Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Was it a misquote by DM that Barry Morphew was building this house? All along I thought he was just doing the prep work and would do the final landscaping. I do skip pages sometimes but wow surely I did not miss he was the General Contractor. @sillybilly
Yes. He definitely is not, and was not, the general contractor.

Was it a misquote by DM that Barry Morphew was building this house? All along I thought he was just doing the prep work and would do the final landscaping. I do skip pages sometimes but wow surely I did not miss he was the General Contractor. @sillybilly @Ontario Mom
Are you referring to this?
In late May, investigators searched a residential property that had been one of Barry Morphew’s job sites. After an intensive, three-day search, authorities announced they did not find any evidence connected to Suzanne’s disappearance.
Because it was one of his job sites that he worked at.
I can't find anything saying he was the general contractor.

Colorado woman woken from sleep by loud noises, sounds of ‘running’ at construction site that was focus of Suzanne Morphew search — the night before she went missing: Report

IMO SM ran his books and kept him a well oiled successful contractor.

We can see by his actions immediately after SM disappearance how sketchy and unprofessional he was with his staff and a dilemma execution.
On top of the no spousal POA is very telling about who pulled what strings and when.

in my opinion

Snipped for Focus:

I completely disagree with that assessment.

In fact, I don't think there's any logical basis for concluding that SM "ran the books" for BM's business. There's been nothing to suggest that she was at all involved in his business.

And there's no actual proof that he had a "well-oiled" or "successful" business.
I don't buy into the narrative that he's a successful businessman at all.

Further, there's nothing I've seen or heard that supports the notion of SM having control of any of the household reigns as far as the decision-making.

I would argue that the the evidence is pointing to quite the contrary, in fact:

As far as who was pulling the strings in that relationship, be they purse strings or any other variety, I am in no doubt as to who was in charge.

He's extremely manipulative.
Highly manipulative individuals do not, I repeat, do NOT, cede control to others.
They wrest it out of the hands of others.

The master puppeteer controls the strings.

JMO.

Last edited:
Are you referring to this?
In late May, investigators searched a residential property that had been one of Barry Morphew’s job sites. After an intensive, three-day search, authorities announced they did not find any evidence connected to Suzanne’s disappearance.
Because it was one of his job sites that he worked at.
I can't find anything saying he was the general contractor.

Colorado woman woken from sleep by loud noises, sounds of ‘running’ at construction site that was focus of Suzanne Morphew search — the night before she went missing: Report
Woman 'woken by loud machinery' near where woman went missing | Daily Mail Online
It was this one. 3rd sentence

Last edited:
Thanks.
It is a mystery to me why SM was not on that trip.
It does not seem right.

It's unfathomable to me, during a pandemic, a church having a camping trip at all
I understand that with covid-19 & SM's chemo treatments - she & her loved ones were being cautious about exposing her as she'd be high risk.

JMO

Heartbreakingly, it appears as though she adored him. She always has her arms around him in such a sweet, loving way. Can't say the same about him in any of the pics I've seen.

I agree. It reminds me of a photograph we saw of FD and JD, in which he stands there like a stick and she has her arms around him. Cannot locate it right now, but exact same dynamic, IMO. MOO.

Snipped for Focus:

I completely disagree with that assessment.

In fact, I don't think there's any logical basis for concluding that SM "ran the books" for BM's business. There's been nothing to suggest that she was at all involved in his business.

And there's no actual proof that he had a "well-oiled" or "successful" business.
I don't buy into the narrative that he's a successful businessman at all.

Further, there's nothing I've seen or heard that supports the notion of SM having control of any of the household reigns as far as the decision-making.

I would argue that the the evidence is pointing to quite the contrary, in fact:

As far as who was pulling the strings in that relationship, be they purse strings or any other variety, I am in no doubt as to who was in charge.

He's extremely manipulative.
Highly manipulative individuals do not, I repeat, do NOT, cede control to others.
They wrest it out of the hands of others.

The master puppeteer controls the strings.

JMO.

ITA with everything you said, and as usual, you are incisive.

BBM
In one of the Dr. Phil interview videos with Andy, "the girls were on a camping trip with the church". It is mentioned around 3:35 in the following video
Husband Of Missing Colorado Woman Adamantly Denies Involvement In Disappearance

I knew I'd watched him say that, but I thought it was on one of the PE vids and was unable to locate it. Thank you for that. I really would love to know, who told AM this information.

It's hard not to compare restrictions that were in place here in Ontario in May, with the way they might have been in Colorado or Idaho (or Indiana, for that matter). I do know however, everything here was shut down.

Dine-in restaraunts, movie theaters, gyms, bowling alleys, arcades, indoor play places, salons, all indoor meetings, church services, local parks (even dog parks), campgrounds, travel restrictions, etc. It was big time Lockdown City. The argument can be made of course this was private property and not public campgrounds. Fair enough. That would imply possibly church property or property of a church member?

I do have to wonder if this was ever cleared with their local church in Salida, or if was organized through their former church in IN. The whole thing, all the little puzzle pieces just... seems so overly convenient for SM to have gone missing that weekend.

jmo

He said "they were on a camping trip with the church". It's at 3:35 ish, right after Dr Phil asks him if SM would not be in contact with the girls or on social media for 7 days.

Thank you for the timestamp - I don't do Dr Phil, so that's very helpful.

Unfortunately, I think it's another one of AM's misstatements. There are certainly reasons why he reframed the trip. Some day we may know for sure. But no church camps in Idaho were open during CoVid in May. And while we can't discuss SM sources, let's just say that I'm skeptical for my own reasons.

It's unfathomable to me, during a pandemic, a church having a camping trip at all
I understand that with covid-19 & SM's chemo treatments - she & her loved ones were being cautious about exposing her as she'd be high risk.

JMO

Perhaps it wasn't the church, per se, but the group that SM was associated with, Young Life. They have camp grounds all over and there is one in Idaho but much further away than the Utah/Wisconsin/Colorado border, closer to Boise.

I think posters (myself included) assumed the camp was near the border just because it seemed like an awful distance to go just for a week, especially driving, and even more so, because there's a Young Life camp in Colorado. There's always the possibility that SM made the suggestion to go.

If they did go on a camping trip organized by a group I'd like to know how they got there. My mind thinks it could be by bus, just because the logistics of taking a group in different vehicles could be problematic.

I don't know where I read it but I got the impression all members of the Morphew family had their own vehicle. So BM had his truck, SM had her new Range Rover and one of the girls had the hand me down RR but I don't know what the other girl drove. If she did have a vehicle, it wasn't at the house when LE showed up on May 10. So did they all have their own vehicles and one took the girls on a camping trip? And if they did have their own vehicles and they didn't take one on a camping trip, where was the vehicle?

Last edited:
What does it matter whether there was a camping trip affiliated with a church back in May or not? The past is the past and it cannot be changed. The girls did not (appear to) get Covid, and no one here knows what measures were taken for safe covid camping (the worst is always being assumed). <modsnip>
Suzanne's demise was going to happen regardless--since the person who disappeared her was (IMO) planning on such an outcome at least somewhat and that person would have had many opportunities. The 'when' was likely variable.

IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members