Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #48

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated interview after a day of searching in freezing water for #suzannemorphew with @MrLeisek and #adventureswithpurpose.

https://twitter.com/natalietysdal/status/1321943076525363206?s=21
A blue shirt was found at the high water mark about 150 feet from where there was a cordoned off area a couple of weeks ago. Crime scene tape in the Monarch Pass area. Blue shirt had two stab wound holes and bullet holes. Some of the searchers heading to the area received death threats?? This is ALL NEW!

Updated interview after a day of searching in freezing water for #suzannemorphew with @MrLeisek and #adventureswithpurpose.

https://twitter.com/natalietysdal/status/1321943076525363206?s=21

In the video, the two men from "Adventures with Purpose" said the shirt with stab holes, gunshot holes, and possibly bodily fluids was found and turned over to CBI and local sheriff by a man on their search team who searched in advance of them, but they didn't say how much earlier he searched.

I'm curious whether the man on their search team that they are referring to is the same man that was searching by himself in the area the week before AM's coordinated search of 700+ people?

Last edited by a moderator:
How could there be body fluids when it had been in the water?
It may have been found on land near the creek. They said they were searching an area that had been searched before and there was crime scene tape still there. The area and the shirt "lined up with some of the readings," apparently. Maybe one of the previous searchers left the shirt behind. They said the shirt had stab wounds and gunshot holes and possibly bodily fluid. I'm not sure how they could tell without testing it.

They said they were receiving death threats so they had to stop. I don't know why they didn't call the police. Hopefully they at least reported it.

They shouldn't have to be incognito. LE should be of assistance to them. Why aren’t they?

I am watching the Live with the AWP guys. I give them credit for showing up, but the effort does not seem to have been very well coordinated. It seems they are riding in an RV across the country looking at multiple cases. There’s talk of ‘readings’, they found a random shirt, the water was too cold and unsafe for diving. A car was nearby with someone watching them. They left already.

All in all, it seems like a non-starter.

jmo

BBM:

One would think, but we've followed enough cases here in Colorado alone to know that common sense plays virtually no part in the actions of most of these asinine killers.

I think BM was counting on LE biting into the bike ride narrative hook, line and sinker.

I also think BM is accustomed to people taking whatever he says at face value, without fact-checking it.

He took it for granted that his account of SM's MD bike ride would not be questioned, most likely because his accounts have never been questioned in the past.

JMO.
Totally agree.

I’m starting to realize that with this particular case....
Common sense ain’t so common o_O

Just My Opinion, if BM's friends are willing to "spy" on and threaten volunteers searching for his wife, those "friends" have some sort of vested interest in the outcome of this investigation. They must have a dog in the fight.

But why?

Last edited:
I'm jumping about 5 pages of posts here but didn't BM say that the wall needed re-doing because he hired drug addicts who screwed it up? Then didn't Lauren mention CC was going back to the wall build the second time also saying the original crew was heading back that screwed it up the first time? Feel free to correct my messed up brain salad of a comment.

It may have been found on land near the creek. They said they were searching an area that had been searched before and there was crime scene tape still there. The area and the shirt "lined up with some of the readings," apparently. Maybe one of the previous searchers left the shirt behind. They said the shirt had stab wounds and gunshot holes and possibly bodily fluid. I'm not sure how they could tell without testing it.

They said they were receiving death threats so they had to stop. I don't know why they didn't call the police. Hopefully they at least reported it.
Ohhh got it. So LE had already shut down this area and searched it, but missed this critical piece of evidence o_O

I'm wondering if the video released today was more of a "targeted" dissemination of information to see if someone would react?

Watching the Netflix documentary on
Shan’ann Watts and was startled at the end - 3 women are killed every day by their husband/ significant other. I follow a lot of these cases on websleuths but certainly not 90 a month - It does not escape me that SM fits this profile and it reaffirms my faith in CO LE - after all we have Shan’ann, Kelsey, and Gannon to look to and they will bring justice to this wonderful mom
IMO

In the video, the two men from "Adventures with Purpose" said the shirt with stab holes, gunshot holes, and possibly bodily fluids was found and turned over to CBI and local sheriff by a man on their search team who searched in advance of them, but they didn't say how much earlier he searched.

I'm curious whether the man on their search team that they are referring to is the same man that was searching by himself in the area the week before AM's coordinated search of 700+ people? If so, does that mean the shirt was found back in late September?
Or maybe it was one of the items found during Andy's search. That guy was a little hard to follow. It sounds like they are searching areas based on psychic readings. They said a lot was said about water. But I guess you don't have to be a psychic to know that bodies are often found in water.

Just My Opinion, if BM's friends willing to "spy" on and threaten volunteers searching for his wife, those "friends" have some sort of vested interest in the outcome of this investigation. They must have a dog in the fight.

But why?
I had a suspected narcissist ex boyfriend. He is a civil litigator, every “friend” he has owes him a favor. This way, he can manipulate and exercise control over his “friends”. I wonder if there might be a similar dynamic with Barry and his crew?

JMO

Re: the wall rebuild-please refresh my memory. Did Barry state that he went on Sunday so that he could return and “work local” that week, in the Salida area? I seem to remember that his intention had always been to leave his crew up in Broomfield without him supervising the rebuild during the week. I know we went back and forth on this. If he was supposed to be back home Sunday night, or even Monday, who was going to be watching that project? According to Lauren, it appears that the rebuild would have required supervision from Barry, or the sub who subbed to him. If Suzanne had not gone missing, would Barry have been the supervisor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member