Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It really depends on the real estate market there. Surprisingly, real estate has been doing really well in a lot of areas. Maybe there is such high demand that he can get away with it. Or, maybe he plans to have repairs made but thought he'd throw it on the market while he waits for a contractor.
If he had any intention of making repairs, it’s not like he hasn’t had months to do it.

I can’t imagine anyone will come close to the asking price of an apparently damaged, probable murder house.

No, I remember reading that as well, although it's likely been weeks or even a couple of months since then. I speculated that maybe BM provided not just employment, but also housing to his workers <modsnip>. Being entirely dependent upon BM might "inspire" loyalty or a least silence.

OR...
he could just be the nice guy whose wife was murdered, if we took all the info we actually do have on BM, in a positive non guilty way, maybe we’d start thinking about who actually did kill SM, jealousy, greed, timing.
MVHO

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, BM is in a rage right now and the sloppy listing reflects this. This residence is not a $75k rental that the tenant trashed and the owner wants to dump before winter and never look back. Nope, this is a primary residence, one of not too many millon++ homes in Salida where the prudent seller would have listed the property with a reputable agent and they would have gone to work to stage the property for photos and showing. He's not even living in the residence!

I think BM was seething from Andy's successful search and the Dr Phil episode on Friday was the icing on the cake. BM is reportedly telling others that authorities left the interior in bad shape, and his "as-is" terms of sale is not a reflection of cash flow as it's BM screaming look at me, look at the real VICTIM. Stop looking, listening to Andy.

MOO
We'll start listening to BM about his victimhood when he changes the terms of the $210,000 reward from "for SM's safe return; no questions asked" to "for information leading to arrest and prosecution of the person(s) responsible for her disappearance or murder." Until then, he's just a guy who is more protective and nurturing of his $ than he was his wife.

Perhaps only serious potential home buyers w/ bank pre-approval letters would get an actual tour?

IMO, it’s the land, the Arkansas River & the property backing protected federal parks lands where the $$ is on this property.

ETA: I’m surprised however by the HOA (yuck). IMO

Several comments on the current pictures we see of the house. To own this expensive home, the decorating style lacks warmth and appeal that one would expect from a cozy mountain retreat. Also, who puts family pictures around the large jacuzzi tub in the master bathroom?

Just my opinion, this is the coldest, most uninviting house I have ever seen to be called a home for a family.

Makes me wonder if perhaps tile was taken out of kitchen area, and flooring from bedroom also
What gets me is BM is a contractor who should know people who can help him repair on the cheap. It's not like his home is a $250k home with $100k worth of damage.

Maybe, it is just the way that I think; however, I would be inclined to make repairs to my almost $2M dollar home to get a decent offer. He should have the money to do so.

Plus, he can restrict access to his home to those who have been pre-qualified with their realtors to screen out the looky-loos.

If he had any intention of making repairs, it’s not like he hasn’t had months to do it.

I can’t imagine anyone will come close to the asking price of an apparently damaged, probable murder house.

BBM:

I'll give him 210k for it, "no questions asked."

Now, if you'll all excuse me, I need to go get a Gimme $$$ campaign rolling to help me make good on my offer…

JMO.

Last edited:
OR...
he could just be the nice guy whose wife was murdered, if we took all the info we actually do have on BM, in a positive non guilty way, maybe we’d start thinking about who actually did kill SM, jealousy, greed, timing.
MVHO
His alibi makes no sense, as it appears to have been thrown together last minute. I also have no reason to believe that Andy was not told by CBI that Barry’s truck data didn’t align.

His actions run contrary to the actions of any innocent person we’ve seen, who has been in a similar situation. It’s just not normal.

The actions of LE make it clear they have evidence that disproves a crime by anyone but Barry (everything they have done has him at the center, and they haven’t deviated from that).

So you have the following:

Low risk victim

Low crime area

LE apparently knowing quickly that this was not an abduction

An apparent sudden loss of communication from Suzanne before Barry left for this “job”

A husband who just so happens not to have a solid alibi during the precise time his wife disappears

That’s an awful lot of coincidences.

Last edited:
As far as where her remains may be right now, this public record in the link below was for an application for "augmentation of a well" on what I think maybe the recent 2+ acre lot that was purchased.

I am not sure what augmentation means except maybe to dig a deeper water well or to dig a first water well on the property. Im not sure. In any event, this application would imply that he may have had a well digger out near that property and my understanding of hiring well diggers is they will dig you a hole wherever you want it dug and for however deep you want it so long as you own the land and have the necessary permits.

If some well digging crew was out there I hope LE was able to find the place and to make sure it was only dug for the right reasons and to make sure an extra shallower hole was not dug nearby for a money tip.
JMO

NOTICE:
https://cms9files.revize.com/laplatacounty/planning/Beginners Guide to Augmentation.pdf

They've owned the house for 2 years, maybe 2.5 now. Outside the alleged crime itself, which is suspected of occurring inside the house, but which was not apparent outside a bleach smell, what could have sustained much damage? It could be the little things and Barry just doesn't want to have to deal with any of it. An electrical outlet that needs fixing, security system not updated or working (but of course), not necessarily a wall bashed in as some might be thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico