Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been following along, but I’m still left wondering.

We have talked about SM and takeout food Friday, a possible sandwich sighting Saturday, texting with a friend maybe Saturday (but last thread a poster said it was Friday, and the wedding was Saturday).

Is there a true definitive date and time Suzanne was last seen or spoken with?
Good point.
ONE person saw and spoke with her the last time that we know of, and he ain't talking.
Not speculation, but fact.

So many theories swirling around.
The one constant is that Suzanne is missing and the one person who could clear up even the most basic facts is instead pleading the fifth.

Last edited:
Re: the wall rebuild-please refresh my memory. Did Barry state that he went on Sunday so that he could return and “work local” that week, in the Salida area? I seem to remember that his intention had always been to leave his crew up in Broomfield without him supervising the rebuild during the week. I know we went back and forth on this. If he was supposed to be back home Sunday night, or even Monday, who was going to be watching that project? According to Lauren, it appears that the rebuild would have required supervision from Barry, or the sub who subbed to him. If Suzanne had not gone missing, would Barry have been the supervisor?

As I recall, BM told Andy he'd gotten permission to work on Mother's Day, to set up for his crew coming in Sunday night. I think that's the interview where Andy misspoke, citing Colorado Springs. But yes, once set up, then Barry said he'd be able to work locally the next four days.

As I recall, the original wall was done poorly by a meth head BM fired. One whose car he couldn't remember but considered him questionable.

Sounds like the next plan, from at least May 7th, was for BM and MG to repair the wall together. On Monday the 11th. He apparently didn't mention any plan to change that when he worked with MG on the 9th, and only told her at 4 am on the 10th to put together a crew ON MOTHER'S DAY.

Suddenly there was an urgency but methinks it wasn't project urgency. It could have waited. In fact, it was redone so poorly, it had to be re-re-done.

Lots of moving parts, but only one consistent actor at the center.

JMO

Wow. They mention searching the creek, near an area taped off, that LE searched two weeks ago. I wonder if the watchers dared to have scopes on LE. There's something rotten in Denmark.
Moo
bbm
Indeed.
Fine, let them !

And if they threaten others, then LE can invite them in for a little chat.
In many states, a death threat can lead to charges or even jail time.

Just My Opinion, if BM's friends are willing to "spy" on and threaten volunteers searching for his wife, those "friends" have some sort of vested interest in the outcome of this investigation. They must have a dog in the fight.

But why?
Asked and answered :)
A dog in the fight, means they helped/covered, up or both. I have a difficult time believing that actually happened, they weren't near his property line were they?

Last edited:
This was done independently. Her bio page is still up on the Fox 21 site, but she hasn’t written a new article in about a week. She hasn’t been on tv in several weeks.

Her YouTube page looks like she’s selling herself to a new employer, as she has a “reporter reel” on there.

So in short, we don’t know. My guess is that she’s either out, or on her way out though.

<modsnip: Please do not discuss or refer to removed posts>

Ok, so I find the timing of LS eminent departure/separation from Fox 21 a bit more than coincidental. She’s pulled from reporting on SM, and pretty much goes AWOL- now the above mentioned that I agree with.

Something went down, and IMO it very much had to do with the Morphew case. It seems there was a big fallout between LS and her affiliate right in the middle of what could have been a career breakthrough reporting job for her. Now she’s seemingly looking for a new position elsewhere ?

What’s exactly wrong with this picture? Both the Fox 21 and LS are continuing with the story but independent of each other- but why?

Something is going on in this case that caused a reporter and her network to essentially cut ties? This keeps escalating- IMOO.

Last edited by a moderator:
at the 45 second mark, he states 'we have not received death threats'
Yeah, he said they had heard that people in the area had been receiving death threats and that they hadn't but then he hinted that their lives were in danger after the interviewer asked him to talk more about that. He said people were watching and they had to pull out of there fast "because of the potential safety of our lives."

He probably just heard "rumors" about death threats, saw that people were watching out of curiosity, and just assumed their lives could be in danger.

Yeah, he said they had heard that people in the area had been receiving death threats and that they hadn't but then he hinted that their lives were in danger after the interviewer asked him to talk more about that. He said people were watching and they had to pull out of there fast "because of the potential safety of our lives."

He probably just heard "rumors" about death threats, saw that people were watching out of curiosity, and just assumed their lives could be in danger.

If I could give this 10 thumbs up....;)

They also said if they dove under the ice of a frozen body of water and could not break through the ice, it was a safety issue so they did not search those areas for safety reasons......

A bit O/T.
As Leisek talked thru the first 10 min's of the 12 min vid while:confused: man on right was mum,:confused: I thought I had accidently caught a clip from Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. :rolleyes:
Nevertheless, interesting, and I hope the AwP searches lead to some evd.

natalie tysdal 12min:35sec vid w Mr. Leisek of Adventures with Purpose.

^ Also linked in post 26, by @SeattleSlew in this thread.

Last edited:
As I recall, BM told Andy he'd gotten permission to work on Mother's Day, to set up for his crew coming in Sunday night. I think that's the interview where Andy misspoke, citing Colorado Springs. But yes, once set up, then Barry said he'd be able to work locally the next four days.

As I recall, the original wall was done poorly by a meth head BM fired. One whose car he couldn't remember but considered him questionable.

Sounds like the next plan, from at least May 7th, was for BM and MG to repair the wall together. On Monday the 11th. He apparently didn't mention any plan to change that when he worked with MG on the 9th, and only told her at 4 am on the 10th to put together a crew ON MOTHER'S DAY.

Suddenly there was an urgency but methinks it wasn't project urgency. It could have waited. In fact, it was redone so poorly, it had to be re-re-done.

JMO
Your very last sentence is excellent.

It seems BM is the common denominator in every story, and that’s not a coincidence or just bad luck for poor BM. IMO.

If you really look at the whole case, who truly has motive here? We are finding out more details and NOT one has put BM in a positive light. No one has come to his defense since people started talking. Why is that?

They also said if they dove under the ice of a frozen body of water and could not break through the ice, it was a safety issue so they did not search those areas for safety reasons......
Yes, it seems they picked the wrong day to dive. It's freezing here, too. The rain is turning into snow later tonight in upstate NY and PA!

I’ve been following along, but I’m still left wondering.

We have talked about SM and takeout food Friday, a possible sandwich sighting Saturday, texting with a friend maybe Saturday (but last thread a poster said it was Friday, and the wedding was Saturday).

Is there a true definitive date and time Suzanne was last seen or spoken with?
Nope.

Per the interview and the discovery of the blue shirt, related or unrelated?

Real evidence? Or planted evidence?

I have NEVER seen a missing person's case like this.

Just when I think it can't get screwier....

JMO

I have also, never seen a missing person's case like this.

I am grateful for folks like the PE guys using their professional experience in LE to assist in any way they can, but I'm deeply concerned with the rando YT'ers that seem to think they have a right to insert themselves into this investigation, without the invitation or the approval of local LE.

Holy Crud.

JL said they were "under watch" today, i.e., being observed by hostile onlookers.

They intended to search 5 sites, only went to one and had to pull out of that one early, ahead of schedule, because people had scopes and eyes on them at all times.

They also mentioned that other people coming into the area have received death threats, but that they hadn't received any.

JL said they felt they had to stop, "because of the safety of our lives."

He went on to say they were only a couple of hours into the search when, "the team felt as though something was not right. It was unsafe….because of what they were seeing."

Obviously, they felt very threatened.

Sounds like BM might have been back on armed patrol duty today.

JMO.

It appears the Chaffee Patriots or whatever they are called is a very real thing.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Speculation :
Do I think threats to reporters or searchers are possible ?
Yes.

With BM carrying a weapon -- even if he wasn't pointing it at anyone -- to go and 'meet' the searchers to warn them about not stepping foot on his land; it's not a stretch to think he or his cronies might be rattled about these new searches !
Searchers who were giving of their own time and $$ to look for his missing wife.

BM showed the searchers just how much he cared, and now again -- it looks like he's behaving predictably.
BM is the gift that keeps on giving.
It'd be hilarious if this wasn't so tragic and unspeakable.

Tbh, I am more worried about the two female reporters, Lauren S. and Natalie T.
As they are openly investigating and backing up their information.
They've put themselves out there and are credible.
I hope that they'll be alert, aware, and most of all to stay safe !
Imo.

Last edited:
Just My Opinion, if BM's friends are willing to "spy" on and threaten volunteers searching for his wife, those "friends" have some sort of vested interest in the outcome of this investigation. They must have a dog in the fight.

But why?

Exactly. Why? Because they have something to lose that is equal to or greater than what BM could lose.

Exactly. Why? Because they have something to lose that is equal to or greater than what BM could lose.
"Scharf called Tony Miller, the president of E.A. Outdoor Services, to ask him that question. Miller said only, “No comment,” according to Scharf."

This whole murder might go deeply and far reaching.

****I think Lauren Scharf's video is allowed to be discussed. If not, please delete my comment. Thanks.

Last edited:

JMO

Don’t forget, JP said he met BM in Salida Saturday afternoon, the 9th, and that’s when he asked JP if he could work in Broomfield on Sunday. This was after he had cut his workday short with MG so he could go home to “make SM happy by taking her biking or hiking”. Is this when his plan began to percolate? Was the bike ride set up already on his mind?
What changed between 11:30 a.m. Saturday when he sent MG home without ever mentioning the Broomfield job and a couple of hours later when he met JP in town?
JP also said BM contacted him Sunday morning confirming the job. When BM called MG he could have told her he already had JP on board and asked if she could round up another person. Why would BM have to call MG at 4:00 am on Sunday morning? If the job is starting on Monday, couldn’t the call wait until 8 or 9 or some other reasonable hour? Why did MG think BM had had the worst night of his life?

From tonight's PE, discussion between Chris and Wendy K, the dog handler who's dogs (Molly and ?) hit twice at the beach site:

21:47
well you know i like to say the universe
21:50
is on schedule
21:51
sometimes and what what's interesting
21:55
though
is you you guys just molly just kind of
21:59
fell into this if i if i remember right
22:02
right i mean you guys weren't even
22:04
specifically looking for this one
22:06
geographic uh uh area
22:10
uh and then so molly uh
22:13
falls into it but so did your other dog
22:16
didn't they both
22:18
pretty much uh go to the exact same spot
22:22
yes i think what what are the odds of
22:25
that
22:26
what are the odds of that
22:30
i'm just curious i mean with all your
22:32
experience
22:33
and and what are the odds of when the
22:35
dogs went to that spot
22:38
that the authorities showed up right
22:40
behind you didn't they
22:42
yeah it was it was definitely different
22:47
but that way i was very shy because we
22:50
were actually heading back to the car
22:51
and then i looked over and i was like
22:56
and weren't they asking you weren't they
22:58
asking you how did you
22:59
end up in this area yes
23:04
totally by accident that's all right

Are they saying LE showed up behind the dog owner after her dogs hit and questioned her about why she was there? That is certainly what has been implied, especially if LE was standing back during the search. I wonder why she replies "it was definitely different."

Starts at 21:47.

From tonight's PE, discussion between Chris and Wendy K, the dog handler who's dogs (Molly and ?) hit twice at the beach site:

21:47
well you know i like to say the universe
21:50
is on schedule
21:51
sometimes and what what's interesting
though
is you you guys just molly just kind of
21:59
fell into this if i if i remember right
22:02
right i mean you guys weren't even
22:04
specifically looking for this one
22:06
geographic uh uh area
22:10
uh and then so molly uh
22:13
falls into it but so did your other dog
22:16
didn't they both
22:18
pretty much uh go to the exact same spot
22:22
yes i think what what are the odds of
22:25
that
22:26
what are the odds of that
22:30
i'm just curious i mean with all your
22:32
experience
22:33
and and what are the odds of when the
22:35
dogs went to that spot
22:38
that the authorities showed up right
22:40
behind you didn't they
22:42
yeah it was it was definitely different
22:47
but that way i was very shy because we
22:50
were actually heading back to the car
22:51
and then i looked over and i was like
22:56
and weren't they asking you weren't they
22:58
asking you how did you
22:59
end up in this area yes
23:04
totally by accident that's all right

Are they saying LE showed up behind the dog owner after her dogs hit and questioned her about why she was there? That is certainly what has been implied, especially if LE was standing back during the search. I wonder why she replies "it was definitely different."

Starts at 21:47.

if they’re saying that then in MOO even more absurd how Chris railed on LE that last night for not doing anything, leaving Andy and his search locations totally unsecured and all of that talk. I didn’t watch the video, I’m only going by the transcription you posted, I haven’t been able to watch them since, too much vague and cryptic messaging for me. But I will be interested to hear more on what they might have really meant about that spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB