Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe if the Morphew home at PP had a mitigation system in place it would be stated so that the environmental hazard would be addressed. But, I would certainly hope that BM did have something installed to address the radon issue. I am trying to find where I read that SM substituted in CO. I'll keep looking.

I believe if the Morphew home at PP had a mitigation system in place it would be stated so that the environmental hazard would be addressed. But, I would certainly hope that BM did have something installed to address the radon issue. I am trying to find where I read that SM substituted in CO. I'll keep looking.

SM did not hold a Colorado teaching certificate. She couldn't have substituted without it. IMO
CDE eLicensing System

Puts her, statistically, in a different risk category. I am of the belief that Suzanne had not worked outside the home since 1999.

Women who are financially dependent on their husbands are more likely to be victims of DV. In this who-dunnit, I'm relying a lot on statistics, frankly. If Suzanne played an essential role in BM's business matters, we haven't heard about that, but she'd still have been dependent upon him.

We have heard, though, that he was controlling and made most of the decisions. That's worrying.
I agree that women who are more isolated from the outside world and fully dependent on their men, can easier become a victim of DV. They are easier to manipulate as they have fewer reference points to what a normal relationship should look like.
Although there are plenty working women who are victims of domestic violence. DV sufferers are not just one type of women. Unfortunately even highly educated women who are working in good positions can become DV victims.

Puts her, statistically, in a different risk category. I am of the belief that Suzanne had not worked outside the home since 1999.

Women who are financially dependent on their husbands are more likely to be victims of DV. In this who-dunnit, I'm relying a lot on statistics, frankly. If Suzanne played an essential role in BM's business matters, we haven't heard about that, but she'd still have been dependent upon him.

We have heard, though, that he was controlling and made most of the decisions. That's worrying.
to piggyback about one of the things you said before this post, I also noticed how he tends to overshare when it come to details unrelated to the disappearance or rambles when he talks, which can also be a sign of deception. The listener may believe what their being told, but the liar knows their story is bs so they keep adding more details because they think itll make their story more believable. obviously, some people are just naturally chatty, for some reason i get the feeling that wasn't the case for BM.

but anyway, it could be that SM was collecting that mailbox money (aka had a trust fund). She got a pretty substantial inheritance when her mother passed ($500,000k) and thats some serious money. Obviously, we have no way to know for sure but I dont think it would be a big leap to say a trust may have existed. SM also started her own foundation/charity for cancer survivors and IMO that's definitely something people usually only do when they have means (and by no means im i trying to imply anything negative by saying that. committing your time and energy to charity work is very kind and selfless. if i had a trust fund I know id just open a small legal office and devote my time to working on wrongful conviction cases, and cases where people were charged but should be, aahh the dream

This isn't related to the move per se but I think it was on WS youtube I heard that SM was a substitute teacher at a Christian school or pre-school in Colorado. I remember when I heard that I thought about her non-profit charity. By all accounts, it seems SM was happy in her community. I don't know about her home. MOO I found this on a previous entry. Not sure how to post it, but it was on WS.

This widely read article by LS clearly states:

"Suzanne also served, enthusiastically, at Grace Church in Salida, volunteering and providing lunches for students at Young-Life. "

I've included a link to Young Life's website, for those who aren't familiar with the organization.

https://www.fox21news.com/top-stori...riends-describe-missing-chaffee-county-woman/

About Young Life

IMO, Chad Daybell thought he could predict the end of days. He doesn’t even rate for me.
Well, I would say there was a slight miscommunication in his visions. He understood the end of days were coming. He just haven't heard all of the message, which was that the end of “his free” days were coming. Oh, just what a difference 2 little worlds can make. JK

Back in the 90's my girls went to a private church school. They were not required to have teaching certificates. Florida moo
Clarifying: Subs

In theory, Colorado does not require teachers in private schools to be certified, but there is a huge "catch" to the waiver:

"Teachers conducting evaluations for educational progress must be qualified as defined by the state. A qualified teacher is one who is licensed pursuant to article 60.5 of this title. The teacher is 1) employed by a nonpublic school; 2) a licensed psychologist; or 3) a person with a graduate degree in education. C.R.S. 22-33-104.5(2)(c)."

Colorado State Regulations -- Office of Non-Public Education (ONPE)

Wasn't it Andy who mentioned this on one of the PE shows?
There has never been any substantiated "church group" involved. There are two MSM versions: daughters were in Idaho camping, and the other (from AM, I believe, through PE), daughters, their boyfriends, and aunt were in Idaho (possibly also BM's mom).

PE should really ask someone in Salida to speak on this issue, as someone must know who went. Maybe everyone has clammed up. But the different versions posted by family members on SM include even more spins - so I'd say we just don't know who went, but never has a church group been mentioned by MSM or Andy. that I know of - would love to see the link if there is one.

BBM
In one of the Dr. Phil interview videos with Andy, "the girls were on a camping trip with the church". It is mentioned around 3:35 in the following video
https://www.drphil.com/videos/husba...damantly-denies-involvement-in-disappearance/

I have heard it was in Idaho too, but I'm not sure from where, as Idaho was not mentioned in this interview.

I agree that women who are more isolated from the outside world and fully dependent on their men, can easier become a victim of DV. They are easier to manipulate as they have fewer reference points to what a normal relationship should look like.
Although there are plenty working women who are victims of domestic violence. DV sufferers are not just one type of women. Unfortunately even highly educated women who are working in good positions can become DV victims.
bbm
sorry but I find this sentence really offensive.
Can you explain what a normal relationship looks like please?o_O

I am completely reliant on my spouse financially and am at No RISK of DV.
No more than a friend whom works 40 hours a week and/or earns more than her spouse.

Often the little woman whom is isolated from the outside world actually runs the money. Because she has the time. Most busy working spouses are totally on board with the stay at home partner paying bills and money sorting etc

IMO SM ran his books and kept him a well oiled successful contractor.

We can see by his actions immediately after SM disappearance how sketchy and unprofessional he was with his staff and a dilemma execution.
On top of the no spousal POA is very telling about who pulled what strings and when.

All relationship dynamics are different. Just because she chooses to stay home by no means makes her relationship 'unnormal'.

in my opinion

Last edited:
BBM
In one of the Dr. Phil interview videos with Andy, "the girls were on a camping trip with the church". It is mentioned around 3:35 in the following video
Husband Of Missing Colorado Woman Adamantly Denies Involvement In Disappearance

I have heard it was in Idaho too, but I'm not sure from where, as Idaho was not mentioned in this interview.
12 hours driving time from the nearest Idaho border.
4 am departure =
4pm arrival with NO stopping. Not really reasonable.
MOO they knew they would not be back MD by the prior evening of 5/9.

Last edited:
BBM

Suzanne Morphew's husband was paid to lay dirt at the building site Colorado cops are searching | Daily Mail Online

As usual, lots of photos in article

REVEALED: Missing mom Suzanne Morphew's husband was paid to lay dirt at the residential building site that Colorado cops searching for her are digging up
  • Barry Morphew, 52, worked at the Salida property that is now the focus of the search for his missing wife
  • Morphew was hired to lay dirt on the riverfront land, around 12 miles from the couple's home, before his wife's mysterious disappearance almost two weeks ago, the property owner told CBS4
    rbbm
    DailyMail.com has learned it was her daughters M and M who first raised the alarm after they were unable to get hold of her on Mother's Day as they made their way back from a camping trip in Idaho.
Friends said they asked neighbor JR, 70, to check on Suzanne when they couldn't get hold of her and it was R who later called the police to report her missing. R declined to comment when approached by DailyMail.com.

S S, ..., the stepmother of 17-year-old M's best friend, said: 'The neighbors up there are spread pretty far apart but the only reason they found out [she was missing] is because the girls called the neighbors and said, ''we never heard from Mom – can you go check on her?'' 'Nobody actually saw her on her bicycle, sadly.'....
Police also have his car and his cell phone – leaving the businessman and volunteer firefighter to communicate through his close friend G D ... D declined to comment when approached by DailyMail.com, saying he is too busy 'with stuff' to talk.

Morphew's fire department colleagues have been ordered not to take part in the search by police, although locals said Morphew and his friends have been out looking for Suzanne.
Idaho is mentioned in this article

BBM

Thank you. I thought I remembered it being reported as a church trip - but given the different versions, I suppose this is still an open question. I'm not sure it's relevant unless there is evidence that BM planned the trip, which might help point to premeditation. MOO, JMO.

bbm
sorry but I find this sentence really offensive.
Can you explain what a normal relationship looks like please?o_O

I am completely reliant on my spouse financially and am at No RISK of DV.
No more than a friend whom works 40 hours a week and/or earns more than her spouse.

Often the little woman whom is isolated from the outside world actually runs the money. Because she has the time. Most busy working spouses are totally on board with the stay at home partner paying bills and money sorting etc

IMO SM ran his books and kept him a well oiled successful contractor.

We can see by his actions immediately after SM disappearance how sketchy and unprofessional he was with his staff and a dilemma execution.
On top of the no spousal POA is very telling about who pulled what strings and when.

All relationship dynamics are different. Just because she chooses to stay home by no means makes her relationship 'unnormal'.

in my opinion

Absolutely! I stay home and am 100% financially dependent on my husband as well. I handle all bill paying. He does not know who gets paid what or when. I know everything that needs to happen in this house and when. He doesn't even ask what I spend money on. The friends I have also seems to lean toward the woman paying the bills and often the man is the working person. I think for many it is like you said, the person that is home does have time during the day to take care of some tasks that would free up the working person to have down time when they are off work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper