Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting how many people have expressed fear and or that they have received threats. I find this so interesting. Why would anyone be threatened unless there was fear they may find something?

Anyone have any insight here?

In the video, the two men from "Adventures with Purpose" said the shirt with stab holes, gunshot holes, and possibly bodily fluids was found and turned over to CBI and local sheriff by a man on their search team who searched in advance of them, but they didn't say how much earlier he searched.

I'm curious whether the man on their search team that they are referring to is the same man that was searching by himself in the area the week before AM's coordinated search of 700+ people? <modsnip>

RBBM

THIS^^^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy Crud.

JL said they were "under watch" today, i.e., being observed by hostile onlookers.

They intended to search 5 sites, only went to one and had to pull out of that one early, ahead of schedule, because people had scopes and eyes on them at all times.

They also mentioned that other people coming into the area have received death threats, but that they hadn't received any.

JL said they felt they had to stop, "because of the safety of our lives."

He went on to say they were only a couple of hours into the search when, "the team felt as though something was not right. It was unsafe….because of what they were seeing."

Obviously, they felt very threatened.

Sounds like BM might have been back on armed patrol duty today.

JMO.

This is unreal!!!! Just when i think nothing can or should surprise us in this case.... BAM! Who or what is he? The crime boss of Salida?!?

<modsnip> I’m not buying this nonsense of Barry’s people trying to intimidate them. If they saw anything, I think it was probably curious people wondering what <modsnip> they were doing.

Highly, highly, skeptical.

Interesting how many people have expressed fear and or that they have received threats. I find this so interesting. Why would anyone be threatened unless there was fear they may find something?

Anyone have any insight here?
This is the first I'm hearing that folks coming into town for the purpose of helping to find SM are getting threatened.

Maybe the MSM isn't reporting it (I don't follow in social media, because it's full of horsesnot, lies and rumors intentionally designed [content creator 101] to collect subscribers & donations, and sadly, it works like a charm), but I haven't heard about any of this before now.

Who would even be doing any threatening?
And for what reason, if they had nothing to do with SM's disappearance?

This is all quickly beginning to look like a soap opera script.

jmo

Exactly. Why? Because they have something to lose that is equal to or greater than what BM could lose.
bbm
Ita.
As in, the loss of money, nefarious deeds being discovered, or even prison ?
What if it's curious locals or people who do not want searchers out and about for their own reasons ?
Imo.

From tonight's PE, discussion between Chris and Wendy K, the dog handler who's dogs (Molly and ?) hit twice at the beach site:
Are they saying LE showed up behind the dog owner after her dogs hit and questioned her about why she was there? That is certainly what has been implied, especially if LE was standing back during the search. I wonder why she replies "it was definitely different."

Starts at 21:47.

That's exactly what was implied, then Mike shuts down the conversation (as usual). I only listened to the blip at 21:00, I'm confused on the timeline, when did this happen? When the FBI cut the concrete pad, or when Andy's search was going on?

I was awestruck watching the video of the one who was searching by walking up the middle of the icy South Arkansas River (as far as he got). It's pretty well guaranteed to be an attention getter. I think that if a person pronounces Sal-eye-dah as "Sulleedah" and Chay-fee as "Chaphie", then people are probably going to guess he is not from around there.
IMO

Ok, so I find the timing of LS eminent departure/separation from Fox 21 a bit more than coincidental. She’s pulled from reporting on SM, and pretty much goes AWOL- now the above mentioned that I agree with.

Something went down, and IMO it very much had to do with the Morphew case. It seems there was a big fallout between LS and her affiliate right in the middle of what could have been a career breakthrough reporting job for her. Now she’s seemingly looking for a new position elsewhere ?

This sounds like a rumor that's gotten started and being spread based on someone's own thoughts.

It may be as simple as (note: the following is speculation from me): LS is free to work on stories about BM, but for some reason the station isn't going to run them, but LS can put them on her own channel on YT, not under the Fox21 banner.

LS is still listed on the Fox21 site and as far as I know there's been no verified information or confirmation that her status has changed in that regard.

IMO

DBM-Never mind :)

Last edited:
I have also, never seen a missing person's case like this.

I am grateful for folks like the PE guys using their professional experience in LE to assist in any way they can, but I'm deeply concerned with the rando YT'ers that seem to think they have a right to insert themselves into this investigation, without the invitation or the approval of local LE.

Interesting to note these “rando” YT’s will be on Profiling Evil Monday night

<modsnip> I’m not buying this nonsense of Barry’s people trying to intimidate them. If they saw anything, I think it was probably curious people wondering what <modsnip> they were doing.

Highly, highly, skeptical.

They had eyes and scopes sighted on them and were told they should pull out? Why would LE suggest that? Even if they were being watched; would they really shoot with all of those people and LE there? There was quite a bit of information but this coupled with LS's newest report raise more questions than provide answers.

Hinky meter pegged. Why wouldn't they just contact LE? AWP drives across the country to be scared away by supposed threats? Are they implying LE is complicit or neglecting the case?

I don't think so. As far as I can gather, AWP are not super skilled in solving crimes, they are just doing the physical searching. I do think any perceived threats came from the team of "watchers" that asked AWP to step away from the search. Now, what that means exactly, I'm not sure. I got the impression everything AWP said in their video was info they got from their "watchers." It's a little confusing. Imo.

They had eyes and scopes sighted on them and were told they should pull out? Why would LE suggest that? Even if they were being watched; would they really shoot with all of those people and LE there? There was quite a bit of information but this coupled with LS's newest report raise more questions than provide answers.
A shooter from the trees would very hard to find.
Anyone with weapons trained on them is going to retreat.

ADMIN NOTE:

We’re having a problem related to some WS approved sources discussing content from sources that are not allowed by WS.

The thread will remain open, but in the meantime we are trusting members to adhere to the following:

Tube Crime remains a non-approved source at Websleuths. This has previously been posted by Admin. That means don’t link to it, don’t promote it, don’t even mention it.

Adventures with Purpose is temporarily approved at WS strictly due to the fact it is an actual physical search for Suzanne. As WS is fact based, members may discuss the physical search but do not discuss any possible psychic involvement being the basis for the search. WS doesn't do the metaphysical.

As for the “blue shirt” (sourced by non-approved Tube Crime), please refrain from discussing it further until such time as Tricia and I can discuss how this is going to be handled.

Thanks to everyone for your understanding and cooperation.

I didn't hear them say anything about LE being there. I'm not sure why they wouldn't have called them, though. Sounds like there are some dangerous people lurking around in Salida.

Either that or they are just trying to create more drama. There hasn't been much to report since the search and all the PE episodes. This will give them something to talk about, although I doubt anything will end up being relevant to the investigation.

I didn't hear them say anything about LE being there. I'm not sure why they wouldn't have called them, though. Sounds like there are some dangerous people lurking around in Salida.

Either that or they are just trying to create more drama. There hasn't been much to report since the search and all the PE episodes. This will give them something to talk about, although I doubt anything will end up being relevant to the investigation.
Well it is hunting season. Some hunters do not take kindly to having their annual trips interrupted. No matter the reason. IMO

Binoculars would not worry me too much. a "scope" is usually fixed to a firearm, so if you are "scoping" someone, you are usually pointing the firearm at them. If there was an LE presence during the water search, I doubt anyone would have been stupid enough to scope the searchers. That could be construed as brandishing or worse.

The only other thought I had was spotting scopes.

I had hoped that readings referred to side scan sonar which is a very good water search tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper