Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, last spring they owned two houses worth around $2.5 million with no mortgages, a few rental properties, and he sold his business a couple of years earlier. Now there is a cash crunch? I don't think so.
If that's true, I'll quit looking for bankruptcies. Had already looked at Intelius and Pacer and could not find anything.

I just did a little digging and it does not appear that insurance would
Cover the costs of a search warrant being executed.

So there must be significant damage from multiple search warrants being executed for the home to be listed as is and BM doesn’t want to file a claim against the CBI or has lost the claim that he filed to recoup for damages.

Which brings us back to, why aren’t there pictures of the Kitchen and Master BR? There must be visible damage to those rooms for them not to be shown with the listing.

But even still, why isn’t the $1M from the IN property available to be used to fix up the Puma Path home? Even an all new kitchen and recarpeting the master bedroom wouldn’t exceed $100k or so? Does he think he’ll sell a $1.7M home as is versus spending a little to repair the Puma path home? Or does he not have any money to put towards repairs?
There are pictures of the master bedroom? The home is a 3 bed, 4 bath.

New Listing Master -https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/19057-Puma-Path-Poncha-Springs-CO-81242/2077601871_zpid/?mmlb=g,24

Old listing-https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/19057-Puma-Path-Salida-CO-81201/96847591_zpid/

To me that says that he does not have the cash to make repairs to it that the buyer would request.

But why would he have no cash? He just sold that IN property and should have walked away with $1M in proceeds (less capital gains taxes when he files for 2020).

And I’d imagine insurance would cover repairing any damages made by LE during their two search warrants, right?
BBM:

I think BM is and always has been cash poor…that's just my opinion.
I think this facade of being a successful, wealthy business owner is all a sham.
I also think it's finally catching up to him now.

Questions:
Do we know what their IN property sold for?
Do we know whether or not that property was owned outright or if it had an outstanding mortgage?

I don't think BM walked away with anywhere near $1m from that sale.
Not even close.

I think the only currency he has at his disposal is plastic.
I'd love to see just how much credit card debt he's buried under right now.
I'm betting the minimum monthly payment is made on each and every one of his cards, every single month, of every single year.

I'd also love to take a gander at his tax returns.
The fact that I'm not a cpa and would have no idea how to decipher any of that info, notwithstanding.

I'm really hoping a forensic accountant with the FBI is poring over all that info even as we speak.

As we all know, Al Capone was a vicious murderer, but it was the taxman that nailed his hide to the wall.

Money.

Money. Money. Money. Money.

That's where this case started.
Maybe, just maybe, it's where it will end, too.
If so, it would be poetic justice.

I don't care how LE nails SM's killer.
Just as long as they nail him.
That's all that matters.

JMO.

Last edited:
I keep thinking about the "as is" designation. BM is a contractor. Surely he is at least a little handy and surely he knows other contractors in the area. If there is extensive damage and things are missing, why wouldn't he have some of his fellow contractors fix it up? At the very least, make it presentable? Or, add in some extra $$ towards the repairs, as suggested above. He had options, and he chose to do nothing. I still think it's because he's over that house. Done and dusted. End of.

Totally agree on the ‘tells’ of where LE worked.

We’re missing pics of the garage, mud/wash/laundry room, Kitchen and master bedroom. And I’d imagine the realtor can’t use the old pics from the previous listing as it would misrepresent the property versus the ‘as is’ condition.
The pics include the master bedroom. The photo is just a lousy shot taken from the corner next to the window and featuring primarily the four doors in the bedroom and the spider of the corner lamp shade. And you can see the toilet of the hall bathroom through the bedroom's entry door.

Last edited:
Court TV has an online poll going. Currently 71% No and 29% Yes.

https://twitter.com/courttv/status/1313550798694100993?s=21

#13THJUROR: Would YOU buy a house where a crime was potentially committed, even for a discounted rate?

The home of #SuzanneMorphew, who has been missing since #MothersDay, is currently for sale.

Watch #CourtTV LIVE tonight at 8/7c. court.tv/live

Did i read somewhere the other the day that BM and SM had some rental homes or am i imagining things?
No, I remember reading that as well, although it's likely been weeks or even a couple of months since then. I speculated that maybe BM provided not just employment, but also housing to his workers <modsnip>. Being entirely dependent upon BM might "inspire" loyalty or a least silence.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as where her remains may be right now, this public record in the link below was for an application for "augmentation of a well" on what I think maybe the recent 2+ acre lot that was purchased.

I am not sure what augmentation means except maybe to dig a deeper water well or to dig a first water well on the property. Im not sure. In any event, this application would imply that he may have had a well digger out near that property and my understanding of hiring well diggers is they will dig you a hole wherever you want it dug and for however deep you want it so long as you own the land and have the necessary permits.

If some well digging crew was out there I hope LE was able to find the place and to make sure it was only dug for the right reasons and to make sure an extra shallower hole was not dug nearby for a money tip.
JMO

NOTICE:

Agreed. I was already thinking of emailing the realtor and saying I was an out of town buyer and would like her to send me a virtual tour of the home and property.
Yes.
Anyone who is seriously interested will demand a visual inspection.
Although the realtor may feel they have to 'vet' future buyers ?
But they wouldn't have time to do a background check on everyone.
So how are the realtors going to answer difficult questions, if the buyer has heard of this case and wants a full in depth inspection before purchase ?
I.e., why is a major part of the floor in two different rooms missing ? Why are kitchen cabinets missing ?
Why is the plumbing torn apart ?
Etc.

This house may sit empty for a long time.
Poor BM. :rolleyes:

As far as where her remains may be right now, this public record in the link below was for an application for "augmentation of a well" on what I think maybe the recent 2+ acre lot that was purchased.

I am not sure what augmentation means except maybe to dig a deeper water well or to dig a first water well on the property. Im not sure. In any event, this application would imply that he may have had a well digger out near that property and my understanding of hiring well diggers is they will dig you a hole wherever you want it dug and for however deep you want it so long as you own the land and have the necessary permits.

If some well digging crew was out there I hope LE was able to find the place and to make sure it was only dug for the right reasons and to make sure an extra shallower hole was not dug nearby for a money tip.
JMO

NOTICE:
Like a 5 inch wide hole.

I keep thinking about the "as is" designation. BM is a contractor. Surely he is at least a little handy and surely he knows other contractors in the area. If there is extensive damage and things are missing, why wouldn't he have some of his fellow contractors fix it up? At the very least, make it presentable? Or, add in some extra $$ towards the repairs, as suggested above. He had options, and he chose to do nothing. I still think it's because he's over that house. Done and dusted. End of.
It really depends on the real estate market there. Surprisingly, real estate has been doing really well in a lot of areas. Maybe there is such high demand that he can get away with it. Or, maybe he plans to have repairs made but thought he'd throw it on the market while he waits for a contractor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico