he destroyed...if he is capable of a guilty conscience. Even if he's not, he's moved on and those have no value to him.

Also, only a guy would leave out pictures of the kitchen out of a real estate listing. So for sure I think he or one of his loyal buddies took them.

wow! so it wasn't only me that could not find the listing. i was trying all morning. i could get there through the links provided here, but when doing a manual search nothing showed up. stranger and stranger.
Hmm.
Wonder if someone called and was interested and wanted the realtor to give them a walkthrough ??
And if there's damage to the house-- the seller (BM) may not want that revealed until the sale closes.
Somewhat unethical.

I was saddened but not at all surprised to see the listing. BM probably contacted a realtor about as lightning-fast as our old friends Scott Peterson and Chris Watts did.

BM probably can't wait to get out of Salida - hence the move into a rental until the house sells. I predict he will relocate to:

1. Indiana
2. A new locale where he can wheel, deal, and dominate
3. A country that has no extradition treaty with the U.S.
4. A maximum-security prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member